You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eisennagel

Type 076 Hybrid Carrier

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
10,740 posts

Lets start with some brave or foolish soul in China decided to leak the Chinese Navy RFP to its subcontractors into Chinese social media, and which people promptly moved to Western social media.  No doubt he will be promptly be re-educated when time comes.

The RFP is a heavily modified LHD, probably Type 075 based, but has an EMALs for UAV, features IEP and gas turbines.

Western media has caught on it quickly.

dAmTdty.png

I would link to H. I. Sutton's Forbes article as he tends to make better sense and analysis.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutton/2020/07/23/stealth-uavs-could-arm-chinas-type-076-assault-carrier/#61597b516f3d

I have some forming thoughts about it but don't have enough information and cross opinions to get a more solid picture and write about it.  

Edited by Eisennagel

Members
257 posts
520 battles

I saw "Hybrid Carrier" and immediately thought of Sverige's Gotland:

gotland.pngThis actually existed for a short while, then Sverige removed the flight deck and put more AA on instead.

Edited by black_hull4
misclick

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
740 posts
1,641 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

I saw "Hybrid Carrier" and immediately thought of Sverige's Gotland:

gotland.pngThis actually existed for a short while, then Sverige removed the flight deck and put more AA on instead.

Would love to see these hybrid ships get added into wows (gotland, ise and mogami with the hybrid refit)

Beta Testers
10,740 posts
38 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Would love to see these hybrid ships get added into wows (gotland, ise and mogami with the hybrid refit)

Or like Tone class.  After all these years, Wargaming has never figured it out and seems to have given it up.

I should have rephrased my title differently as hybrid drone carrier and LHD.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,452 posts
18,552 battles
2 minutes ago, Eisennagel said:

Or like Tone class.  After all these years, Wargaming has never figured it out and seems to have given it up.

Thank God if they did; there are enough messed up one trick ponies in the game already. (and then they bring the 40 torp monster back! LOL!!)

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,720 posts
22,633 battles
47 minutes ago, Koogus said:

The time for aviation refit Ise and Tone-class ships was with the RTS CV era of controls.  The current CV controls demand attention 100% of the time and are no way conducive with ships that have normal weapons still.

RTS era, you could have launched and set the planes to auto-attack, and go back and control the ship, guns, etc.  The aircraft would go out, strike, and come back on their own.  Current system, that's impossible.

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
740 posts
1,641 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The time for aviation refit Ise and Tone-class ships was with the RTS CV era of controls.  The current CV controls demand attention 100% of the time and are no way conducive with ships that have normal weapons still.

RTS era, you could have launched and set the planes to auto-attack, and go back and control the ship, guns, etc.  The aircraft would go out, strike, and come back on their own.  Current system, that's impossible.

Never said make the planes controllable.i was more thinking of letting them use both spotting and fighter catapult aircraft, give them larger amount of them compared to other ships and make them quick reloading.

(maybe tweak other things too like fighter catapult aircraft have a larger attack radius or they stay up longer)

Edited by Koogus