Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BurntOut_Koalas

The joke of Ranked!

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

15
[D-PN]
Members
25 posts
18,539 battles

Hi All,

 

Well i know that people are going to just say OMFG another whine about Carriers but please hear me out.

Ranked this season is a one class game if you do not need to do much effort EXCEPT be good.   The reality is that you need to be a good Carrier player and you can CARRY if you are good at this is my example of the case.

 

To Get to Ranked 5 quickly you need to carry, and the only type of ship that can do this is the Carrier especially the Enterprise.  If you can out perform your opponent carrier (no other ship can do this) then you will win at least 65% of the time and you can make rank 5 in just around 25 to 35 games.

All the other types of ships need to GRIND .... most of the players i have seen who have made rank 5 take around .

Now that said there are unicum players who can carry in a Massa or DD .... i havent seen a single player in a Cruiser do it on the NA server.

But stats do not lie ....

Examples:

Player A ... Ranked 5 in 39 games:

image.png

Account winrate: 51.26%

Player B ... Ranked 5 in 37 games:

image.thumb.png.5123ae06e1b9e45b98691926731e5951.png

Account winrate:61.35 %

Player C ... Ranked 5 in 37 games

image.thumb.png.e035de9cd9319787296cb66bf867520a.png

Account winrate: 53.57%

Player D .... Ranked 5 in 48 games

image.thumb.png.6d6cd8812167d0c946daa2e4dba00d98.png

Account winrate:66.58 %

 

So while you can still reach rank 5 being a unicum player in a short time ... the average player must take out a CV.

 

I on the other hand I am a average player and it took me 80 games to reach rank 5 .... not saying I am good just don't play CV's

All they say its balanced!!!!

 

 

I cant remove this image below sorry but yes you are a unicum player i get it.

image.png

Edited by BurntOut_Koalas
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
374
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,185 posts
12,724 battles

Well the enterprise is imo the most broken ship tier for tier in the game but I see your point. I generally don’t mind cv in ranked or other game modes tho. I tied up 3 ships on a flank and the cv focused me almost all game in my Oland. I survived, shot down 32 planes, sunk 1, and we won against a Shokaku. Felt good man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,292
[KAG]
Members
1,355 posts
12,881 battles

Nothing has changed, wether it be CBs, Ranked, or Randoms.  The difference in CBs and Ranked is the battles don’t last that long and there are less ships to deal with, so an experienced CV player will exploit their limitless planes and spotting ability.  An inexperienced player will simply negate their presence in a battle and put a team at a disadvantage, most likely losing the game for himself and their team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[D-PN]
Members
25 posts
18,539 battles
3 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Nothing has changed, wether it be CBs, Ranked, or Randoms.  The difference in CBs and Ranked is the battles don’t last that long and there are less ships to deal with, so an experienced CV player will exploit their limitless planes and spotting ability.  An inexperienced player will simply negate their presence in a battle and put a team at a disadvantage, most likely losing the game for himself and their team.

Exactly ... CV's are broken in Ranked cause you only have 7 ships per team.  My example shows i shot down 40 planes and he still managed to get me down to 2% and finish first to save his star. 

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles

So, legit question; who says the CV is balanced? Anyone? @RemoveCVcomplainers maybe? 

Also, your first screen shot is interesting. 

25 minutes ago, BurntOut_Koalas said:

Player A ... Ranked 5 in 30 games:

image.thumb.png.552a475e0431c2181ce509c68fcbc647.png

I just happened to go check the numbers right now and found the same guy. 

1251420419_calledout.thumb.jpg.9d7b91b886e0ee7c2502a2134eebf7a7.jpg

You know where I'm going next right OP? The account winrate is not 51.26%:

wintate.thumb.png.a23db2fd6076cd199ae430dd5fa56c3f.png

 

OP, would you message me the player name you're referencing? Because from what I see, you either messed up checking the stats, or you're right:

25 minutes ago, BurntOut_Koalas said:

stats do not lie ....

... people do.

 

Also, you're overall idea I think is correct; it is easier to control one's fate in a CV, and the stats will support that at the end of the day I'm sure. So not sure why we had to lie to get there.

Edited by Merc_R_Us
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,830 posts

what rank did each of these examples start at?

30 games to rank 5 is impressive if they started at 15, less so if they started at 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,584
[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,461 posts
10,717 battles
27 minutes ago, BurntOut_Koalas said:

Hi All,

 

Well i know that people are going to just say OMFG another whine about Carriers but please hear me out.

Ranked this season is a one class game if you do not need to do much effort EXCEPT be good.   The reality is that you need to be a good Carrier player and you can CARRY if you are good at this is my example of the case.

 

The problem is, the other 6 players are utterly dependent on the CV player to win. A bad CV player will doom his team..unless the opposing CV is equally bad. 

Any other ship type, the 7vs7 setup can afford to have 1 sometimes even 2 people be AFK and the team can still win. But if the CV is incompetent or AFK their chances of winning are dependent on whether the enemy CV is incompetent or AFK as well. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[D-PN]
Members
25 posts
18,539 battles
2 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

The problem is, the other 6 players are utterly dependent on the CV player to win. A bad CV player will doom his team..unless the opposing CV is equally bad. 

Any other ship type, the 7vs7 setup can afford to have 1 sometimes even 2 people be AFK and the team can still win. But if the CV is incompetent or AFK their chances of winning are dependent on whether the enemy CV is incompetent or AFK as well. 

 

The problem with CV's is that you end up game after game that it really depends on the 2 CV's to which team wins right?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,058
[OIL-1]
Members
1,450 posts

So in this ranked season you need an Enterprise to win.
In the 1v1 sprint, if you didn't have a Tirpitz you were screwed.
Another classic case of p2w brought to you by the evil corporate overlords.

Btw, whatever happened to premium vehicles not being as good as tech tree?
(I demand a free Missouri for everyone!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,105
[5D]
Members
1,163 posts
15,478 battles

been playing the perceval , from 12 to 5 took me 57 match and 38 of these in the perceval with a 63% win rate , i had some horrible team that would die very fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
1 hour ago, BurntOut_Koalas said:

Of course unicums do well in carriers as well.

 

Are you sad you don't qualify as one? :cap_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,981
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
1 hour ago, BurntOut_Koalas said:

The problem with CV's is that you end up game after game that it really depends on the 2 CV's to which team wins right?

No the problem with CVs is the team believing this kind of tripe. The TEAM wins battles playing their own ship to their maximum ability. 

Quit trying to push the blame AND the credit onto the CV. Make up your mind. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
97 posts
14,421 battles

I’m not all to certain I’ve lost or won a ranked solely on a CV’s actions any more so than the BB that runs away from any fight and won’t shoot a cruiser, a dd that won’t touch a cap or a radar cruiser that sits 16K from the cap trying to poke shots over the island while the DD’s run rampant.  
 

It takes some MM magic to get enough competent players on a team to win or at least stack the bad ones on the other team.  😹.  
 

Good luck on your ranked journey and try to have some fun on the way. 
 

 

Harley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,285
[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

Bottom line, playing with carriers is frustrating.

They have no business in  random battles, let alone in ranked where it's presence is magnified.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
394
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
583 posts
13,169 battles
1 hour ago, BurntOut_Koalas said:

The problem with CV's is that you end up game after game that it really depends on the 2 CV's to which team wins right?

Not true at all. I have been playing Massachusetts which is op and do very well and get lots of high calibers while the CVs did not get near the top like you claim they should. Anyone saying the win is decided by one ship is not very experienced in the game. The way the team works together is the main factor in determining who wins.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,630
[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,554 battles
3 hours ago, BurntOut_Koalas said:

Exactly ... CV's are broken in Ranked cause you only have 7 ships per team.  My example shows i shot down 40 planes and he still managed to get me down to 2% and finish first to save his star. 

unknown.png

The joke is you are equating the stats of unicums (that have all already ranked out btw...so they won't be in your way anymore) w/what you will see for the rest of the ranked season.

It's not actually the joke of ranked... it's just the joke of the first few days of ranked (although you may see a few that had IRL issues & started late & will do their afternoon of ranked later...but that is a general statement & any 1 person won't personally see a few...they will be lucky to see 1 in the rest of the season...unless they are playing very late at night when there are few people on that night).

1 hour ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Not true at all. I have been playing Massachusetts which is op and do very well and get lots of high calibers while the CVs did not get near the top like you claim they should. Anyone saying the win is decided by one ship is not very experienced in the game. The way the team works together is the main factor in determining who wins.

That's not possible...he had examples w/purple stats & everything...I saw them...did you even look?

How can examples of purple stats not be true?

BTW OP...you have commented twice since this post:

3 hours ago, Merc_R_Us said:

So, legit question; who says the CV is balanced? Anyone? @RemoveCVcomplainers maybe? 

Also, your first screen shot is interesting. 

I just happened to go check the numbers right now and found the same guy. 

1251420419_calledout.thumb.jpg.9d7b91b886e0ee7c2502a2134eebf7a7.jpg

You know where I'm going next right OP? The account winrate is not 51.26%:

wintate.thumb.png.a23db2fd6076cd199ae430dd5fa56c3f.png

 

OP, would you message me the player name you're referencing? Because from what I see, you either messed up checking the stats, or you're right:

... people do.

 

Also, you're overall idea I think is correct; it is easier to control one's fate in a CV, and the stats will support that at the end of the day I'm sure. So not sure why we had to lie to get there.

But you didn't reply to it. Care to explain where you got the 51.26% WR you claimed from a player w/a 73.38% WR?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,630
[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,554 battles

Sad part is these same unicums are boycotting CBs because of how OP CVs are in small battles...yet they aren't boycotting Ranked.

Can't use the same analogies of "CVs are balanced for 12 x 12 random battles" as an excuse...why no Ranked boycott?

Guess it doesn't matter when everybody (including the opposing team's CV) on both teams is a bunch of scrubs compared to you...it's only when the opposing team may also have a unicum CV (which is rare w/the small percentage of unicums that will happen in any individual match in ranked  but quite frequent in upper tier CBs) that it's "not fun".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles
5 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The joke is you are equating the stats of unicums (that have all already ranked out btw...so they won't be in your way anymore) w/what you will see for the rest of the ranked season.

It's not actually the joke of ranked... it's just the joke of the first few days of ranked (although you may see a few that had IRL issues & started late & will do their afternoon of ranked later...but that is a general statement & any 1 person won't personally see a few...they will be lucky to see 1 in the rest of the season...unless they are playing very late at night when there are few people on that night).

That's not possible...he had examples w/purple stats & everything...I saw them...did you even look?

How can examples of purple stats not be true?

BTW OP...you have commented twice since this post:

But you didn't reply to it. Care to explain where you got the 51.26% WR you claimed from a player w/a 73.38% WR?

Are you asking me something or the OP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
727
[-VT-]
Members
1,258 posts
29,896 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Not true at all. I have been playing Massachusetts which is op and do very well and get lots of high calibers while the CVs did not get near the top like you claim they should. Anyone saying the win is decided by one ship is not very experienced in the game. The way the team works together is the main factor in determining who wins.

Didn't say near the top on damage just that they win the game. A team with a very good CV player will win over a team poor CV play the vast majority of the time, in a 7 vs 7 game. I am experienced BTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
727
[-VT-]
Members
1,258 posts
29,896 battles
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Sad part is these same unicums are boycotting CBs because of how OP CVs are in small battles...yet they aren't boycotting Ranked.

Can't use the same analogies of "CVs are balanced for 12 x 12 random battles" as an excuse...why no Ranked boycott?

Guess it doesn't matter when everybody (including the opposing team's CV) on both teams is a bunch of scrubs compared to you...it's only when the opposing team may also have a unicum CV (which is rare w/the small percentage of unicums that will happen in any individual match in ranked  but quite frequent in upper tier CBs) that it's "not fun".

They are not really boycotting; they are just stomping their feet in the forum.  So using that for comparison is folly. 

 

The only reasons why a Unicom's does or doesn't play are: time, rewards, or if its getting boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,192
[WOLFC]
Members
2,507 posts
9 hours ago, z9_ said:

So in this ranked season you need an Enterprise to win.
In the 1v1 sprint, if you didn't have a Tirpitz you were screwed.

 

The definition of "needed to win" & "screwed " here is a little over the top.

 

A HECK of a lot of people playing ranked are not worried about how long it takes to get to where they want to go.  Way more then the stats people (who are always out in full the first weekend)

 

Me, I'm having fun in my Asashio -  guaranteed  3 targets in this weekend meta and can support well against everything else while maintaining really good concealment

 

Am I winning all the time?    Nope

 

Am I enjoying myself?  HECK YES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,058
[OIL-1]
Members
1,450 posts
48 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

The definition of "needed to win" & "screwed " here is a little over the top.

A HECK of a lot of people playing ranked are not worried about how long it takes to get to where they want to go.  Way more then the stats people (who are always out in full the first weekend)

Me, I'm having fun in my Asashio -  guaranteed  3 targets in this weekend meta and can support well against everything else while maintaining really good concealment

Am I winning all the time?    Nope

Am I enjoying myself?  HECK YES

Well of course, Big Daddy WeeGee is gonna throw you a bone once in a while to keep you strung out.

I was merely stating an observation. I couldn't care less, as I plan on leveling my Lexington this season. Whatever the best ship is doesn't matter, I want that easy xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×