You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
QueenGaladriel

ODIN setup for a T8 Noob

6 comments in this topic

[BURN1]
Members
1 post
6,385 battles

Any advice on the best ship and commander setup for a T8 noob? (I have all the T6s unlocked, but have only played the Bliss and Myoko at T7 or higher). TNX.

[WPORT]
Members
4,340 posts
9,319 battles
14 minutes ago, QueenGaladriel said:

ODIN setup for a T8 Noob

By QueenGaladriel,

Any advice on the best ship and commander setup for a T8 noob? (I have all the T6s unlocked, but have only played the Bliss and Myoko at T7 or higher). TNX.

I like your name.

I intend to share a couple of screen-shots below.  The Captain's Skills and upgrade modules suit my purposes and play style.  Your mileage may vary.  :-)

shot-20_07_25_21_25.58-0660.thumb.jpg.9c38c41af492b0d87273116cd5045dce.jpg

shot-20_07.25_21_26.13-0722.thumb.jpg.e043c294cf958968b90900a62561bd02.jpg

[WHEE]
Members
70 posts
1,980 battles

I’d highly recommend reading LWM’s review that will give you excellent insight as always. 

As she alludes to as her “fun build,” I ran Odin with a full secondary build - I more of a co-op main and it just shreds bots, great for burning off steam when getting home from work. 

I ran with Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Basic Firing Training, and Manual Fire Control For Secondary Armament. Once I get 4 more points, I’ll grab Advanced Firing Training to boost my range. 

As for upgrades, my two biggies are spending coal to get the Hydro premium upgrade, and the most important other one is the Auxiliary Armaments Modification 2 to boost your secondary range and accuracy. Then I’d recommend the Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 in the first slot and then the Rudder Shift modification for the final slot. 

Again, a build for fun, maybe not for competition. 

Edited by celticboy27
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,724 posts
19,709 battles

BFT, AFT, FP, SI 

start with those.... PT AR JOT

There ya go hybrid tank secondaries build.

Anything that boosts secondaries for modoules.

[IJN]
Members
116 posts
1,464 battles
On 7/25/2020 at 8:36 PM, celticboy27 said:

As she alludes to as her “fun build,” I ran Odin with a full secondary build

Get, Expert loader, AR, BFT, and CE. First 10 points. If you equip the modules Mouse suggests for the fun secondary build you are good to go. You'll only have 9.7km secondary range until u get AFT but I'd suggest getting manual fire control first for more accurate secondaries. Make sure you equip the secondary flag. Concealment SHOULD always be the prioirty for this ship, you get down to 12km which is fantastic and very useful for disengaging. 

[POP]
Members
963 posts
8,474 battles

My build and my results so far.  I share this captain with my Sharnhorst and Graff Spee.  I really like Odin so far, ya she has some limitations but is a fun boat to play when you use her correctly.

Screenshot (32).png

Screenshot (31).png

• Cool 1