Capt_Ahab1776

Super testers do not get achievements

6 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,296 posts
14,500 battles

Couple nights ago was in battle with a super tester who was sailing the FDR. Was a close battle till the end. I had already been destroyed and was floating around in “angel view” watching the rest of the match. The super tester pulled our bacon out of the fire and had the last kill which was his fifth and won the game. I looked at battle results at the end and noticed he didn’t get a Kraken. I messaged him after in pm and asked about it. He said test ships don’t get achievements. I upvoted him and told him he earned a Kraken.

Not arguing WG’s policy on that, just learned something new.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,566 posts
17,903 battles

Test ships don't earn chievs and battles in test ships are not counted for stats, be it W/R, DPG, XPG, KPG, anything.

[WOLF5]
Members
897 posts
8,032 battles

I have seen this mentioned in various videos posted by CCs and other testers...

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Couple nights ago was in battle with a super tester who was sailing the FDR. Was a close battle till the end. I had already been destroyed and was floating around in “angel view” watching the rest of the match. The super tester pulled our bacon out of the fire and had the last kill which was his fifth and won the game. I looked at battle results at the end and noticed he didn’t get a Kraken. I messaged him after in pm and asked about it. He said test ships don’t get achievements. I upvoted him and told him he earned a Kraken.

Not arguing WG’s policy on that, just learned something new.

Huh...news to me also...but it kinda makes sense as the ship itself isn't technically "in game" yet ...

...even though you just saw it...

..."in game"...

Wait..Wut? ;-)

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,296 posts
14,500 battles
14 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Huh...news to me also...but it kinda makes sense as the ship itself isn't technically "in game" yet ...

...even though you just saw it...

..."in game"...

Wait..Wut? ;-)

I should retitle this thread. I am sure the players can get Krakens if it isn’t a test ship. I suppose the test ships could be a wee bit OP and not completed / finished as far as mechanics and capabilities. Hence why I’m not arguing the fact. Just thankful the ST pulled our bacon out of the fire. I +1’d him for his efforts.

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
21 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I should retitle this thread. I am sure the players can get Krakens if it isn’t a test ship. I suppose the test ships could be a wee bit OP and not completed / finished as far as mechanics and capabilities. Hence why I’m not arguing the fact. Just thankful the ST pulled our bacon out of the fire. I +1’d him for his efforts.

Yeah... it's just the test ships I heard but close enough on the title I think.

Of course it could be a situation where the test ship is underpowered & the achievement is really well earned & they still don't get it :-(

Nice you at least gave him a +1 to help make up for the "Kraken Denied" :-)

Sign in to follow this