Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Steel_Coffins

Azure Lane 3rd wave special flag disappointment

18 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
Members
38 posts
15,064 battles

So if you are a fan or Azure Lane and have already brought the 1st and 2nd wave stuff ships commanders tow things will disappoint you about this wave.

1. You cannot buy individual commanders its either all or roll the dice on a container and hope you get lucky.

2. The only way to get the special flag for Littorio and Sovetskaya Rossiya is through the Armada meaning you rebuy two ships you already brought. Thats about 100 bucks for 2 flags.

I hope I'm either wrong of wargaming fix this..

If you agree try try to bring it to their attention somehow. 

• Cool 5

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
652 posts
6,101 battles

Definitely putting the squeeze on AL players this time around.  Time to sit this one out.    Too bad.  I was going to get Littorio up until I found out she was a lazy reskin of Roma.  I at least have Montpelier from last round, though.

• Cool 1

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
373 posts
14,210 battles
1 hour ago, Steel_Coffins said:

So if you are a fan or Azure Lane and have already brought the 1st and 2nd wave stuff ships commanders tow things will disappoint you about this wave.

1. You cannot buy individual commanders its either all or roll the dice on a container and hope you get lucky.

2. The only way to get the special flag for Littorio and Sovetskaya Rossiya is through the Armada meaning you rebuy two ships you already brought. Thats about 100 bucks for 2 flags.

I hope I'm either wrong of wargaming fix this..

If you agree try try to bring it to their attention somehow. 

the whole event is sleezy and sketchy for watgaming . No uniqueness

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,441 posts
6,273 battles

i just want roon,the rest is a giant hit or miss.

[DST]
Members
54 posts

I bought the AL Rossiya and was surprised too that the flag WAS NOT included. Only the Armada bundle provides the flag for each ship.  It was my first time buying an event ship so I didn't read the fine print. Nevertheless, I am fine with the purchase but is less thrill now.

[WPORT]
Members
4,324 posts
9,311 battles
7 minutes ago, Ferrytap said:

I bought the AL Rossiya and was surprised too that the flag WAS NOT included. Only the Armada bundle provides the flag for each ship.  It was my first time buying an event ship so I didn't read the fine print. Nevertheless, I am fine with the purchase but is less thrill now.

@Blorgh2017 pointed out to me that the AL Littorio national flag (where an italian flag would normally fly) is where the Azur Lane Sardegna Empire flag went.

The "Exterior" menu for the ship doesn't show it.  But it is mounted on the Littorio.

I'm wondering if the Rossiya has an Azur Lane flag mounted where a national flag would normally be hoisted?

https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Nations

Here's a screen-shot.  Zoom-in to get a look at the Sadegena Empire flag and the Collector flag.

shot-20_07.25_21_47.43-0196.thumb.jpg.b2ffe3892f54f2e6d551d0073d8bf6f7.jpg

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[WOLF8]
Members
7,158 posts
6,102 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

@Blorgh2017 pointed out to me that the AL Littorio national flag (where an italian flag would normally fly) is where the Azur Lane Sardegna Empire flag went.

The "Exterior" menu for the ship doesn't show it.  But it is mounted on the Littorio.

I'm wondering if the Rossiya has an Azur Lane flag mounted where a national flag would normally be hoisted?

https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Nations

Here's a screen-shot.  Zoom-in to get a look at the Sadegena Empire flag and the Collector flag.

shot-20_07.25_21_47.43-0196.thumb.jpg.b2ffe3892f54f2e6d551d0073d8bf6f7.jpg

ALL ships in the game, whether it's tech tree, Premium, or whatever, comes with a built-in faction/nation flag by default. You can still see it even when you have no camo, no signals, and no flag mounted. It doesn't show up on the Exterior tab, because it's irremovable and unswappable... it comes built-in for every ship, like an identifier of sort.

That being said, some ships in the game, such as the Pan Asian ships, have an option to change the built-in flag to a more nation specific one. The default flag of the Pan Asian tree is NOT a nation flag, but created WG as an "umbrella term" kind of flag to include all ships under that tree, since the Pan Asian ships aren't all from one single nation. Therefore, if an user wants to, they can swap it between the default Pan Asian flag and the nation specific flag.

Here's an example, using my Anshan. First, the default Pan Asian flag:

Untitled03.thumb.png.43d088dd03b6509d298bdcba51ab9415.png

Then the Navy of Republic of China specific flag:

Untitled04.thumb.png.e55f410aeab0b7b6300b7e77d2b865c6.png

Another side note: sometimes, a special perma camo can even change the built-in flag. Here's an example, using my own Admiral Hipper-- first image is showing the default Iron Cross flag of Germany, while mounting no camo:

Untitled00.png.addfc4d387da165679ece457b8bf3011.png

And here's when I mount the Azur Lane collab Admiral Hipper camo, which changes it to the Azur Lane's Ironblood flag:

Untitled01.thumb.png.d010a6109e1686561f319b07770cdb13.png

And yes, that means I can technically have TWO Ironblood flags mounted on my Hipper... lol. :Smile_trollface:

Untitled05.thumb.png.26f4a57cf16e8af726273ca94520fc45.png

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,158 posts
6,102 battles
2 minutes ago, Miyanaga_Saki said:

Do the AL flag come with any bonus whatsoever?

Nope. None, zilch, nada... lol.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,324 posts
8,504 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Then the Navy of Republic of China specific flag:

Untitled04.thumb.png.e55f410aeab0b7b6300b7e77d2b865c6.png

This is the flag of the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN), the naval force of the People’s Republic of China (i.e. mainland China). The Republic of China is the formal name of the government of Taiwan, and is represented in game by Longjiang, Shenyang, Jianwei, Hsienyang, Yueyang, and Loyang, all of which can mount this flag:

Taiwan.png

1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

And yes, that means I can technically have TWO Ironblood flags mounted on my Hipper... lol. :Smile_trollface:

Untitled05.thumb.png.26f4a57cf16e8af726273ca94520fc45.png

If you’re going to do that, you might as well go all out and mount the AL Hipper flag as well. :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF8]
Members
7,158 posts
6,102 battles
14 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

This is the flag of the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN), the naval force of the People’s Republic of China (i.e. mainland China). The Republic of China is the formal name of the government of Taiwan, and is represented in game by Longjiang, Shenyang, Jianwei, Hsienyang, Yueyang, and Loyang, all of which can mount this flag:

Taiwan.png

If you’re going to do that, you might as well go all out and mount the AL Hipper flag as well. :Smile_trollface:

Oh oops, yeah, sorry, you're right. I forgot to add the word "People" in it, lol. :Smile_hiding:

And heck yeah, when the German collection comes and we get to mount TWO flags on German ships, you bet Imma do the Hippah flag + the Ironblood flag, instead of just the Hippah flag... lel. :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFC]
Members
1,324 posts
8,504 battles
8 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

And heck yeah, when the German collection comes and we get to mount TWO flags on German ships, you bet Imma do the Hippah flag + the Ironblood flag, instead of just the Hippah flag... lel. :Smile_trollface:

The ability to mount the extra flag and the alternate camo options are what I’m looking forward to most next patch - they’re both long overdue on German ships.

Although I am also looking forward to getting Weser (sadly, RNG has not blessed me so far in early access). You can never have too many Hippers (the hull), and I have an extra Hipper (the commander) waiting to command the ship for... reasons. :Smile_hiding:

[RVNHQ]
Members
178 posts

Waited over a year and they don't add the AL Hipper flag for those who missed it.

HipperFlag.png

[WOLF8]
Members
7,158 posts
6,102 battles
8 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Waited over a year and they don't add the AL Hipper flag for those who missed it.

HipperFlag.png

Da bestestest flag in da whole gaem, lol. :Smile_trollface:

My Hippah never stopped mounting it, ever since it first came out. Funny how WeeGee isn't offering the mission again.

Just by looking at it, you can hear her "HAAAAAAAAH??!" echoing from a distance... an image that you can hear, lel. :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this