Sign in to follow this  
Sabot_100

Bots don't use radar?

23 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,116 posts
15,302 battles

Finally come to the conclusion that the bots do not use their radar. They seem to use/misuse their other consumables (smoke, hydro, heals, spotters and fighters). I have never seen the message that a green bot is using its radar. Never been radared by the bots (but have been hydro'd). I was always in the habit of counting radars on the enemy team but finally realized it is pointless in Coop. Any idea if they use other consumables (MBRB, speed boost).  

[WOLF8]
Members
7,142 posts
6,097 battles

Actually, they sometimes do, but only on a rare occasion. I've been radar spotted through an island or a smoke, but it happens so rarely that it really does feel like they never use it.

Then again, it's not like they really need it. They already know where all ships are at all times... lol.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,765 posts
23,973 battles

They don’t need radar, because bot RPF is all radar, all the time.

[CVA16]
Members
5,116 posts
15,302 battles
28 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Actually, they sometimes do, but only on a rare occasion. I

Wonder what triggers it? Getting spotted triggers a lot of their wasted consumables. I wracked my brain and couldn't remember a green or red bot ever using it. 

Using radar would make them much tougher (assuming a decent trigger event like an enemy smoke screen within 10K). They do know where you are at all times but have some limits on their ability to act on that info. They USUALLY won't shoot you in smoke for example. Have had a few instances where the bot seems to have forgotten that little line of code for a salvo or two. Sometimes only a single turret volley.

Bot commander tells the bot gunners they can't shoot at the "hidden" target. Bot gunner says "OOPS,".

Edited by Sabot_100

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,043 posts
8,851 battles

Never have I once ever witnessed a bot use radar at any time before since the beta days.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts

I've seen them use hydro, that's a regular occurrence.

Don't think I've ever seen a bot use radar. 

[CO-OP]
Members
1,255 posts
23,445 battles

They don't need to they have ESP module #1 installed.

[CVA16]
Members
5,116 posts
15,302 battles
5 hours ago, Efros said:

They don't need to they have ESP module #1 installed.

As mentioned above, they always know where you are (super RPF), just have some limitations on what they can do with that knowledge. They only occasionally shoot you when they can't "see" you.

Psychic Torp dodging and  knowing what ammo you are loading are completely  different threads.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,869 posts
7,337 battles

I think I have been radared once.  And it was in open water at 5km by a Cleveland.  I was in a Jean Bart.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,255 posts
23,445 battles
5 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

As mentioned above, they always know where you are (super RPF), just have some limitations on what they can do with that knowledge. They only occasionally shoot you when they can't "see" you.

Psychic Torp dodging and  knowing what ammo you are loading are completely  different threads.

The "occasionally shoot you when they can't "see" you" bit  is becoming less occasional.

[WOLFD]
Members
421 posts
3,426 battles
6 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

As well as the turn rate and acceleration/deceleration that would make a Ferrari jealous. I swear a t5 bot BB can pivot faster than a t8 DD

[LSNB]
Members
1,499 posts
4,102 battles

Don't they use it at the start? I thought they use consumables as soon as they're available. Then again, DDs, tend to lay smoke when entering a cap...

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts
2 hours ago, Efros said:

The "occasionally shoot you when they can't "see" you" bit  is becoming less occasional.

And those shots often come in like a railgun salvo, screaming in almost perfectly flat and far faster than any shells in the game normally travel.

1 hour ago, destawaits said:

Don't they use it at the start? I thought they use consumables as soon as they're available. Then again, DDs, tend to lay smoke when entering a cap...

They tend to use smoke the instant they're spotted. 

I've seen this lead to an almost contiguous wall of smoke across a section of map, with most of the bots behind it.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
221 posts
20,499 battles

It didn't happen until there is proof otherwise..  Personally never seen it.  Hydro is already rare.  Fighter/spotter is used as soon as they are available.  Smoke is used as soon as being spotted.  

[CO-OP]
Members
1,255 posts
23,445 battles
10 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

And those shots often come in like a railgun salvo, screaming in almost perfectly flat and far faster than any shells in the game normally travel.

I wasn't actually referring to those shots but yes those shots too. I was referring to the being shot in smoke while unspotted by normal shells. Now a couple in flight while you go unspotted is expected but the time delay from going unspotted and still being hit over the last few weeks is being stretched to breaking point.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts
1 hour ago, Efros said:

I wasn't actually referring to those shots but yes those shots too. I was referring to the being shot in smoke while unspotted by normal shells. Now a couple in flight while you go unspotted is expected but the time delay from going unspotted and still being hit over the last few weeks is being stretched to breaking point.

I've noticed that a few times too... bots just keep firing at smoked ships, well after they're not visible, and doing so accurately.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,861 posts
42,941 battles

Bots definitely use hydro.

I've seen the messages when green bots use hydro.

I've seen the indicator when in smoke that I've been detected by hydro.

I've never seen any indicator that bots use radar.

I've never seen radar messages from green bots.

I've never seen the indicator when in smoke that I've been detected by radar.

[PVE]
Members
501 posts
9,726 battles
4 hours ago, Patton5150 said:

Bots definitely use hydro.

bot pops hydro, detects dd, still sails around the corner to catch a full load of torpedoes anyway ;)

[PVE]
Members
224 posts
7,160 battles

I've been radared twice in a DD, both times were at least a year ago. Hasn't happened since, figured WG was playing around with it and decided to leave it inactive.

18 hours ago, Efros said:

I was referring to the being shot in smoke while unspotted by normal shells. Now a couple in flight while you go unspotted is expected but the time delay from going unspotted and still being hit over the last few weeks is being stretched to breaking point.

Been playing the Z-35 quite a bit for current missions, noticed this happening several times myself. Since the bots actively target DDs in smoke but can't fire without line of sight, maybe some of them simply 'forget' they're not supposed to be able to see me in smoke...  :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,116 posts
15,302 battles
On 7/28/2020 at 8:56 AM, Ironshroud said:

I have seen them use hydro but very, very infrequently.

Probably because they pop it way too early (check when the "using-hydro" message comes up for green bots) so that by the time they are in range, it has expired. If the bots live long enough, it will recharge and you may see it late in a match too.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,043 posts
8,851 battles
12 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Probably because they pop it way too early (check when the "using-hydro" message comes up for green bots) so that by the time they are in range, it has expired. If the bots live long enough, it will recharge and you may see it late in a match too.

That isn't the case since the bots on your team don't pop off hydro at the start unlike fighter or spotter plane.

[COOP2]
Members
191 posts
6,407 battles

Whoops, I meant radar. Sorry my friends. However, it is still rather infrequent that I have seen bots use hydro as well as radar.

As for radar, I know I have seen an enemy bot use it, but maybe twice? Very infrequent. Why the programming has them launch catapult fighters immediately is beyond me.

Sign in to follow this