You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BaconMeLoveIt

Best Tier for Filthy Casuals Like Myself

16 comments in this topic

[SNGNS]
Members
345 posts
5,431 battles

mmhh, sweet spot for most is 8/9 but i would try around. it depends on what you like to do. maybe your a coop main, and thats ok too, maybe you like throwing yourself in operations or you have a competitive edge a mile wide and want to make tier 10 your home. just do what brings you fun.

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,686 posts
5,943 battles

I used to be a T6 guy but that was back in the onion belt days.

That used to be a sweet spot in the power creep curve but I think the curve has gone pretty much vertical all across the board at this point.  And CVs.  Also.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,094 posts
15,858 battles

Me and my partner play at Tier 4-5 nowadays tier 8-10 does your head in after constantly playing at the high tiers.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[REKTD]
Members
195 posts
8,818 battles

T5, the ships are all nice and learnable. You get uptiered to T7 but also still see T4s, and most ships can deal with the CVs. T6 for most ships was bland then T7 is also nice. T4 would have been glorious were it not for the multi-CV matches.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
996 posts
8,143 battles

6 is probably still my favorite but that is more based on the ships I enjoy than any other factor. The economics at tier 6 are low key as well, earning credits is never a concern.

• Cool 3

[-TRM-]
Members
56 posts
1,911 battles

I do T 6 with the leander in scenarios. It can do some good in coop.

However there is a T10 DD and a T9 Neptune for everything else. I don't play anything lower than 6 anyhow because that is where you either run into newbies who are in the way or very good players posing as newbies.

I don't own or run too many ships. I did get the odin finished early, sold it when I realized that its underpowered same with the mainz when it's armor does not survive one shot from say a Mass BB. So I cut down the ships to what I do best in.

I don't think being pidgeonholed as a casual or constant player has any meaning. The game mechanics require quite a bit of grinding and a casual can clear off quite a bit with a good VI in scenarios for the time they spend in it. The upper tiers does not always go well. You either have a team or you have individuals that create chaos and damage. Or somewhere in between.

One recent experience in the last 12 or so days has been what I call the land of Bismarcks when it is the one VIII ship played by pretty much everyone and their friends. You end up getting a Bismarck as well. The quality of the armor is pretty decent.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
4,577 posts
12,800 battles
15 minutes ago, BaconMeLoveIt said:

Which is best tier?

Tier-VIII?

Or Tier-VI?

Or Tier-IV?

Or any tier I want?

Any tier you want but..............................

Without a premium ships or tech tree ship with camo, flags & premium time the resupply cost of T8 & higher can be very difficult to cover, next to impossible in coops.

I prefer coops because it is less stressful. There is far more hostility in randoms.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
2,891 posts
15,673 battles

The sweet spot is divisions.  Then tier.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
13,778 posts
23,997 battles

Used to be five for me.

Bogue in Co-op for endless fun! (1-1-1 Strike Bogue.)

• Cool 1

[UNNAT]
Members
1,123 posts
5,885 battles

The one you enjoy best. You will find players of all sorts at any tier so just play what you like and don't worry.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,823 posts
16,146 battles

six or seven. Both are relatively forgiving with the MM and both have a great variety of fun ships to play. 

Tier 7 also pays the best for standard accounts.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,547 posts
4,943 battles
Just now, legozer said:

six or seven. Both are relatively forgiving with the MM and both have a great variety of fun ships to play. 

Tier 7 also pays the best for standard accounts.

VII has, in my opinion, the worst MM of any tier since WG changed the MM to limit +2 to 40% of matches.  Tier VIIIs are simply so much more capable than Tier VIIs due to the concealment module, plating increase and IFHE boost that all kick in at Tier VIII.  To my mind Tier VIII is as far above Tier VII as Tier X is above Tier VIII, but unlike Tier VIII facing Tier X which is now limited to no more than 40% of matches Tier VII can face Tier VIII potentially 100% of the time.  In addition Tier VIII being forced to not see Tier X 60% of the time and Tier VIII being a very popular tier there are a lot more Tier VIII and IX matches for Tier VIIs to be pulled into, making it more likely that Tier VII is midtier, facing those significantly more potent Tier VIIIs, a lot more often.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,837 posts
9,540 battles

VI-VIII Co op - lots of different ships & nobody whines

[-VT-]
Members
770 posts
23,929 battles

Six and Seven would be my suggestion for the fifthly casual player like yourself 

Members
13 posts
15,827 battles

V - VIII Great variety, dynamic gameplay, economics don't matter much at the lower end. I play VII - VIII mostly.

Cheers