Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Richthofen German Tier X Aircraft Carrier

12 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,328 posts
5,233 battles

I have heard this walrus of a carrier has been spotted in the wild. The claim I heard: "it attacked me with AP rockets and took 10k off the side!"

So are the planes the same as Graf Zeppelin? 

What else have people heard?

[TF16B]
Modder
613 posts
757 battles

It kills ships by the hundreds and if it were here it would consume the red team with fireballs from it's secondaries and bolts of lightning from its stern. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,400 posts
6,232 battles

i mean,the ap rockets are designed to get citadel pen from broadside ships,pretty dangerous ship if you are caught in the open,but it's hard to get a good shot with the ap rockets.

[XXX]
Members
423 posts
780 battles
6 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i mean,the ap rockets are designed to get citadel pen from broadside ships,pretty dangerous ship if you are caught in the open,but it's hard to get a good shot with the ap rockets.

Apparently several cruisers with either low slung citadels or turtleback citadel armour (aka ze Germans) are basically immune to citadel damage from the rockets but will take normal pens. The Alaska is, so I'm told, stupidly hard to citadel with AP rockets because her citadel is low sung.

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
6 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Actually if you are caught in the open you have plenty of room to maneuver bow/stern to them before the attack & mitigate most of the damage...if you are camping you are in trouble because they can line up the broadside pretty easy.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,400 posts
6,232 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually if you are caught in the open you have plenty of room to maneuver bow/stern to them before the attack & mitigate most of the damage...if you are camping you are in trouble because they can line up the broadside pretty easy.

yes,thats why it's hard to get a good shot,the aiming is small and the ship,if its not camping can maneuver.

3 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Apparently several cruisers with either low slung citadels or turtleback citadel armour (aka ze Germans) are basically immune to citadel damage from the rockets but will take normal pens. The Alaska is, so I'm told, stupidly hard to citadel with AP rockets because her citadel is low sung.

ap rockets are very limited compared to HE rockets,you are kinda forced to shoot at broadside and the ap is not that effective against dds.

meanwhile HE rockets can burn,you can hit at any angle besides broadside and it useful against dds.

[O7]
Members
1,464 posts
10,414 battles

ive seen 30k rocket damage on a wooster very balans

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,400 posts
6,232 battles
5 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

ive seen 30k rocket damage on a wooster very balans

well the ship is a giant floating citadel.

• Cool 1

[1SHF]
Members
22 posts
4,192 battles
23 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I have heard this walrus of a carrier has been spotted in the wild. The claim I heard: "it attacked me with AP rockets and took 10k off the side!"

So are the planes the same as Graf Zeppelin? 

What else have people heard?

For the Tier X if that includes lots of citadels i'd say that is pretty low and be kinda disappointed.  I've gotten 14k+ in single volley's (6 Citadel's) with the Parseval. I've also gotten 8k against a Salem with no citadels (10 pens, 2 overpens) in a single volley.

However like other posters have mentioned it does require co-operating targets. To get 6 citadels like I mentioned the target really can't change course. In the case of the Salem he was practically stationary, and I think I hit him a little high.

[5D]
Members
1,012 posts
12,912 battles

I've hit a few ship with the t8 for 15-20k per salvo , British CV are weak against ap rocket

[UNNAT]
Members
1,112 posts
5,878 battles

On a perfect shot it can wipe 30k in one go. That sounds terrifying until you realize that even a slight angle neuters AP rockets hard. Honestly AP rockets are implemented terribly. They have the potential on unicorn salvos to do way too much damage but simultaneously lack any sort of versatility or consistency against most targets. They should probably lower the ceiling and improve the pen/angles to raise their usability.

Edited by Tekina_

Sign in to follow this