You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Yandere_Roon

Supertest ship in the wild

12 comments in this topic

[XXX]
Members
423 posts
780 battles

image.thumb.png.6fb89d10e12de2c20b10bdf6c5d8e4fc.png

Arashi...seems like an interesting ship, the person in question couldn't tell us anything about her since he's under NDA apparently. Did a quick look at WoWs wiki has her listed as a 3x150mm Kagero with 10km torps

[KWF]
Members
4,168 posts
6,337 battles

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PJSD998&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=1111&pos=0

Fitting tool gives her with German 5km Hydro. My guess is the 150mm's will get the KMS treatment since they are German, so possibly built in IFHE as well.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,105 posts
6,092 battles
14 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

image.thumb.png.6fb89d10e12de2c20b10bdf6c5d8e4fc.png

Arashi...seems like an interesting ship, the person in question couldn't tell us anything about her since he's under NDA apparently. Did a quick look at WoWs wiki has her listed as a 3x150mm Kagero with 10km torps

If you ask me, she's what the "D-hull HSF Harekaze" would have been, if such hull existed in the game for the ship.

Anyone that watched the OVA version of the High School Fleet anime knows that at the very end, the cast gets a new Harekaze, mounted with 150mm guns. And Harekaze is pretty much a made-up sister ship of Kagero (for the anime show), so when Arashi was first mentioned in some ST announcement some while ago, that was the first thing that came to my mind.

I reckon that she might have similar quirks and issues as Z-39 for the Germans, since Z-39 is also using 150mm guns: punchy guns that're I'll suited for gun fights, due to a slow reload. She doesn't enjoy the Germans' special HE pen, but she makes up for it with superior concealment and torpedoes. That's my guess... lol. :Smile_hiding:

• Confused 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,717 posts
5,126 battles

I ran across this ship in back to back games.   Its a german CV cause it had AP rockets, don't know anything else about it. 

The captain playing it refused to talk about it.

shot-20.07.25_17.56.07-0881.jpg

Edited by Zenn3k

[XXX]
Members
423 posts
780 battles
17 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

If you ask me, she's what the "D-hull HSF Harekaze" would have been, if such hull existed in the game for the ship.

Anyone that watched the OVA version of the High School Fleet anime knows that at the very end, the cast gets a new Harekaze, mounted with 150mm guns. And Harekaze is pretty much a made-up sister ship of Kagero (for the anime show), so when Arashi was first mentioned in some ST announcement some while ago, that was the first thing that came to my mind.

I reckon that she might have similar quirks and issues as Z-39 for the Germans, since Z-39 is also using 150mm guns: punchy guns that're I'll suited for gun fights, due to a slow reload. She doesn't enjoy the Germans' special HE pen, but she makes up for it with superior concealment and torpedoes. That's my guess... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Well looking at the ship fitting tool she has a 5 second reload on her 150mm guns, she gets upgraded kagero torps, not the stock ones, which is interesting and a 13% fire chance. So I reckon she'll very much be like the Z-39, though she appears to have 1 less gun, making her a semi-punchy torp boat able to probably out punch other torp boats but any gunboat DD will eat her alive. She'll also be good for torp scouting/smoke scouting with the 5km German Hydro.

All in All certainly an odd duck of a ship.

Edited by Yandere_Roon

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,400 posts
6,232 battles

it's an upcoming premium tier6 german cv. if the ship is good,i plan on buying it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,657 posts
13,997 battles

Yeah, if it is a supertester playing a test ship they can't say much but CC's have more leeway on what they can say but many of them tend to be quiet on them too.

[O7]
Members
1,464 posts
10,414 battles

arashi is absolutely nothing to be excited for, wargaming will probably paste a weeb skin on it and slap a $60 price tag on it.

[UNNAT]
Members
1,112 posts
5,878 battles
33 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Well looking at the ship fitting tool she has a 5 second reload on her 150mm guns, she gets upgraded kagero torps, not the stock ones, which is interesting and a 13% fire chance. So I reckon she'll very much be like the Z-39, though she appears to have 1 less gun, making her a semi-punchy torp boat able to probably out punch other torp boats but any gunboat DD will eat her alive. She'll also be good for torp scouting/smoke scouting with the 5km German Hydro.

All in All certainly an odd duck of a ship.

I'm not so sure about that. Her HE DPM is actually lower than Kagero. She might be able to ambush broadside cruisers and give them a nasty AP surprise though, depending on pen. If nothing else it will be nice to have a mostly gimmick free T8 IJN premium DD that isn't locked behind a collab.

Edited by Tekina_

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,400 posts
6,232 battles
19 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

arashi is absolutely nothing to be excited for, wargaming will probably paste a weeb skin on it and slap a $60 price tag on it.

it looks like a worse version of SUPERIOR hsf harekaze.

[SPTR]
Members
27,094 posts
15,846 battles

Look, if you guys see a supertester sailing a ship that's a wip or hasn't officially being released to the live server don't expect them to say anything about the ship and rather expect them to reply something along the lines with "im under nda, you can go check it out in the wows wiki instead"