Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

The DownSide to the Cool Ships

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

553
[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts

People keep asking me, "Uncle Blasto, why you no play Imperator Nikolai no more?"

:Smile_sad:

Well, that because most games have 2 CVs per side and they make me Priority #1.

 

The Bayard is another one along with Atlanta. If you're still alive in any of these games at 10 minutes, you deserve  a crate.  

 

Yesterday some dude in a German CV singles out my Guilio Cesare with extreme tunnel vision. He just keeps attacking me over and over.  Everything he threw at me missed.

 

:cap_haloween:

 

Finally, I got sunk by some other ships and spent the remainder of the game taunting him. I normally don't do that but he  deserved it. Total psycho. Maybe Italian kids gave him atomic wedgies back in school?

 

 

  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[SNGNS]
Members
312 posts
5,414 battles
30 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

People keep asking me, "Uncle Blasto, why you no play Imperator Nikolai no more?"

:Smile_sad:

Well, that because most games have 2 CVs per side and they make me Priority #1.

 

The Bayard is another one along with Atlanta. If you're still alive in any of these games at 10 minutes, you deserve  a crate.  

 

Yesterday some dude in a German CV singles out my Guilio Cesare with extreme tunnel vision. He just keeps attacking me over and over.  Everything he threw at me missed.

 

:cap_haloween:

 

Finally, I got sunk by some other ships and spent the remainder of the game taunting him. I normally don't do that but he  deserved it. Total psycho. Maybe Italian kids gave him atomic wedgies back in school?

 

 

...if i see a guilio i will also shoot at it, you know why? its a pretty good ship and should be sunk soon... and that someone cant hit with the new cvs after their release is no suprise...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles

Huh...a forum troll that taunted somebody in battle...how is that not surprising?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts
34 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Huh...a forum troll that taunted somebody in battle...how is that not surprising?

Every forum has a small group of members who do little besides accuse others of being trolls. They appear to struggle  when it comes to discerning between trolling and a bit of humor sprinkled into a post.

I'm confident that you are not one of these tiresome types. So maybe you can take a moment to try your best to explain what' you think is trollish about my post?  You see I made a serious point about those highly desirable ships and flavored it with a smidgen of humor. (I like humor, so shoot me.)

Take your time.

:Smile_popcorn:

 

PS  I just had another game in my new Bayard where the lone enemy CV was trying real hard to sink me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
833
[WOLF6]
Members
1,682 posts
5,243 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Huh...a forum troll that taunted somebody in battle...how is that not surprising?

Yes but the Blasto is a funny troll. Nothing wrong with funny trolls.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[SNGNS]
Members
312 posts
5,414 battles

this entirely depends on how you taunted him, if you called him an idiot and other demeaning stuff then your the [edited]... if you called him the son of a woman smelling like elderberries and a hamster then its funny...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,258 battles

I'm surprised the Thought Police haven't shut this thread down. I thought calling & even implying someone is a Troll is against the rules.

 I got sanctioned for that but I suppose there's bias or favourtism going on here, some kind of hypocrisy anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts
10 minutes ago, Antean said:

I'm surprised the Thought Police haven't shut this thread down. I thought calling & even implying someone is a Troll is against the rules.

 I got sanctioned for that but I suppose there's bias or favourtism going on here, some kind of hypocrisy anyway.

No need to punish everyone by nuking the thread.  Just punish the culprit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,258 battles
1 minute ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

No need to punish everyone by nuking the thread.  Just punish the culprit.

 I won't be a Weasel, Blasto, unlike some. I wasn't nuking anything - I was just adding my 2 (or3) cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,258 battles

As to cool ships - like the Imperator Nickolai I, etc - I random what I play. Do I like what WF has done with T1 - T4+  randoms by adding Bots? No.

It is my opinion that this change is just another fail idea by some nut cases in WoWS management.

In fact, it is easier now to rack up kills & awards  by adding  Kindergarten co-op Bots to random play.

Kill the bots fast, then go after the real players & there won't usually be much the T4 CVs can do about a loss (so long as you have the advantage in #s of ships left).

This simple tactic ensures this whole idea of Bots in Random Battles is another WG Failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Every forum has a small group of members who do little besides accuse others of being trolls. They appear to struggle  when it comes to discerning between trolling and a bit of humor sprinkled into a post.

I'm confident that you are not one of these tiresome types. So maybe you can take a moment to try your best to explain what' you think is trollish about my post?  You see I made a serious point about those highly desirable ships and flavored it with a smidgen of humor. (I like humor, so shoot me.)

Take your time.

:Smile_popcorn:

 

PS  I just had another game in my new Bayard where the lone enemy CV was trying real hard to sink me.

It was a general statement applied to a person w/a known history (which is why it's got + notifications because the present thread isn't needed for the context to be understood...by most anybody on the forums despite your long absence).

The relevance to this thread is your admittance of trolling players in the game also...& I bet just as many would understand the general forum reference as disbelieve your line about not normally doing that in game.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

Yes but the Blasto is a funny troll. Nothing wrong with funny trolls.

Not always...quite frequently he was extremely rude & invalidating...although he has seemed to have gotten better since his absence.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

It was a general statement applied to a person w/a known history (which is why it's got + notifications because the present thread isn't needed for the context to be understood...by most anybody on the forums despite your long absence).

The relevance to this thread is your admittance of trolling players in the game also...& I bet just as many would understand the general forum reference as disbelieve your line about not normally doing that in game.

I cannot help but conclude that you don't understand what trolling is. You use it as a blanket insult to throw at anyone who displeases you. I have tried to help you understand that humor is an entirely different thing with a different goal.  

I also never trolled the cv player but I did do my best to distract him from his job.  

I'll be happy to pick this tiresome conversation up if you can ever show that you finally understand the definition of the word trolling and that it has a very specific meaning.

Have a nice day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts
1 hour ago, Antean said:

 I won't be a Weasel, Blasto, unlike some. I wasn't nuking anything - I was just adding my 2 (or3) cents.

Thanks. I never thought of you as a weasel or anything negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
13 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I also never trolled the cv player but "I did do my best to distract him from his job".

LOL...nice (sorry...nice is not difinitive enough... let's see...what would be a more direct & to the point term here??? Oh yeah... that's it...) PERFECT example of in game trolling.

Someday you will understand the use of in game chat. Humourous taunting if you are still alive might be acceptable but thinking that is an acceptable use of chat to harass a player that didn't kill you after you are dead in the game is the #1 prime example of an in game troll (especially as by your explanation the CV player probably got a lot of spotting damage off of you in the process).

2 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

Yes but the Blasto is a funny troll. Nothing wrong with funny trolls.

But you are right...Blasto is funny. Clueless...but funny.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts

Let's summarize and conclude.

1. You are angry over something that happened in 2016 which may or may not have involved me. That was 5 years ago.

2. I have no idea who you are or what your problem is. 

3. Maybe it's time you moved on?

Recall Doestoyevski's Underground Man who spends his life ruminating over the past like.  What was the famous opening line? Something like "I am an angry man. I am a sick man. I am as quick to take offense as a hunchback."

PS If you can't handle the ingame banter and ribbing, WOWS may not be for you.  I love it. We have a lot of funny people playing the game.

Have a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts

For your own mental health, learn:

1. to recognize humor.

2. to drop things that allegedly occurred (or didn't) years ago.

3. to move on.

4. that doing what you are doing makes you the troll.

 

:Smile_great:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×