Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nomiside

Enterprise in Ranked or CB

12 comments in this topic

[GLF]
Members
10 posts
14,171 battles

The Enterprise is really overpowered compared to any other CVs out there. The superfast aircraft restoration and large flight size makes it impossible for your team to whittle the attacks down. I have many games where our team has shot down 100+ planes and the Enterprise still sends out full squadrons of all 3 types of squads. 

The fighter consumable on the planes are also extremely overpowered with 10 planes and bigger patrol pattern. Getting hit by one of these makes it so you lose you entire squadron to them because of the stupid 1 fighter = 1 plane shot down mechanic.

Since I don't have the Enterprise I cannot play CV this Ranked season. Anyone CV player not queuing with the Enterprise is cause their own team to be at HUGE disadvantage!

Nomiside

• Boring 2

[POP]
Members
925 posts
8,419 battles
1 hour ago, Nomiside said:

The Enterprise is really overpowered compared to any other CVs out there. The superfast aircraft restoration and large flight size makes it impossible for your team to whittle the attacks down. I have many games where our team has shot down 100+ planes and the Enterprise still sends out full squadrons of all 3 types of squads. 

The fighter consumable on the planes are also extremely overpowered with 10 planes and bigger patrol pattern. Getting hit by one of these makes it so you lose you entire squadron to them because of the stupid 1 fighter = 1 plane shot down mechanic.

Since I don't have the Enterprise I cannot play CV this Ranked season. Anyone CV player not queuing with the Enterprise is cause their own team to be at HUGE disadvantage!

Nomiside

The Big E definitely has her advantages, that's why she is no longer available.  Those advantages are not quite big enough to eclipse all other T8 CV though.  A good Shokaku, Kaga, Graf Z or Lexington captain can beat the Big E if they know what they are doing.  In fact the only two CV I would not recommend would be indomitable and Saipan but I bet there are some who will rank out in them as well.  

The same complaint could also be made about other ships in the game too.  If you don't have a Massachusetts and choose to bring a N Carolina, you are at a disadvantage, Kagero vs Kidd etc.  In the end bring the ship you play the best because the advantages from ship to ship dwindle pretty fast when you consider you are more effective is one that is not considered "the best".

Edited by HallaSnackbar
  • Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,839 posts
12,488 battles
9 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

The Big E definitely has her advantages, that's why she is no longer available.  Those advantages are not quite big enough to eclipse all other T8 CV though.  A good Shokaku, Kaga, Graf Z or Lexington captain can beat the Big E if they know what they are doing.  In fact the only two CV I would not recommend would be indomitable and Saipan but I bet there are some who will rank out in them as well.  

The same complaint could also be made about other ships in the game too.  If you don't have a Massachusetts and choose to bring a N Carolina, you are at a disadvantage, Kagero vs Kidd etc.  In the end bring the ship you play the best because the advantages from ship to ship dwindle pretty fast when you consider you are more effective is one that is not considered "the best".

I'm not sure Saipan is actually that bad for ranked, her number one problem can't happen in ranked (being bottom tier) and her tough, tier 10 planes should be fine with the limited regen and squad size. Then again, Lexington is still a better option.

Indomitable and Implacable however, probably should stay home.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
925 posts
8,419 battles
10 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I'm not sure Saipan is actually that bad for ranked, her number one problem can't happen in ranked (being bottom tier) and her tough, tier 10 planes should be fine with the limited regen and squad size. Then again, Lexington is still a better option.

Indomitable and Implacable however, probably should stay home.

I have Saipan, she has been my fav T8 CV but her effectiveness against DD's is limited compared to the rest and yes her T10 planes are strong but a single flak cloud from an unseen Kidd can delete nearly and entire squadron that will take 1/2 the game to replace.  She was very strong post 8.0 but the subsequent nerfs to USN CV ordinance and changing to sequential AA has made her rather challenging to play.  Honestly I think she is the closest thing to a "balanced" CV at T8 but it's hard to play balanced when so many others are just broken.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Nomiside said:

...full squadrons ofall 3 types of squads. 

That's the key right there...if you stick to 1 type you will run out of that type in short order...if you constantly toggle through them all each type stays stocked at all times.

[POP]
Members
925 posts
8,419 battles
8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That's the key right there...if you stick to 1 type you will run out of that type in short order...if you constantly toggle through them all each type stays stocked at all times.

Maybe they should nerf regen rates across the board but add a buff to regen based on using the other 2 types (or 1 if you are indomitable).  This would limit the ability of CV's to pester a single ship and encourage them to spread the love. 

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,839 posts
12,488 battles
30 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I have Saipan, she has been my fav T8 CV but her effectiveness against DD's is limited compared to the rest and yes her T10 planes are strong but a single flak cloud from an unseen Kidd can delete nearly and entire squadron that will take 1/2 the game to replace.  She was very strong post 8.0 but the subsequent nerfs to USN CV ordinance and changing to sequential AA has made her rather challenging to play.  Honestly I think she is the closest thing to a "balanced" CV at T8 but it's hard to play balanced when so many others are just broken.

I have one too, she's far from my favorite CV, but I haven't found her to be that bad, being stuck with Tiny Tims over HVAR's does limit her utility. The rest of her air wing is fairly solid, and she does have a 4 torp drop with a short arming distance, which is handy around islands. She's going to be doing the usual pre-dropping a squad early in the match to prolong her reserves like any other CV, but she doesn't earn herself a place in the special "You Fool, What Have You Done!!" box like Indomitable and Implacable. Saipan is still in the realm of "Bring what you're best in" even though most good CV players will have a ship they're probably better in.

29 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Maybe they should nerf regen rates across the board but add a buff to regen based on using the other 2 types (or 1 if you are indomitable).  This would limit the ability of CV's to pester a single ship and encourage them to spread the love. 

CV's are already like that, You launch a squadron of "X" if you don't pre-drop, you'll either be waiting on aircraft to return for your second squadron, or you just grab a different aircraft type. If you do pre-drop, you'll be doing that after you've finished with the second squadron. You'll be forced to go, Torp-DB-Torp-DB or Torp-Torp-DB, until the cows come home. Enterprise has a very good regen, but if she's mixing up her 3 kinds of aircraft, managing her resources isn't difficult. Seeing any CV be able to launch full squadrons of planes late game just meant that the CV player managed their resources properly. Players expectations that all CV's should be scraping the barrel before the match is over is unrealistic, a good CV player won't be, a bad one will be, and new players have to learn somehow. Most of the Enterprise's have been around a while now, so there's no new players with her, and the players that actually have her are at least experienced, if not actually good.  

The only exceptions are Indomitable and Kaga, both of which have abnormal reserves, Kaga, can launch torps for days until she actually runs out (at which point she's done), and Indomitable can oddly enough, do the same with her bombers, as she has a very low attrition rate on her aircraft, and if she runs low, she can mix in some rockets for a bit, then go back to spamming bombers.

[TBB]
Members
375 posts
3,514 battles

Lex is best. I'll take HE bombs over AP with the Massachusetts popularity all day.

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
886 posts
On 7/25/2020 at 7:22 PM, Merc_R_Us said:

Lex is best. I'll take HE bombs over AP with the Massachusetts popularity all day.

Had someone in CB get mad at me tonight because he wanted to focus-fire on a Massachusetts early in the match and wanted me to rush-in with my Saipan.  ...Yeah, that will be a “Negative”...  #SuicideRun

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,181 posts
5,940 battles
On 7/25/2020 at 6:22 PM, Merc_R_Us said:

This is the correct answer.    Managing to make Kaga work as well..   But Mass with its very good torp protection does require a bit more work.   But due to large number of planes you can still work through the strong AA, and so far DDs are not present much more than 1/2 per game.   I had considered trying indomitable due to Mass.... she hammers them.  It just takes way too long to do anything with that CV.  Ranked games get away from you fast if you can't make some pretty decent impact.      

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester
194 posts
4,210 battles

Took the AVP German CV into ranked.

She did ok IMHO. The AP Rocket planes are nice late game against cruisers and the AP bombs do well too.

Torp planes are fairly useless except for buying time to reload as there is usually just one DD (if that) and the torps dont do squat for damage.

Sign in to follow this