Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mozoilla02

Thunderer or Kuznetsov

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

16
[NGUNS]
Members
17 posts
2,359 battles

Im torn between which one to get since I am about to have enough coal for both. I know thunderer is op with the he spam and the camo will help me earn a lot of creds, but as someone who mains Kremlin, I want to know if kuznetsov is that good. Advice?

 

Edit: I took thunderer she was well worth it, time to burn the world hehe. Yes, yes I will use ap on broadsides leave me alone I want to burn some GK's.

Edited by mozoilla02
Bruh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,808
[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles

Tough choice as both are great picks.  Kuznetsov will undoubtedly make your Kremlin that much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,417
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,573 posts
17,913 battles

If you're considering Thunderer as a HE spammer you're completely misunderstanding Thunderer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[NGUNS]
Members
17 posts
2,359 battles
Just now, Lert said:

If you're considering Thunderer as a HE spammer you're completely misunderstanding Thunderer.

63% fire chance. Also watching a div mate playing it, also getting spammed by it while in Gk. I do understand that thunderer as great ap to, but the HE is filthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,747
[TBW]
Members
9,963 posts
16,768 battles

I have Thunderer and would choose that first, but if Marceau is the only choice when I have enough coal I will then get Kuznetsov. I personally think that the Commanders are over priced.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,417
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,573 posts
17,913 battles
Just now, mozoilla02 said:

63% fire chance. Also watching a div mate playing it, also getting spammed by it while in Gk. I do understand that thunderer as great ap to, but the HE is filthy.

And if you play her as a HE spammer, you completely misplay her and fail to get out of her what she can offer. Don't need Thunderer for long range HE spam. Even with her 63% fire chance, which you seem to think is all that and nothing else matters, Conqueror with her 50% more volume of fire is a better HE spammer.

But, sure, you saw her played once, so I'm sure you know all about what she can do. Keep believing what you want.

  • Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
252
[KENT]
Supertester
1,780 posts
5,478 battles

Thunderers gives you one playstyle, Kuznetsov gives you many if you got premiums and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
946 posts

Just got the Thunderer ..she's not what you think she is m8 .She's very good " that's an understatement" with her AP. The guys are right, do not use her as an HE spammer . That's not how you want to play her at all. She is special for sure .

Heck if you are gonna have enough coal for both get the ship then the Capt. It's not like you won't earn any more coal m8.

Your choice GL & GH.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[-AF-]
Beta Testers
506 posts
7,187 battles

I would go with a ship over a commander every time.  Ships give you mission flexibility.  Commanders just make your existing ship a little better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,010
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,658 posts
11,110 battles

Don't just sling HE in the Thunderer. Use your AP; I had a match where I did 150k damage; 17k of that was fires, 50k was HE damage and the rest was AP damage. The Thunderer has very good AP shells and you are wasting the ship if you fire only HE. The Thunderer is one of the BBs that gets a lot of mileage out of Expert Loader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[ISGC]
Members
121 posts
15,771 battles

i dont have the commander, and I feel its overpriced, but I do have the thunderer. I'm not very good at the game, and my current dmg avg is 104,088 over 62 battles.

 

i must admit too tho i havent messed much w/ the AP. Getting witherer tho is pretty common in the thunderer in good games. I also get at least 8-10 fires w/o really trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
30 minutes ago, UnOrthoDocks said:

I also get at least 8-10 fires w/o really trying.

Everytime you hit the LMB w/HE loaded you are trying to get fires...even if you are not aware of it :-)

1 hour ago, mozoilla02 said:

Im torn between which one to get since I am about to have enough coal for both. I know thunderer is op with the he spam and the camo will help me earn a lot of creds, but as someone who mains Kremlin, I want to know if kuznetsov is that good. Advice?

I'd suggest the commander 1st if you already run the Kremlin...unless you already have a good commander that is built up for it. But remember you're still gonna need to build the commander up unless you already have the extra ECXP/doubs to do that & the ship will need a commander too if you get it so check the resources you have & see which will be easiest to farm the resources for the other the quickest.

But if you're unsure just wait to get the extra coal for both because a better option than either of them might come along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
165
[BB35]
Members
272 posts

Get the ship first, you don't know when they'll remove it.

I think captains will remain for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[TAMA]
Members
6 posts
3,925 battles

If you love playing Russia bb, kuznetsov is your best choice.

Thunder more like a better conqueor, but it's actually an AP ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[NGUNS]
Members
17 posts
2,359 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

And if you play her as a HE spammer, you completely misplay her and fail to get out of her what she can offer. Don't need Thunderer for long range HE spam. Even with her 63% fire chance, which you seem to think is all that and nothing else matters, Conqueror with her 50% more volume of fire is a better HE spammer.

But, sure, you saw her played once, so I'm sure you know all about what she can do. Keep believing what you want.

so then how do you get everything she can offer? as in what are you saying is the best way to play her?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[NGUNS]
Members
17 posts
2,359 battles
4 hours ago, Altwar said:

I would go with a ship over a commander every time.  Ships give you mission flexibility.  Commanders just make your existing ship a little better.

ya that is one reason I want it, to help with any missions that have to do with fires and fire damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×