You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Something CV related I noticed in Ranked.

8 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
4,169 posts
6,337 battles

Dunno if anyone else encounters this, but I already had two battles where after one of the teams gets a 1-2 kill advantage, the CV just stops attacking and moving, giving up and pretty much handing a win. I'm just wondering whether others have witnessed similar events or I'm just extremely lucky/unlucky. It's kinda sad since they could potentially save a star, but they don't even bother with that.

[RKLES]
Members
12,439 posts
14,145 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Dunno if anyone else encounters this, but I already had two battles where after one of the teams gets a 1-2 kill advantage, the CV just stops attacking and moving, giving up and pretty much handing a win. I'm just wondering whether others have witnessed similar events or I'm just extremely lucky/unlucky. It's kinda sad since they could potentially save a star, but they don't even bother with that.

It might be that the CVs burn though planes early on in the time it takes for those couple ships to perish the CV could be out of planes and trying to regenerate it’s squadrons. Would depend on the CV type though as Kaga for example is really difficult to have totally run out of having full squadrons of aircraft of its well upgraded and cycling between squadron types.

Which CVs did you encounter that stopped attacking as that could give a clue as to whether or not the players gave up or were simply too low on aircraft?

And while it may seem foolish to lose so many planes so quickly, players in Ranked I would say would be more prone to carry better AA as the CVs are expected. Also the teams more often travel in a group compared to Randoms which helps AA even more.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,148 posts
18,362 battles

Given the high quality of the CV UI in this game, it's possible they crashed. But they also could have ragequit. In the end, no real way to tell unless you see them in pink the next battle.

• Funny 1

[KWF]
Members
4,169 posts
6,337 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

It might be that the CVs burn though planes early on in the time it takes for those couple ships to perish the CV could be out of planes and trying to regenerate it’s squadrons. Would depend on the CV type though as Kaga for example is really difficult to have totally run out of having full squadrons of aircraft of its well upgraded and cycling between squadron types.

Which CVs did you encounter that stopped attacking as that could give a clue as to whether or not the players gave up or were simply too low on aircraft?

And while it may seem foolish to lose so many planes so quickly, players in Ranked I would say would be more prone to carry better AA as the CVs are expected. Also the teams more often travel in a group compared to Randoms which helps AA even more.

Shokakus in both cases. The battle wasn't decided yet though so it struck me as pretty odd. Even being a meatshield for your allies could have it's uses.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,627 posts
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Shokakus in both cases. The battle wasn't decided yet though so it struck me as pretty odd. Even being a meatshield for your allies could have it's uses.

Hmm... maybe Kaga players who preferred to give the Sho's dive bomber a spin... then forget that unlike Kaga, you can run out of planes on Sho... that's my best thought on the subject. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,439 posts
14,145 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Yeah and Shokaku is really good CV which is why it won the right to be my only tier 8 CV I moved up to post Reworked CVs. I occasionally use CVs now if I feel the need to and really got serious about starting them up again after some gameplay in Subs mode which Shokaku was able to most accurately hit a submerged sub with AP Bombs thanks to the way it will dive so close to the water. Plus the Rockets once you get used to them end up with nice narrow target circle for release and the toe does are certainly adequate. ( Figured at the time of subs mode that I better have a usable back up team support / anti subs platform in case DDs became unusable.)

Granted not the highest HP for planes they are certainly not the lowest either. Still would wonder about losing their planes though in Ranked as with some targets and the AP bomb damage nerfs the torpedoes and rockets are the most favorable things to use, although you can still use AP bombers in a pinch ungainly unfavorable targets, just would mean less damage.

So if both battles had Shokaku the next step to proving if they are giving up would be to look at what enemy ship types were. Like if enemy had 3 Massachusetts, some of the more favorable AA cruisers, and then some AA DDs like USN or IJN Akizuki you could bet on severe aircraft losses if a CV relentlessly attacked early on. However if the enemy ships were all or mostly of the weaker AA varieties then the CVs could be looking more suspicious in terms of their actions.

[RLGN]
Members
13,728 posts
23,949 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah and Shokaku is really good CV which is why it won the right to be my only tier 8 CV I moved up to post Reworked CVs.

Which is meaningless if you can’t dodge AA.

What good are the IJN long range torps without an suggested aim guide, or moronic targets too stupid to change course or speed a little if they see IJN torpies approaching.

I also completely despise the IJN carrier attack profile, and the stupidity of a two torp drop. In that respect, Hakuryu is one of the worst carriers in the game. Too many planes in a flight dropping too few torpedoes per run. They’re pretty much never all used.