You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Laser_Beam

Another Azur lane post

16 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
184 battles

So I spent the 2500 dubs to see what was available.... and I got a Shokaku cap (10 points).  Pretty sweet.

I have no interest in CV play, but its nice to know if I ever get to tier 8 in the IJN line I have a cap waiting for the boat (if/when the Shokaku gets unlocked).

Very Glad it wasn't the Jean Bart captain.  I would have been screwed. I would have lost a reserve spot and would have to pay more to retain a captain to something useful.

WG, I appreciate the gesture, but how's about if you're going to add captains, at least have their respective ship available in the tech tree or in the shop.

• Cool 1

[SEALZ]
Members
840 posts
7,931 battles
8 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

So I spent the 2500 dubs to see what was available.... and I got a Shokaku cap (10 points).  Pretty sweet.

I have no interest in CV play, but its nice to know if I ever get to tier 8 in the IJN line I have a cap waiting for the boat (if/when the Shokaku gets unlocked).

Very Glad it wasn't the Jean Bart captain.  I would have been screwed. I would have lost a reserve spot and would have to pay more to retain a captain to something useful.

WG, I appreciate the gesture, but how's about if you're going to add captains, at least have their respective ship available in the tech tree or in the shop.

Here Here. But then again WG said they’d listen last time and yet here we are.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,732 posts

I have been playing since beta.  I have never purchased reserve captain spots. I have never once needed a reserve captain spot and not had it.  I have a whole mess of captains in my reserve and currently have spots for 59 more captains

There isn't really such a thing as having a captain and not their ship.  They are not specialized for just one ship, you can retrain them to use any ship you want.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,813 posts
777 battles

I agree. I was dreading getting a captain I wouldn't have cause to use, but lucked out by getting Roon.

[NSEW]
Members
1,749 posts
10,379 battles

I don't know whether this is your second account or have been reset.  However, at the beginning.  The port slots, and Captain slots (free) are very limited.  As you progress, you'll soon realise that such slots will not be an issue.  Especially, if you're taking the opportunities to grab the event rewards on the way.  As well as dismissing captains that you'll not need at the moment (they are very affordable to start with anyway).

Participate, grind, have fun.  Rewards will come soon or later during the process.

Welcome to World of Warships!

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,066 posts
25,283 battles
1 hour ago, Laser_Beam said:

Funny And I Dismiss all my cartoon captains a hole flock of them Bye bye 

• Cool 1

Members
23 posts
184 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

I have been playing since beta.  I have never purchased reserve captain spots. I have never once needed a reserve captain spot and not had it.  I have a whole mess of captains in my reserve and currently have spots for 59 more captains

There isn't really such a thing as having a captain and not their ship.  They are not specialized for just one ship, you can retrain them to use any ship you want.

I don't really want to re-train a captain I paid 2500g for.  I don't really want to pay any gold for any captain to be honest.  

Yes - you are correct thou.  

[A-D-F]
6,732 posts
3 hours ago, Laser_Beam said:

I don't really want to re-train a captain I paid 2500g for.  I don't really want to pay any gold for any captain to be honest.  

Yes - you are correct thou.  

Don't pay anything to retrain captains.  I have paid only a few times when I was in a hurry, since 2015. 

You put them in a premium ship and retrain them for free, or just put them in the ship you want them in and retrain them for the free, the long way.  You can also use Elite Captain XP after you get a 19 point captain.

Captains are designed to go in a line ship and stay with that ship, but the are not designed to be specific to a specific ship and only that ship.  They are designed to be put in any ship you want.

[ARGSY]
6,810 posts
25,748 battles

Cannot complain. Got that good looking Jean Bart girly from my free container. Now she only need to learn French.

AN46fdj.jpg

• Haha 1

Members
23 posts
184 battles
2 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Cannot complain. Got that good looking Jean Bart girly from my free container. Now she only need to learn French.

Lol - I never complained how they look....

:Smile_great:

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
86 posts
964 battles
8 hours ago, Laser_Beam said:

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, you don't have to use the AL captain for the ship she is modeled as. In fact, the Yat Sen isn't even in WOWS. You can use these AL captains for any ship in her nationality. Of course, she does have to go through retrain penalties for tech tree ships like any other captain. 

That said, I really wished that the non-premium AL containers at least have some chance of dropping an AL captain. Instead they drop collectibles and we need 36 of them just to unlock Azuma as a captain...oh well at least they're free. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,142 posts
6,097 battles
3 hours ago, Roken1 said:

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, you don't have to use the AL captain for the ship she is modeled as. In fact, the Yat Sen isn't even in WOWS. You can use these AL captains for any ship in her nationality. Of course, she does have to go through retrain penalties for tech tree ships like any other captain. 

That said, I really wished that the non-premium AL containers at least have some chance of dropping an AL captain. Instead they drop collectibles and we need 36 of them just to unlock Azuma as a captain...oh well at least they're free. 

Could the choice of the collab captains mean that an actual Yat Sen ship to be announced for WoWs in the future? Maybe?? I hope so, because Yat Sen really was an odd choice for the collab captain. I personally think that the Azur Lane's Anshan might have been a better choice, because WoWs already has Anshan.

The collection items can be acquired from the standard daily containers, provided that you toggle on the switch to enable it at the collection tab. Getting Azuma is easy peasy, lol.

Members
23 posts
184 battles
On 7/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Roken1 said:

Yeah Bro I get that.

Do you get the idea that paying 2500g is alot of gold, and then people like you think it's a good idea the spend more g  (or silver (or free) and suffer a penality) to make the captain usable?!?!

Sounds like a rip to me

Edited by Laser_Beam

[XXX]
Members
439 posts
801 battles

Eh with the right flags, since they're 10 point captains, it's like 3-4 matches if you do even semi-decently to have them retrained for 200 silver...which I can make back in 1 game in my Warspite with a premium account and probably a little bit more.

The other option is to put them in Premium ships, premium ships will accept any captain, no matter the specification and they will act as if they're fully trained.

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
86 posts
964 battles
2 hours ago, Laser_Beam said:

Yeah Bro I get that.

Do you get the idea that paying 2500g is alot of gold, and then people like you think it's a good idea the spend more g  (or silver (or free) and suffer a penality) to make the captain usable?!?!

Sounds like a rip to me

I pretty much always retrain using credits but never doubloons. I don't really have that many premium ships with free retrains so I don't usually move the captains around unless it is strategic. That said, it is likely that WG knows more AL crossovers are coming, so they're definitely holding back a lot of captains. Releasing them without cashing in would be a silly business ideal, but that won't please the fan base of either community. Hence we are fanboys and not CEOs. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts

Ideally, they'd take out the RNG and let people just pick which captain they want. 

But with the whole "you can get the same captain 20 times" thing, they're clearly trying a "collectible cards" marketing model and going in the opposite direction of what they should do.