Hapa_Fodder

Announcement: a Historical Marathon with Gifts for Players

18 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,815 posts
13,283 battles

Look for bonus codes in the Naval Legends episodes next week to receive gifts!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[YIKEZ]
Members
1 post
4,215 battles

If I were to subscribe to this. Do I select the DAY that I want to subscribe, or just subscribe in general?

• Cool 1

Members
4,246 posts
9,269 battles

I am already subscribed to the World of Warships youtube channel.

Looking forward to the new content and the marathon.

[MR-1]
Members
886 posts
17,143 battles

so will these codes be valid for all that day or just a few hours  like the twitch and youtube ones . some of us work all day and miss out on the codes because they only work for a few hours 

[PVE]
Members
3,945 posts
16,811 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Look for bonus codes in the Naval Legends episodes next week to receive gifts!
Read it on the portal

It's the subscribing concept that doesn't work......  Many of us can't or don't "subscribe" to any electronic medium because they are a real threat to identity.  Love to but, one game is it: and even that, is being monitored and threat assessed all of the time !      Part of the job unfortunately.........  Too many thieves these days.

• Confused 2

[RANGR]
Members
243 posts
3,450 battles

Nobody needs to subscribe to receive codes or get rewards, i do not have my wows account linked with YouTube and I've perfectly got all the other codes from last time, its just a thing you could do to support the game/channel.

[KILLU]
Members
22 posts
571 battles

Your rewards system is broken all to hell so why bother with any of your do this get this rewards stuff?

I've been awarded free slots twice within the last two months and never received either of them, contacted support sorry nothing we can do.

Been awarded 24 hours of premium time, never received.

I'm not too concerned about the rewards, just concerned that their rewards system is broken as hell and they won't do anything about it.

Yet they just managed to afford to donate $400,000 towards the restoration of the U.S.S. Texas which is a great cause but should have been done as a community fundraising event with them matching donations dollar for dollar and they could have donated a bonus amount but instead decided to just do it themselves so they could take credit and post "their good deed" in a news article instead of doing something in the spirit of the community like it should have been done.

Just remember this if you ever need to try and process a refund of any kind, they can afford to drop $400,000 but won't refund anything to a scammed per... paying customer.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

It's the subscribing concept that doesn't work......  Many of us can't or don't "subscribe" to any electronic medium because they are a real threat to identity.  Love to but, one game is it: and even that, is being monitored and threat assessed all of the time !      Part of the job unfortunately.........  Too many thieves these days.

Yeah I understand this completely.

I carefully fire-walled off the computer I use WOWs on so that it does not have any interaction with anything personal of mine. Uses separate password for the game, and the email address created for WOWs was created exclusively for WOWs. So I protected myself from many different angles of cyber attack.

Anything personal I have dedicated secured hardware and channels I send that through that never interacts with online gaming as security precaution. Also limit or avoid social media platforms, like Facebook has been complaining Apple devices are blocking their ads costing Facebook a lot of money from ad data. I am thinking good for Apple and glad I don’t use Facebook as you know they are being denied access to collecting personal info and that they want that info. Although if I got into using some social media platforms I would once again see to it they could only be accessed in secured manner with all security precautions taken up to my high standards. But considering some professions you can lose your job because of Social media accounts if somebody you had nothing to do with does something with you tagged in it. I would say it’s better to simply stay safe.

• Cool 1

[WHEE]
Members
61 posts
1,942 battles

Georgios Averof in game pls. 

Give the Greeks some love, WG!

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
4,121 posts
11,717 battles
7 hours ago, 010_010 said:

>snip<

Yet they just managed to afford to donate $400,000 towards the restoration of the U.S.S. Texas which is a great cause but should have been done as a community fundraising event with them matching donations dollar for dollar and they could have donated a bonus amount but instead decided to just do it themselves so they could take credit and post "their good deed" in a news article instead of doing something in the spirit of the community like it should have been done.

Just remember this if you ever need to try and process a refund of any kind, they can afford to drop $400,000 but won't refund anything to a scammed per... paying customer.

Well, they provided items for sale to encourage donations and gave the proceeds from the sales to the Foundation.

"Or go for an individual VALOR flag. Whichever item you choose, we’ll donate 100% of proceeds, every single cent, with no other overhead deducted from their sales to the Battleship Texas Foundation. "

In addition, you could play battles to increase the donation amount.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/dont-mess-with-uss/

As far as the event this thread announces, the Memorial Marathon went well and I enjoyed it.  I have never had issues with receiving things, so that is unusual to hear it happening.  Possibly you could pm @Hapa_Fodder and he might be able to look into it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/history/memorial-marathon/

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[KIDOB]
[KIDOB]
Members
53 posts
20,568 battles
On 7/25/2020 at 4:17 PM, Asym_KS said:

Many of us can't or don't "subscribe" to any electronic medium because they are a real threat to identity. 

...and that is why I post here my concerns. To keep a low profile. 

lol

007, be careful.

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
On 7/25/2020 at 9:02 AM, Wingslinger said:

So, we all need to unsubscribe first, right?

Well...it says "new" subscribers...but if you unsubscribe before it starts you will be a new subscriber when you resubscribe so...

I'm not sure :-o

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
On 7/25/2020 at 6:17 AM, dfisherjr said:

If I were to subscribe to this. Do I select the DAY that I want to subscribe, or just subscribe in general?

---> In general. If you do it on the 1st day it will be active indefinitely unless you unsubscribe later.<---CANCEL THAT!!!

Select the day (WEDNESDAY) if there is a reward (2 SUPERCONTAINERS turned into 4 SUPERCONTAINERS) you would prefer to get doubled over any of the others.

It's new subscribers each day...so if everybody subscribes on the 1st day it will not count for any other days.

For that matter...the article tells you to subscribe "right away"...it's only Sunday & the event starts Monday so odds are the new subscriptions won't apply until tomorrow & any made tonight will not count towards the 1000 needed for tomorrow.

@Hapa_Foddercan you clarify this? Has anybody that has subscribed in the last 17 hours since this article dropped wasted the subscription as far as it going towards doubling the rewards?

On 7/25/2020 at 8:17 AM, Asym_KS said:

You don't need to subscribe to get the gifts though...just look for the codes & enter them.

If they get the extra subscribers they will double the gifts.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[B-Z]
Members
3 posts
6,729 battles

It's almost 11pm on the 27th July. Did someone forget to set their calendar?

[JCMNR]
Members
3 posts
10,029 battles

Each of these days are 24 hrs. long. It would be helpful to know what time this will be shown.

[OGF]
Members
880 posts
29,861 battles

Still not sure if I should unsubscribe first.

Edited by Wingslinger
Wrong forum topic.