You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Krocts

Premium battleship indications

50 comments in this topic

[WICKD]
Members
34 posts
342 battles

Hi,

i'm looking to buy a new premium ship, i only have Boise;

My will is a battleship T VII or VIII, one that is playable and also useful for training captain. I was thinking about something JPN, US or German. 

I'm wanting to learn new things, so any style of play

Which do you indicate?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,410 posts
6,246 battles

jpn?i really don't know,their premium bbs are a big hit or miss to a lot of people.

the US have massachusets and alabama,mass is a brawler,alabama is a mid to long range fighter.

the germans have tirpitz and odin,can't talk much about odin because i don't have him.

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,517 posts
4,120 battles

Id go with Massachusetts. 

• Cool 1

[LLF]
Beta Testers
543 posts

Here is the link to @LittleWhiteMouse premium Battleship reviews I recommend you look at these as they are very informative. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,573 posts
17,913 battles

At your experience and skill level I would strongly recommend staying out of tier 8. And tier 7 for that matter. Take your time at tiers 4 and 5 and learn the game, learn the mechanics, learn the roles. All you'll accomplish by buying into high tier games as a new player before you've got the basics down is subjecting yourself to unfamiliar mechanics and cut-throat players with a lot more experience than you, driving very powerful ships. You'll be in battles where the smallest mistakes will send you back to port, and in the end, you'll just end up frustrated.

• Cool 13

[LLF]
Beta Testers
543 posts
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

At your experience and skill level I would strongly recommend staying out of tier 8. And tier 7 for that matter. Take your time at tiers 4 and 5 and learn the game, learn the mechanics, learn the roles. All you'll accomplish by buying into high tier games as a new player before you've got the basics down is subjecting yourself to unfamiliar mechanics and cut-throat players with a lot more experience than you, driving very powerful ships. You'll be in battles where the smallest mistakes will send you back to port, and in the end, you'll just end up frustrated.

This is very true. The wise cat of the forums has spoken.

Members
4,251 posts
9,269 battles
1 hour ago, Krocts said:

Hi,

My will is a battleship T VII or VIII, one that is playable and also useful for training captain. I was thinking about something JPN, US or German. 

Which do you indicate?

I like using Scharnhorst in Tier-7 Scenario Operations.

Tier-8 ships do not have access to Scenario Operations, and are instead in Co-op, Ranked, and Random mode match-making for Tier-8/9/10 battles.

Tier-6 ships have access to Co-op, Random and Scenario Operations mode of battles.
Tier-6 ships offer the most opportunity for fun games, in my opinion.
I enjoy Mutsu, and Ark Royal at this tier.  

Other ships have features that you might enjoy.

Enjoy your shopping experience.  :-)

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
686 posts
31,509 battles
29 minutes ago, Lert said:

Again, this.

Listen to this.

Don’t be in a hurry and spend money to play a higher tier.

[WICKD]
Members
34 posts
342 battles

I want to thank everyone for the tips and I will read the topics of @LittleWhiteMouse, it's a lot of information :fish_book:

I thought about buying a t7 or t8 thinking about the future,
is it worth buying a t6? if yes, I'll get one

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,573 posts
17,913 battles
3 minutes ago, Krocts said:

T6 has some excellent ships. Arizona and Warspite are downright respected and rightfully beloved. West Virginia and Mutsu offer 16" overmatch at tier 6, which holds a lot of authority. Dunkerque offers a unique playstyle, T-61 is considered a fine destroyer and De Grasse is a good allround light cruiser. Graf Spee offer near battleship levels of firepower on a cruiser hull and AnShan is a decent, reliable though not spectacular destroyer. Plenty of great ships at T6.

• Cool 3

[BBICT]
Members
3,735 posts
3,876 battles
6 minutes ago, Krocts said:

I want to thank everyone for the tips and I will read the topics of @LittleWhiteMouse, it's a lot of information :fish_book:

Well, worth buying is in the eye of the beholder. Do you see yourself playing it a lot even after you have gone past it on the Trees? I play my Dunkerque a TON, but I like her for some strange reason.

Tier 6s are always up for Missions, so if you like that gameplay then sure.

Lert ninja'ed me about the Tier 6s, but I'll add that sadly,  there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to buy the lower tier Premiums. :Smile_sad:

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,156 posts
6,842 battles
12 minutes ago, Krocts said:

Listen to Lert and LWM, best advice you will get on here. Frankly Im kinda shocked at the politeness in this thread lol.

In the future, I'd recommend Tirpitz. I bought it when it first came out, still use it and its still fun. Drive it like you stole it  :) Brawler BB's are always fun and you wont have to listen to ppl complaining about you hiding in the back.

I'd stick to T6 for now however, T10 ships are downright nasty to fight against in a tirpitz. You can do well in those matches but it takes patience and a bit of caution.

Members
581 posts
7,112 battles

Mass best Tier 8 Randoms BB- not even close. Terp decent but guns too RNG. Mass VERY Easy to play. Don't worry about these people telling you to play Tier 6 lol. That Tier sucks for BB's. With Mass you get in the action and brawl. LOL how hard is that? Watch a few YT replays and you will know how to play it. Some of these "elitists" up here are too funny. They probably are co-op players. 

Edited by Steeler_Nation_USA
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 5

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,188 posts
5,947 battles

Warspite Is an excellent learning BB.  And as good as any at T6.  Highly recommended. Scharnhorst is also a very fun ship, however.. maybe a big jump in tiers at this time for you.  Enjoy your choice!!

[4HIM]
Members
2,960 posts
11,600 battles

I'd also recommend T6 for a premium.  As others have said, you can play Operations (Scenario Battles) in T6.  That is a PvE mode but gives decent earnings as well as the potential to earn a 10 point captain.  And playing those will teach you about the gunnery and handling of that ship.  Plus it helps in building up credits and Captain XP that you'll need a lot of as time goes by.  

[A-O]
Members
914 posts
9,615 battles
2 hours ago, Krocts said:

Hi,

Which do you indicate?

Scharnhorst ! If you play operations she does well in Narai too.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,040 posts
18,152 battles
52 minutes ago, Krocts said:

absolutely yes to tie 6

there are a lot of good captain trainers almost in every nation

[EQRN]
Members
1,932 posts
16,193 battles

I’d consider T6 as well which will allow Operations to train or re-train if/when you get bored of Randoms.  There is one T7 Scenario, but that means waiting for it to come into rotation and it seems to be out for maintenance quite a bit, lately.

Members
4,251 posts
9,269 battles
2 hours ago, Krocts said:

2 hours ago, Lert said:

T6 has some excellent ships. Arizona and Warspite are downright respected and rightfully beloved. West Virginia and Mutsu offer 16" overmatch at tier 6, which holds a lot of authority. Dunkerque offers a unique playstyle, T-61 is considered a fine destroyer and De Grasse is a good allround light cruiser. Graf Spee offer near battleship levels of firepower on a cruiser hull and AnShan is a decent, reliable though not spectacular destroyer. Plenty of great ships at T6.

I think Tier-6 is a "sweet spot" for premium ships.

Several battle modes available and a good mix of ship types available.  It is a good combination of earnings potential for credits and XP.  

I have several low-tier premium ships.  But they're for fun, because i still enjoy low-tier game-play.

So many of the event-of-the-month and daily mission directives involve requirements for Tier-5 through Tier-10 ships.  Tier-6 ships fulfill the requirements and aren't too expensive with service costs.  And as premium ships, they earn more than their tech-tree counterparts.  A player gets to have fun, gain personal knowledge of how to play ships and increased earnings potential.  It is a win-win situation.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,573 posts
17,913 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think Tier-6 is a "sweet spot" for premium ships.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

• Cool 1

[BSL]
Members
1,171 posts
20,236 battles

Nonsense, get a Tirpitz and go fight in T10 for a year like I did.  Then learn how to play.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[A-I-M]
Members
2,724 posts
20,915 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

De Grasse is overlooked; I suppose it is because it does everything well, but nothing spectacularly. 

[PHD]
Members
1,311 posts
5,765 battles

You could just play what you have, gain aiming experience and see what a Santa Crate drops this Christmas.  I got an Ashitaka and it's not bad. As long as you keep some distance from ships with guns.:Smile_hiding:

[SUCIT]
Members
1,090 posts
17,870 battles
5 hours ago, Krocts said:

Arizona is pretty good if you can work around 21knts
Warspite has always been among the best T6 ships you could ever get, which is impressive as she is almost as old as the game and still a great buy
WV'41 and Mutsu really only have 16in guns and in Mutsu's case, meme worthy torpedoes, but everything else about them isn't great
Dunkquere generally hasn't been the greatest, very squishy, easily spotted, trolly guns with great pen, but quick with a forgiving gun position (all foward)

I'll even move down a tier to T5, because October Revolution is at that tier and is both a very good ship and she is very good at teaching important lessons about playing BBs:
      She has a limited number of dam cons, so mismanagement of damage control means you could have none left when you actually need it
      She has a very impressive armor scheme and resists HE spam well, but poor citadel protection, so angling gives her near immunity to AP shells but giving broadside gets her deleted quickly
      She isn't that fast, so she will struggle to reposition on larger maps
      However, despite her appearance, she is actually pretty stealthy (probably because look-outs get an eye-soar looking at her) so she can disengage and reappear where the enemy doesn't expect her
      The best part about her though, is that she can be acquired for free. She costs about 45k coal in the armory, which if you're a fairly active player can take about 1.5-2months to get if you can average 20k coal a month