Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Won't push teams -Scratchin' my head what do you do?

6 comments in this topic

[PIMPS]
Members
1,243 posts

I thought WG was going in the right direction by bringing in brawler ships like the Kremlin. With them saying they were looking nurturing more close in games.  I took a break for 3-4 months and started playing again. They put into play more ships that pretty well can shoot from when they are in cue. They seem to encourage this camping meta play style they actually feed it.

Have not seen any real team play at all in randoms and watching a team grab one cap then sit back and lose while they camp is just not good game play. Rare to see anyone supporting dd's, rare to see BB's actually moving from the back line.

I was salty after the Puerto Rico Fiasco and coming back I see the game play is so not engaging except for intellectually challenged peeps who want to plink from the back.

It just a hot mess with this patch.

I still think you need to reduce all firing ranges to 20k max. When you go over 20k on a cruiser its just silly.-same with battle ships.  That would make for better play.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[OIL-1]
Members
916 posts

What's the first rule of organized sports? Let's say it together children..
The team is not there to support you. You are there to support the team.
(This changes at the pro level, but very few people make it that far.)

26 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

I still think you need to reduce all firing ranges to 20k max. When you go over 20k on a cruiser its just silly.-same with battle ships.  That would make for better play.

The current meta is long range. You know, like ships.
To do what you ask would require redesigning the entire game. Shorten torpedo ranges, make DDs stealthier, etc.
Same game, just in a smaller box.
Unless of course, what you're really after is to tailor the game to give yourself an unfair advantage.
That wouldn't work either, because the players would stop playing the broken classes and play the one you like.
Another option would be, you could try aiming.

• Meh 1

[TBW]
Members
9,957 posts
16,768 battles

If it's Ranked go for the save a star option. If it's Randoms just go for first place and practice for Ranked. If it's Co op you just got focused and now you can go to the next battle. If it's operations, you stand to make a lot of credits and various XP's, unless the Operation is Newport and then everyone just loses.

Members
66 posts
5,135 battles

I'll never understand why some players blame WG for things that are obviously the players fault. I mean, WG has introduced more than enough ways to play at closer ranges. If players chose not to play that way, then that is their fault.

1. Both British CAs and Italian cruisers are mid range ships. Russian CAs (and even the new CLs) have long range, but are most damaging at mid range.

2. Russian BBs are mid to close range forts, US premium brawlers are mid range monsters, the upcoming US BB split look to be mid range BBs.

3. Subs, although not in the main game yet, are short range ships.

4. CVs might be long range ships, but their ability to strike at other long range ships makes sitting in the back not nearly as safe.

5. Almost the entire DD class, with the exception of a few torp boats, are all short to mid range.

There are plenty of ships that can be used for mid to short range engagements.

[INTEL]
Members
12,484 posts
34,658 battles

At the high tiers, pushing is usually suicide. By T9 offensive power has started to outstrip defensive, and by T10 even a large ship like Yammy can disappear in a minute. Krem is sometimes rather an exception, with its utterly broken armor scheme, but for the most part pushing is suicide. 

The devs may have introduced lots of mid-range ships, but unfortunately they also stupidly chose to flood the game with CVs, meaning that it is difficult for ships to push in and position properly without getting spotted, and once spotted, going dark is impossible. This means that in games with CVs players tend to spend more time sniping from range since they are constantly spotted and pushing occurs much later in the match, if at all. 

Every player is aware, at least dimly, that the first side to lose a couple of ships has probably lost the match. Therefore players often struggle not to be that yammerhead. This curbs pushing. 

Unfortunately not pushing is a rational choice given how stupid pushing often is.

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this