You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Learux

CV's in ranked

42 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
650 posts

Hello, it is me again.

Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to put a CV in ranked.

The type does not work in a 12 v 12 match, now we are dealing it on a 7 v7 bases???

A ship that spots like no other, does damage like no other and is on the map where  ever it is needed.

Take into account the skill level difference between the CV players.

Is WG intentionally grieving here?

Edited by Learux
  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 1

Members
15 posts
3 minutes ago, Learux said:

Hello, it is me again.

The type does not work in a 12 v 12 match, now we are dealing it on a 7 v7 bases???

A ship that spots like no other, does damage like no other and is on the map where  ever it is needed.

Git gud. If CVs are that great and easy to win with then choose to play one.

Edited by Interwebz_Grand_Champion
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,829 posts
777 battles
8 minutes ago, Learux said:

Replace CV with every and any other ship class...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[O7]
Supertester
96 posts
12,088 battles
8 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

Replace CV with every and any other ship class...

The skill difference matters much more between CVs and DDs as they have a bigger impact on the game. I would much rather have a bad BB or cruiser than a bad CV or DD. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,686 posts
14,007 battles
19 minutes ago, Learux said:

Hello, it is me again.

I will admit the are good at spotting but except for ships that are visible from space they cannot keep low detection ships like DD's and many cruisers spotted without taking AA damage. Play them as see.

[OIL-1]
Members
968 posts

You're really gonna hate it when I get started. I need to level a Lexington, and I'm not a good CV player.

[RKLES]
Members
650 posts

Bring it on I am doing just fine in my DD. 

It still was a horrible idea.

• Meh 1

[SOV]
Members
4,466 posts
1 hour ago, Learux said:

Hello, it is me again.

If it's so easy then play a CV and you will rank out with 100 percent win rate.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,733 posts
12,540 battles

“Learux” is translated “Bore me out of my ever-lovin’ mind with the same tripe again,” in seventeen languages and 143 dialects.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 2

[AZUR1]
Members
7 posts
3,630 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I will admit the are good at spotting but except for ships that are visible from space they cannot keep low detection ships like DD's and many cruisers spotted without taking AA damage. Play them as see.

Hello, I am sure you have more experience than me but I have not found that to be the case.  Seems like with 7 on 7 there isnt much wiggle room as a DD.  Sooner or later you have to at least try to cap, and with the smaller map sizes your approaches are limited.  

CV just drop squadrons to minimize losses at first, then place a fighter after they see you.  Even in a low detection area DD you simply cannot outrun them.  Quick smoke has been helping but severely limits any other utility.  As far as AA losses I have yet to see a CV not drop a target he/she wants and those squadrons are coming off the deck nonstop all the way until the end.  I have been winning more than losing  but my contribution as a DD is significantly less than I would like. 

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,686 posts
5,943 battles
7 minutes ago, dat_wocky said:

I have been winning more than losing  but my contribution as a DD is significantly less than I would like. 

You probably mistook this game for a half way decent surface warfare simulator.  Turns out it's a really awful flight simulator on rails with surface ships playing the role of targets.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,686 posts
14,007 battles
8 minutes ago, dat_wocky said:

Hello, I am sure you have more experience than me but I have not found that to be the case.  Seems like with 7 on 7 there isnt much wiggle room as a DD.  Sooner or later you have to at least try to cap, and with the smaller map sizes your approaches are limited.  

CV just drop squadrons to minimize losses at first, then place a fighter after they see you.  Even in a low detection area DD you simply cannot outrun them.  Quick smoke has been helping but severely limits any other utility.  As far as AA losses I have yet to see a CV not drop a target he/she wants and those squadrons are coming off the deck nonstop all the way until the end.  I have been winning more than losing  but my contribution as a DD is significantly less than I would like. 

My experience with randoms is that DD's are spotted by other ships if they are not careful. Try hanging back until you see where the CV is going to operate initially, then do DD things but keep a sharp eye out for them to move their operations.

[PVE]
Members
5,227 posts
22,432 battles
29 minutes ago, Learux said:

Can't reason with the uninformed.

:Smile_amazed: I guess I'm 1 of the uninformed because I can't tell if:

2 hours ago, Learux said:

Hello, it is me again.

CVs are a problem...or if:

1 hour ago, Learux said:

Bring it on I am doing just fine in my DD. 

It still was a horrible idea.

CVs are not a problem...

If you're doing fine shouldn't you be riding that win streak instead of taking a break to...to...to...

What are we doing here?:Smile_amazed:

[IDFK]
Members
91 posts
2,769 battles
25 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

My experience with randoms is that DD's are spotted by other ships if they are not careful. Try hanging back until you see where the CV is going to operate initially, then do DD things but keep a sharp eye out for them to move their operations.

Bruh, planes outspeed Destroyers by a factor of 4 to 5.  You aren't out maneuvering them.

Edited by ASoberRussian
  • Cool 2

Members
1,299 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

If it's so easy then play a CV and you will rank out with 100 percent win rate.

When did OP claim to be amazing at CV? He clearly mentioned the skill difference between the CV players a main issue. CVs in matches with many players are already bad enough. When you throw them in against 6 surface ship, it's aids.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MR-1]
Members
892 posts
17,172 battles

not as easy as ppl think to play a CV and DD players always [edited] about CVs . remember its not the CVs that are just trying to get you but its mostly all the other ships once you get spotted by aircraft that get you . And if DD players turned of there AA  ( P )  then they wouldnt attract so much attention .

other thing to remember its a harder grind in a CV  for example  its about 225,000exps  give or take to get a normal T10 ship but takes 330,000 exps to get a CV T10 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
650 posts
55 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

:Smile_amazed: I guess I'm 1 of the uninformed because I can't tell if:

CVs are a problem...or if:

CVs are not a problem...

If you're doing fine shouldn't you be riding that win streak instead of taking a break to...to...to...

What are we doing here?:Smile_amazed:

You need to learn to differentiate.

[RKLES]
Members
650 posts
4 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Dude, buy a ship with good AA...

Im sure WG sells a solution to your balans problem...

I would like a refund on my Le Terrible.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,686 posts
14,007 battles
56 minutes ago, ASoberRussian said:

Bruh, planes outspeed Destroyers by a factor of 4 to 5.  You aren't out maneuvering them.

Actually you do out maneuver them but you have to time those turns and with AA off almost all DD's are a blind attack once you are dealing with tier 6 CV's but with the AA bloom that is coming not using it may be the smart move for many DD's

[IDFK]
Members
91 posts
2,769 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually you do out maneuver them but you have to time those turns and with AA off almost all DD's are a blind attack once you are dealing with tier 6 CV's but with the AA bloom that is coming not using it may be the smart move for many DD's

If you don't play objectives, never fire guns nor tops, and immediately bank 90 degrees to the side at game start you may never get caught by a CV.  If planes are in the area, any indication of a DD will draw their attention and requires smoking up to avoid.  Planes get to enemy spawn too quickly so without moving out to the extreme flanks someone's getting lit up 60 seconds into the game.

Don't get me wrong, there's ways to play around carriers.  It's just that doing so is effectively anathema to the general DD role.  That and generally it results in waiting until the carrier finds someone else to bully which feels as if... a solution for sure but not a cure, if that makes sense.  It works but doesn't address the underlying issue.

Oh as for the blind attack, that's not an issue.  Fly over and turn before starting to attack.  Not like the DD will be able to damage your planes.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,686 posts
14,007 battles
1 minute ago, ASoberRussian said:

If you don't play objectives, never fire guns nor tops, and immediately bank 90 degrees to the side at game start you may never get caught by a CV.  If planes are in the area, any indication of a DD will draw their attention and requires smoking up to avoid.  Planes get to enemy spawn too quickly so without moving out to the extreme flanks someone's getting lit up 60 seconds into the game.

Don't get me wrong, there's ways to play around carriers.  It's just that doing so is effectively anathema to the general DD role.  That and generally it results in waiting until the carrier finds someone else to bully which feels as if... a solution for sure but not a cure, if that makes sense.  It works but doesn't address the underlying issue.

Oh as for the blind attack, that's not an issue.  Fly over and turn before starting to attack.  Not like the DD will be able to damage your planes.

All true but when CV's are in the game the traditional roles are secondary and staying alive until later is job one.

[IDFK]
Members
91 posts
2,769 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

All true but when CV's are in the game the traditional roles are secondary and staying alive until later is job one.

Yeah, but how is that not literally toxic to the game.  Hate the word, but it's kinda applicable here.  When playing a destroyer I don't think there's a more helpless feeling than being spotted for 5 minutes and finally sunk by rocket planes.  Except maybe rounding a corner and finding a Kraut, smoke and hydro at the ready.

I would like to say, the intial thread topic was about how powerful CVs are in a 7v7 format.  A single ship requiring an entire team play differently due to it normally in 12v12s I think proves the point.