Sign in to follow this  
IOWADragon

Replays once again.

14 comments in this topic

[FUSA]
Members
249 posts
8,430 battles

This might be a Windows issue, but even so it's WoW's and hopefully fixable. Replays won't open.

Screenshot (159).png

Screenshot (163).png

Screenshot (164).png

Screenshot (165).png

Edited by IOWADragon
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,734 posts
3,936 battles

Yeah replays aren't going to ever open with IE. 

Open with WOWS.exe

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,851 posts
22,679 battles
41 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah replays aren't going to ever open with IE. 

Open with WOWS.exe

^^^

This.

Also be sure WoWS itself isn't running when trying to view your replays.

Members
4,083 posts
10,165 battles

Add another vote for ‘open with the WoWS exe.’ You may need to have the WGC open before it will load the replay via the exe now that the WGC is required, but I’m not 100% sure about that. 

[FUSA]
Members
249 posts
8,430 battles

That file is missing. At least unable to find it.

Screenshot (178).png

Screenshot (176).png

[FUSA]
Members
249 posts
8,430 battles

That's true, it's not like I have a lot of good battles but having replays is nice, and supposed to be a feature. So they should frigging work.  This day and age who the fk they kidding.

2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

But worse, every update means the old replays are useless....

Members
3,341 posts
6,723 battles

Just take the latest WOWs Replay file and drag it on to to the WorldofWarships.EXE application.  None of your replays are associated soclicking on a replay file won't work. so try the drag and drop method.  To be entirely sure play one battle and drag and drop that file as I mentioned above. When updates get applied they orphan your replay so they don't run.  You do not need GAME center running to run a replay. Just exit the whole game for the replay to play. You don't even need an internet connection as the replay is a script file to direct the .EXE program

Edited by dionkraft

[FUSA]
Members
249 posts
8,430 battles
10 hours ago, dionkraft said:

Just take the latest WOWs Replay file and drag it on to to the WorldofWarships.EXE application.  None of your replays are associated soclicking on a replay file won't work. so try the drag and drop method.  To be entirely sure play one battle and drag and drop that file as I mentioned above. When updates get applied they orphan your replay so they don't run.  You do not need GAME center running to run a replay. Just exit the whole game for the replay to play. You don't even need an internet connection as the replay is a script file to direct the .EXE program

The WoWa EXE file was not to be found. Was not showing in the file path.  Either support has no answer or they're ignoring the issue. It' seems.

Currently re installing the client.

It may be a Windows problem.  But need support to see what they say.

Members
3,341 posts
6,723 battles
On 7/28/2020 at 8:03 AM, IOWADragon said:

That file is missing. At least unable to find it.

Screenshot (178).png

Screenshot (176).png

The WorldofWarships.exe file (2250kb) is at the very bottom of this listing you uploaded.   THATS the one you drop into with your replay file. 

[USMIL]
Members
1 post
1,347 battles

What the previous guy said.  Open your WoWs folder in two different windows.  Drag the replay over to that WorldOfWarships.exe you see in the bottom of that WoWs folder pic you posted. It will run the replay, I just did it for the first time ever last night around the time you posted this

[FUSA]
Members
249 posts
8,430 battles

It's not letting me.  Why the heck they won't copy WoT's method is beyond me.

I'll try to up load to the replay site as a test next.  

But this is ridiculous in 2020.  Can't imagine this generation thinking they can control AI with programming experts that can't let a person open a simple file without drama. 

[FUSA]
Members
249 posts
8,430 battles
On 7/30/2020 at 1:24 PM, Hylebos said:

What the previous guy said.  Open your WoWs folder in two different windows.  Drag the replay over to that WorldOfWarships.exe you see in the bottom of that WoWs folder pic you posted. It will run the replay, I just did it for the first time ever last night around the time you posted this

The file path I had to take with this Win 10 crap boogies description.  But I found a way to drag a file to the right place. And files upload to WoWS Replays.  Good luck opening a download.

SHOULD I have a battle worth sharing.

Edited by IOWADragon
  • Confused 1

Sign in to follow this