Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Yandere_Roon

CVs grind my gears when I'm playing a DD...

11 comments in this topic

[XXX]
Members
479 posts
824 battles

...but not in the way you might think.

Ok so several times I've had a really good torp lineup on someone in my Shira, just launched them, they're distracted, not paying attention so looks like they're going to hit flush and wipe them out...

CV proceeds to attack the same target with torp bombers...they make immediate course correction and I maybe, if I'm lucky, peg the target with 1 torp...

CV players, please, for the love of all that's holy, if you see your friendly DD has torps on target and can dev strike them...don't attack them...please...unless you can directly finish them off with the damage your about to do, fine...if not, all your doing is keeping a distracted ship alive.

Rant over.

Edited by Yandere_Roon
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

[KAPPA]
Members
3,036 posts
7,803 battles

Yeah, I learned not to do that 500 CV games ago. Though I will do it if the torps are gonna miss. I've managed to force a dev strike once or twice in recent months. Felt nice. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[L_O_L]
Members
161 posts
6,588 battles
44 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

...but not in the way you might think.

Ok so several times I've had a really good torp lineup on someone in my Shira, just launched them, they're distracted, not paying attention so looks like they're going to hit flush and wipe them out...

CV proceeds to attack the same target with torp bombers...they make immediate course correction and I maybe, if I'm lucky, peg the target with 1 torp...

CV players, please, for the love of all that's holy, if you see your friendly DD has torps on target and can dev strike them...don't attack them...please...unless you can directly finish them off with the damage your about to do, fine...if not, all your doing is keeping a distracted ship alive.

Rant over.

It is aggravating for sure.

Members
270 posts
525 battles

In this situation, I drop the torps behind the ship and force them to stay on that course to avoid eating my torpedoes. Then they spot the DD's torps and the captain issues a Brown Alert.

This also works if you have another friendly CV.

[XXX]
Members
479 posts
824 battles
5 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Yeah, I learned not to do that 500 CV games ago. Though I will do it if the torps are gonna miss. I've managed to force a dev strike once or twice in recent months. Felt nice. :cap_haloween:

See if it's clear my torps are sailing off and going to miss, go for it. Hell if you can finish off the target before my torps hit, go for it. I've even had a CV herd a BB INTO torps that were going to miss (cue the "That's [censored] team work!") but it seems a lot of CV players don't look at the situation on the ground (I mean what's new).

[RLGN]
Members
13,794 posts
24,010 battles
5 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

...but it seems a lot of CV players don't look at the situation on the ground (I mean what's new).

That’s EXACTLY what I would do between strikes in RTS, and the lack of ability to do in the way you could in RTS is part of the reason I hate the (redacted) rework.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,712 posts
5,288 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Sames.

If the DD torps are going to miss I'll try to force a turn broadside where they'll hit.

Works the same way with KM CVs. Cruisers turn like crazy to avoid AP rockets and end up eating BB AP.

Edited by Sumseaman

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,730 posts

Generally - and I say generally - I will seek another target once torps are out and on the way. If however I can see those torps are way off or they start losing steam (at max range and disappearing), I'll focus on the target if the situation warrants it. 

If I take someone's target by mistake, I will apologize, generally, but if it is in a very hard hitting match I may not.

I've had enough kills taken from me over the years, so I know the aggravation. So I try to avoid it. 

[SPTR]
Members
3,833 posts
786 battles

I'm just gonna say, I don't always see those little white triangles in the water when I'm being a CV, usually my screen gets filled by various amounts of AA fire.

Sign in to follow this