You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gebert906

Research Bureau Question

9 comments in this topic

[G-4W]
Members
40 posts
5,064 battles

I currently only have five T10 lines, the minimum to gain access to the research bureau. Just reached that point within the last month so I’m new to it. One of those lines is USN BBs. With the split on the horizon, will I lose access to research bureau once the split goes online without a 6th T10 line? Or should I reset the USN BB line just prior? 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,699 posts
14,007 battles

My understanding is you have to have researched to tier 10 in the required number of trees not that you have to have them. Someone that actually used the RB can answer better.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,365 posts
13,820 battles

Once you unlock the RB, it stays unlocked forever.  You cant lose it by essentially using it.

You may lose immediate access and sll accumulated xp towards the new US line if you reset the current line though.

[TBW]
Members
9,988 posts
16,784 battles

Pretty sure you can go ahead and get the research points for this season, I think it changes in under a month now, to the next season. It is still like you have five lines as far as the research bureau goes. I would double check that for you but it's too dang hard top get to the Wiki anymore.

It may or may not hinder snowflake missions.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[CO-OP]
Members
809 posts
21,872 battles

@gebert906 First congratulations on researching that 5th tech tree line.  As others have noted, you won't lose access to the RB.  The next reset bonus will occur sometime next month (Aug 15-ish?.)  So to maximize the amount of Research points you can get, you should reset a line between now and then.  This will give you double the RPs for the line you reset, then when the reset season starts again, you reset a line, and get double points, again.

Here is link to the wiki that should answer most of your questions:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
443 posts
18,603 battles

The bottom of the tech tree line that you reset has the info on when the next bonus starts.  BTW, it is 21 days from now.  

GLHF!

[POP]
Members
963 posts
8,474 battles
15 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

@gebert906 First congratulations on researching that 5th tech tree line.  As others have noted, you won't lose access to the RB.  The next reset bonus will occur sometime next month (Aug 15-ish?.)  So to maximize the amount of Research points you can get, you should reset a line between now and then.  This will give you double the RPs for the line you reset, then when the reset season starts again, you reset a line, and get double points, again.

Here is link to the wiki that should answer most of your questions:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

Pretty much what this guy just said.  Being able to get the double RB points on 2 lines is super helpful too so I would not loose out on that opportunity. 

Having completed it recently and having played through a few lines and free xp'ing a couple I will offer this bit of advice. 

You do not have to research all of the hull and module upgrades when moving up the tree.  Yes, you will want to if you are playing up the tree but if you free xp an entire tree you can save a lot of xp by not doing the hull and module upgrades along the way (especially at t8-t10).

Although you need 5 lines unlocked to gain access to the RB, you can choose to reset the same line over and over again.  This is key because you can pick the line you enjoy the most and do it over and over again.

Use your xp and free xp flags, you will be surprised how quickly you move up the lines with all that bonus xp.

Resetting CV lines gives less RB points than other tech tree lines.  I had to do 4 ijn dd line resets and one ijn CV line to get my Ohio with 1-2x bonus.  That left me with a little extra at the end.  I also started with the 10k bonus.

Hope this helps.

Members
2,902 posts
5,587 battles

IJN destroyers are the most cost-effective reset. A bit shy of 700k XP I think. I just FXP'd through the line twice (didn't have it researched at all to start) for the bonus RP. With Ranked going on, I am already about 15% of the way to the FXP for the next reset.