Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Guardbro

The Al Littorio's Secondaries

18 comments in this topic

[BISKO]
Members
4 posts
1,965 battles

This ship has 4 cruiser-sized secondary turrets on it, but its range is abysmal when compared to the small turrets on say the Bismarck. Whats the deal here? I can understand the smaller single barrel guns having less range, but the other turrets are huge.

• Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,557 posts
7,007 battles
4 minutes ago, Guardbro said:

This ship has 4 cruiser-sized secondary turrets on it, but its range is abysmal when compared to the small turrets on say the Bismarck. Whats the deal here? I can understand the smaller single barrel guns having less range, but the other turrets are huge.

It's like Roma's, you should just ignore they exist. Speccing for them you just won't get any use out of them relative to the investment.

[BISKO]
Members
4 posts
1,965 battles
3 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

It's like Roma's, you should just ignore they exist. Speccing for them you just won't get any use out of them relative to the investment.

I'd rather they be made functional

[NMKJT]
Members
2,557 posts
7,007 battles
Just now, Guardbro said:

I'd rather they be made functional

Yes, but WG won't do it. They already assigned that flavor to German BBs, and kinda some US ones.

Maybe after seeing how powerful SAP was on RM BBs they'll give them that instead.

[BISKO]
Members
4 posts
1,965 battles
5 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Yes, but WG won't do it. They already assigned that flavor to German BBs, and kinda some US ones.

Maybe after seeing how powerful SAP was on RM BBs they'll give them that instead.

>And kinda some US ones, and kinda some Japanese ones, and kinda some Russian ones

It is only fair to give the larger caliber secondaries a bump up to atleast 6-7km.

Edited by Guardbro

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,946 posts
13,538 battles

There have been some campaigns to get WG to change the Italian secondaries to be a bit better.... same caliber gun as German Sec., granted they fired slower, but range should be there...would be a nice compromise.

Members
790 posts
5,431 battles

This is great. It’s like the Roma being released all over again. And just like last time people are saying wth WG?

[CVA16]
Members
5,116 posts
15,302 battles

WG has just one range for all of the secondary guns on a ship regardless of sizes. Sometimes (usually) they pick the longer range bigger guns, sometimes the shorter range smaller guns as the basis. Germans and French mostly get the longer range. So the 4" (or 5") shoot as far as the 6". For the Italians WG went the other way so the 6" shoot the same as what you would expect for the 90mm. So you have all very short range secondaries. (I know I'm rounding on some of the gun sizes).

Either way the secondaries generally don't get the range of ships with those guns as primaries. And the secondary gunners are falling down drunk most of the time.

Edited by Sabot_100

[NMKJT]
Members
2,557 posts
7,007 battles
15 minutes ago, Guardbro said:

>And kinda some US ones, and kinda some Japanese ones, and kinda some Russian ones

It is only fair to give the larger caliber secondaries a bump up to atleast 6-7km.

Yeah, see what they do when line release gets closer.

[UNNAT]
Members
1,116 posts
5,878 battles
33 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

SAP was one of the gimmicks they tested and decided against for her. Don't get your hopes up.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,557 posts
7,007 battles
1 hour ago, Tekina_ said:

SAP was one of the gimmicks they tested and decided against for her. Don't get your hopes up.

The 'that instead' was for better secondaries, not the SAP.

[-H-]
Members
3 posts
1,224 battles

The Venezia 90mm go 6km. Personally think 6km range for Roma would be a nice little buff. The main gun accuracy is horrendous, but I don't see them touching that. Getting some fires out of the secondaries within a shorter range would be nice. The Venezia secondaries can sometimes be helpful.

Edit: I actually played with the Roma secondary build for quite some time. Including demo expert and both flags since really it is the fires that give you any damage. You just don't get enough fires to make it worthwhile and you need to get just a little too close. A 6km range would suffice. Heck I would take 5.7km.

Edited by Gilotine

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,718 posts
22,633 battles

Even if Roma / AL Littorio had good Secondaries range, the guns themselves still suck.

The 152mm guns aren't numerous enough and fire slow, as is typical with such guns in Secondary Batteries.

The bulk of the Secondary Battery are made up of puny 90mm guns.  They have 15mm HE Pen, High Tier DDs and High Tier BB superstructure will cause non-pens because they're 19mm.

... What's that?  IFHE?  LOL!  IFHE will improve the pen only to 18mm!

:Smile_teethhappy:

The ROF of the 90mm guns also suck considering their small size.  The Fire Chance is also nothing special.

I remember running into this issue when I bought Roma when she first came out years ago.  I spent the Doubloons to retrain my captain, swap out ASM1 for SBM1, and tried it in Co-op first before going into Randoms.  Nothing but lots of hits for next to no damage.  Can't Pen anything, not with something like 15mm HE Pen.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-H-]
Members
3 posts
1,224 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Even if Roma / AL Littorio had good Secondaries range, the guns themselves still suck.

You are right, you can't pen anything, you need to build for fires. That is where you get the extra damage. But you need a bit more range. I'm still not sure it would be worth it, but would certainly be worth testing again. Venezia 6km is modestly useful. For example yesterday I got two fires on a BB rushing me.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
5,265 battles

I think we're all just beating around the bush that Roma/Clones are total garbage. 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,557 posts
7,007 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Venture said:

I think we're all just beating around the bush that Roma/Clones are total garbage. 

They're really not. The 'feels meh sometimes' cause the guns don't always do what you want and click-bug-goes-squish even at long range with that shell velocity and power, and secondaries not being DKM BB or meme-USN BB level doesn't make Roma 'total garbage'.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,718 posts
22,633 battles
45 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

But that's common knowledge already!

Sign in to follow this