Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zenn3k

Well, I guess I'll keep my money...

15 comments in this topic

[-BUI-]
Members
1,777 posts
5,178 battles

Sigh WeeGee, just sigh.

If this Enterprise skin was available as a solo purchase, like these other 3 skins are....you could have made $20 from me today, instead, you make nothing, because $99 for the skin I want is ridiculous.

Whoever makes these decisions to include some items and exclude others, really shouldn't be allowed to make those decisions anymore....

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 1.10.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 1.10.27 PM.png

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,713 posts
3,936 battles

They're betting that enough people want one of those skins enough that they'll pay for the whole package. If the only way to get the one thing you want is to buy it in a package with more things you don't want, well there's a decent number of people who will buy the whole shebang, and boom, WG just made five times the money. There are people like you (and me) who won't buy anything, but I'm sure WG has run the numbers and found that forcing people to buy the package will make more more money than individual sales. Because for every 4 people who don't buy anything now they only need 1 person to buy everything to even it out. If people can buy exactly what they want then they spend less compared to if they have to buy extra things to get what they want. Bundling things no one wants with something everyone wants to increase the price is an old trick.

It's not about what the players want, it's about what makes WG money.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,777 posts
5,178 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

They're betting that enough people want one of those skins enough that they'll pay for the whole package. If the only way to get the one thing you want is to buy it in a package with more things you don't want, well there's a decent number of people who will buy the whole shebang, and boom, WG just made five times the money. There are people like you (and me) who won't buy anything, but I'm sure WG has run the numbers and found that forcing people to buy the package will make more more money than individual sales. Because for every 4 people who don't buy anything now they only need 1 person to buy everything to even it out. If people can buy exactly what they want then they spend less compared to if they have to buy extra things to get what they want. Bundling things no one wants with something everyone wants to increase the price is an old trick.

I get the flawed concept behind it....its always been my experience that the best way to make more money is to provide what people want, personally I think they'd make MORE in the end selling them individually so people who have even a passing interest might pick up their wallet.    

Seriously doubt there is enough demand among the whales for the big bundles to carry it.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,190 posts
6,355 battles

Imagine wanting the Hipper camo and seeing it bundled with a camo (Enterprise) of a ship you will never get.

• Cool 3

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
86 posts
964 battles
13 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Are there even enough active players with Enterprise in their ports for them to win anything out of that bet? 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,365 posts
13,820 battles

I think they are still holding on to the idea that they want these things to be rare, and to them, making them expensive means they will be rare.  Sadly, I think there are enough whales in this game that buy everything that comes out, that they feel justified.

It is pretty sad, because there are some nice ship skins out there that I'd like to have, but paying the amount of money they are asking for, for what constitutes a skin and has 0 game play impact......no thanks.

This situation does make me laugh though when people are like "Man, they have to charge for XXXXX, because companies need to make money!!!!" and then I see that they are essentially just shutting down the money printing press on things like this, that could EASILY be sold individually and make a ton of money more than they will.

Want to solve money issues, here you go in 3 easy steps:

1. Sell all bundled items individually at a set price.
  2. Bundle them all up for a slight discount.
  3. Profit.

I can give you a bunch more money making ideas (that would require very little effort and have 0 game balance issues) if you need, just let me know WG :)

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,713 posts
3,936 battles
52 minutes ago, Roken1 said:

Are there even enough active players with Enterprise in their ports for them to win anything out of that bet? 

I'm guessing more people want one of the other camos and the Enterprise one is just there to increase the price.

[USCC2]
Members
5,862 posts
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Sigh WeeGee, just sigh.

If this Enterprise skin was available as a solo purchase, like these other 3 skins are....you could have made $20 from me today, instead, you make nothing, because $99 for the skin I want is ridiculous.

Whoever makes these decisions to include some items and exclude others, really shouldn't be allowed to make those decisions anymore....

HOW MANY TIMES DO WG HAVE TO TELL US - THEY LISTEN!

So once they have read your comments and those similar made by many others.....then the last similar collaboration comments....then the comments for the collaboration before that collaboration, well, then maybe they might change it and give more choice so more people will spend...………….next time! Maybe! :Smile_smile:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,444 posts
5,637 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Sigh WeeGee, just sigh.

I feel the same way about the Hipper skin. I don't know why they all couldn't be sold individually. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
609 posts
16,461 battles
2 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

Sigh WeeGee, just sigh.

Your not the target demographic. Wg doesnt make content for you. They make it for everyone. Others will pay the price and be happy.

The target demographic is azure lane super weebs with lots of cash. Azure lane ip owner wants that sweet western money to bring back to china.

If your too stingy with money or top poor azure lane and wg dont care. They care about those that have a big monthly paycheck full of extra cash to spend like its going out of style.

I dont make the kind of money on the regular to be a warships whale but I don't go around crying about it. Posting your cry baby thread just makes you look dumb and the whales just laugh at you while they sail by in ther new al ship.

Edited by MackDye
  • Boring 3

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
609 posts
16,461 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Azure lane gets its cur as well. Trust me. No chinese company is giving things out for free when the ccp has mandated to take over the world by economy.

• Boring 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
609 posts
16,461 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I think they are still holding on to the idea that they want these things to be rare, and to them, making them expensive means they will be rare.  Sadly, I think there are enough whales in this game that buy everything that comes out, that they feel justified.

It is pretty sad, because there are some nice ship skins out there that I'd like to have, but paying the amount of money they are asking for, for what constitutes a skin and has 0 game play impact......no thanks.

This situation does make me laugh though when people are like "Man, they have to charge for XXXXX, because companies need to make money!!!!" and then I see that they are essentially just shutting down the money printing press on things like this, that could EASILY be sold individually and make a ton of money more than they will.

Want to solve money issues, here you go in 3 easy steps:

1. Sell all bundled items individually at a set price.
  2. Bundle them all up for a slight discount.
  3. Profit.

I can give you a bunch more money making ideas (that would require very little effort and have 0 game balance issues) if you need, just let me know WG :)

You would think but it doesn't work that way irl. Checkout the coupon/sale industry where people figured out long ago to sell stuff where the sale price is just the price the company wants to make the most profit. So buying not on sale is getting ripped off with a higher price.

• Boring 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,442 posts
6,282 battles

the PC AL skins are giga ugly,why we can't get the wows blitz AL skins?

h901OfhrK86sCPpVb5dPyX5XJtw19WyBZnsj7wTv

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
86 posts
964 battles
12 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the PC AL skins are giga ugly,why we can't get the wows blitz AL skins?

h901OfhrK86sCPpVb5dPyX5XJtw19WyBZnsj7wTv

Because WG must have realized that it is easier for a phone game fan base to transition to another phone/console game than to a PC game. I don't blame them. We should feel lucky they don't pull the plug on us since "kids these days" don't play on PCs anymore...or at least that's what the MBA bro two cubes down from me always says...thus it must be true.  

[O7]
Members
1,483 posts
10,456 battles

wargaming know that if you put an american flag on anything in this game the whales will buy it.

Sign in to follow this