You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

I'm think I'm done with ranked

38 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,814 posts
25,759 battles

Sorry, I cannot take all this toxic crap from those players, that die within the first 4 minutes and pester the chat till the end of the battle.

First, a match without CV or radar in the other team

I was fighting with 3 ships on our side against 4, we sunk them. Lost one DD, have a Lenin damaged.

Earned high caliber

The other cap lost 4 ships while sinking 1(!!!!!!)

I turned out of the cap into the enemy... being called a coward hidding behind rocks (because I angeled my Mass and used my heals, I was only 20% down) by our Benson that died yolo.

I was number 3, one other BB from my side had 10 points more, a LeTerrible, that (needless) yolo rush their BB with torpedos saved his star. The Benson was 5th with by a large amount of XP less. 

Yeah, It wasn't the fault of the players, that couldn't control the cap, I lost the game for the team.

Needless to say that he pestering me after the game with messages.

Next match:

Atago player said he has no confidnce our Akizuki and that we will lose because of him and the GZ. That guy already joined pink.

First thing, he start shooting the Akizuki, but since he has seen, that he loses hitpoints (because of being pink) faster then he can kill the DD, he stopped. But sailed beside him and giving away the position of him this way. Shoots that missed him, hit the DD.

The red CV was good and he start attacking my Kidd. I had a Mass near me and a Odin, four ships in front of us, including a DD. Planes come, I turn into the Mass to getting some extra AA.

The Odin player just yolo into the cap, got hit by torpedos, a Cleveland, a Bismarck and a flanking Vlad. 

He spend the rest of the match spaming the chat that I'm a coward and he died because he got no support from me.

Needless to say, second lowest score, not even 60% of what I had. Oh, I damaged one of their BB heavy, killed their Benson and got their other DD down to 100 points. Just lost my star by a few points. 

From the final score, if that Odin hadn''t died and the Atago wouldn't had sabotage our other DD, a win would have been possible.

Rant over, I stay away from rank for the rest of the season.

Members
6,366 posts
20,014 battles

I have never been an angel in ranked, the previous two regular ranked seasons I had already earned an 18 day chat ban within the first two days. Currently haven't even earned a 24 hour ban yet, so I am trying to behave.

That said, I have seen an explosion of vulgarity and toxicity in ranked this go-round compared to previous seasons. I will continue to be snarky (and accurate) but have already been chased back to port with vulgar laced profanity a few times. I don't mind, for me it's part of the value add package for this game.

That said, the seas are not fair and there appears to be no following wind....

• Meh 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,232 posts

Rank i do to 10 for the flag and then i get out of there. Too many angry people playing. 

• Cool 3

[SQUAD]
Members
77 posts
12,185 battles

I absolutely love the ranked sprint feature of being able to division with someone.   This has been one of the best ranked additions in recent memory for me.  

I am not sure if this belongs in regular ranked but it sure makes the sprint grinds much much more fun. 

Edited by Harley_Quinn1

[BROOK]
Members
1,867 posts

I feel ya, bro.

Since starting WOWS back in 2016 I have had 3 different IP services and 2 different computers. I am always one of the last ships WG loads into the game. With Comcast I had their super duper high speed plan.

The other day I tried Ranked and finally loaded in at minute 19.  By then some hysterical twit was demanding that everyone report the "AFK guy."

:Smile_smile:

[WOLFG]
Members
459 posts
11,221 battles

Turn chat off, problem of toxic chat is gone. Won't hurt the team much since no one listens anyway if you request help or try to help.

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

Members
62 posts
2,336 battles

Frustrating isn’t it, I definitely sympathize. Try turning off chat when you get that first idiotic comment directed at you, don’t even bother responding, and leave it off for the rest of that match... or that whole session. Improves things greatly I find - you don’t really need chat to contribute to the team effort, and if you are on Discord or TS you definitely don’t need chat.

Cheers

Members
6,366 posts
20,014 battles
12 minutes ago, Harley_Quinn1 said:

I absolutely love the ranked sprint feature of being able to being able to division with someone.   This has been one of the best ranked additions in recent memory for me.  

I am not sure if this belongs in regular ranked but it sure makes the spring grinds much much more fun. 

I agree with this and would have no problem with div's in ranked. 

The reality is many players drop sync and are in discord with each other anyway, just because they aren't in the same clan as a dead giveaway doesn't mean people aren't doing it. I've done it.  I would rather lose a game and get smashed by an obvious division than by players exposing enemy positions and feeding xp to each other with failed drop syncs in discord.

Edited by Joyous_Vibes
  • Boring 1

[TBB]
Members
431 posts
3,647 battles
25 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Sorry, I cannot take all this toxic crap from those players, that die within the first 4 minutes and pester the chat till the end of the battle.

First, a match without CV or radar in the other team

I was fighting with 3 ships on our side against 4, we sunk them. Lost one DD, have a Lenin damaged.

Earned high caliber

The other cap lost 4 ships while sinking 1(!!!!!!)

I turned out of the cap into the enemy... being called a coward hidding behind rocks (because I angeled my Mass and used my heals, I was only 20% down) by our Benson that died yolo.

I was number 3, one other BB from my side had 10 points more, a LeTerrible, that (needless) yolo rush their BB with torpedos saved his star. The Benson was 5th with by a large amount of XP less. 

Yeah, It wasn't the fault of the players, that couldn't control the cap, I lost the game for the team.

Needless to say that he pestering me after the game with messages.

Next match:

Atago player said he has no confidnce our Akizuki and that we will lose because of him and the GZ. That guy already joined pink.

First thing, he start shooting the Akizuki, but since he has seen, that he loses hitpoints (because of being pink) faster then he can kill the DD, he stopped. But sailed beside him and giving away the position of him this way. Shoots that missed him, hit the DD.

The red CV was good and he start attacking my Kidd. I had a Mass near me and a Odin, four ships in front of us, including a DD. Planes come, I turn into the Mass to getting some extra AA.

The Odin player just yolo into the cap, got hit by torpedos, a Cleveland, a Bismarck and a flanking Vlad. 

He spend the rest of the match spaming the chat that I'm a coward and he died because he got no support from me.

Needless to say, second lowest score, not even 60% of what I had. Oh, I damaged one of their BB heavy, killed their Benson and got their other DD down to 100 points. Just lost my star by a few points. 

From the final score, if that Odin hadn''t died and the Atago wouldn't had sabotage our other DD, a win would have been possible.

Rant over, I stay away from rank for the rest of the season.

It's been a hassle for sure. If you get to rank 5 soon, you won't encounter this problem, albeit different reasons:

Untitled.png

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,704 posts
27 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Turn chat off, problem of toxic chat is gone. Won't hurt the team much since no one listens anyway if you request help or try to help.

You'd think so but no... it only closes YOUR chat function. The inane, superfluous crap still drops in purple bundles into your chat window. 

I have asked for YEARS but they won't change it. Needs to be "If I say close chat then close it completely , give me back my screen real estate". 

But this a supposed to be a fun and engaging game with social interactions. So... 

Members
6,366 posts
20,014 battles
16 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

It's been a hassle for sure. If you get to rank 5 soon, you won't encounter this problem, albeit different reasons:

Untitled.png

Ranking out in a CV isn't ranking out. Heck it's so easy even a caveman can do it. I'm like 90% in the Shokaku.

• Cool 1

[TBB]
Members
431 posts
3,647 battles
4 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Ranking out in a CV isn't ranking out. Heck it's so easy even a caveman can do it. I'm like 90% in the Shokaku.

Ranking out is ranking out. And CV is very fun and comfortable, so whatever sinks your boat I suppose.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,170 posts
18,424 battles

I think I've played maybe a half dozen matches so far this season, and already been yelled at twice by people who yolo'ed German cruisers (specifically those, I don't know why) into caps and died in the first 2 minutes for not supporting them. Ranked never changes.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
798 posts
2,988 battles

I'm just grinding my Lexington to get Midway with good XP, credits and matchmaking (Tier VIII CV vs. Tier X is no bueno). Also finish off Odin.

Members
6,366 posts
20,014 battles
18 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I think I've played maybe a half dozen matches so far this season, and already been yelled at twice by people who yolo'ed German cruisers (specifically those, I don't know why) into caps and died in the first 2 minutes for not supporting them. Ranked never changes.

For many players ships with torps and poor detection is a bad combo.

[SEALZ]
Members
840 posts
7,931 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

Rank i do to 10 for the flag and then i get out of there. Too many angry people playing. 

Same. My BP is high enough in randoms. Don’t need it any higher lol.

[TBW]
Members
9,984 posts
16,784 battles

I haven't played any yet, I am on the last directive for the Odin, if I decide to spend the gold that WOWs has so graciously been awarding me. I only look at the chat when someone does a quick command. People could be cussing me out, but I never look at it, so I don't see it.

Members
44 posts
467 battles

i find ranked to be fun and a good place to grind ships as well.  I also get a kick out of chat though for most unfortunately no matter what it'll be toxic because Everyone thinks they can rank out meanwhile only a few can actually do it . Most people who rank out can either carry or know there limitations and play within their means without doing stupid things which in turn help those who carry .

Dont get me wrong there are those potatoes who rank out in 1k games, so at least have to admire there commitment .  those type of players usually are not too toxic. 

Members
62 posts
2,336 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You'd think so but no... it only closes YOUR chat function. The inane, superfluous crap still drops in purple bundles into your chat window. 

I have asked for YEARS but they won't change it. Needs to be "If I say close chat then close it completely , give me back my screen real estate". 

But this a supposed to be a fun and engaging game with social interactions. So... 

Idk if things are different on different servers? On NA you X out chat and it’s gone, really gone, until you open it again. At least for me it is. Or I would have quit this game a year ago and saved myself a lot of money, heh.

Edit: ok the window is still there so yes the screen real estate issue is still there. But I see literally no new chat appear after that.

Edited by sirwill1972

Members
1,378 posts
4,452 battles
5 minutes ago, EwE_TuBeR said:

i find ranked to be fun and a good place to grind ships as well.  I also get a kick out of chat though for most unfortunately no matter what it'll be toxic because Everyone thinks they can rank out meanwhile only a few can actually do it . Most people who rank out can either carry or know there limitations and play within their means without doing stupid things which in turn help those who carry .

Dont get me wrong there are those potatoes who rank out in 1k games, so at least have to admire there commitment .  those type of players usually are not too toxic. 

I don't remember this site, but years ago it was proven that with enough dedication, someone could rank out with under 50% win rate by getting a string of wins (being carried) to push them to rank 1.

Just like anything else in the game, skill lowers the time required to get form point A to B, but it almost never prevents a player from getting to point B.

Here's the reddit link for a similar thread 

Members
1,391 posts
7,116 battles

One of the main problems with ranked is you are mixing very competitive players with players who could not care any less about being competitive and are just there for the stuff. Yes, random has these very same groups of players, but ranked is meant to be competitive with rewards as you climb the ladder so it becomes more toxic. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
2,152 posts
11,599 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

you get the Flag at Rank 15

1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Since starting WOWS back in 2016 I have had 3 different IP services and 2 different computers. I am always one of the last ships WG loads into the game. With Comcast I had their super duper high speed plan.

I have had 2 different computers, but the same internet service (Xfinity) since open Beta.

The older computer did have load in issues as time went on, however, after I got my new computer, I upgraded it from the get-go with a solid state drive.

Since then I have never been last to load in and have only had a crash once or twice due to WoWs. Matter of fact, I usually get right into the battle and then have to wait 30 seconds for the battle to start.

[G-4W]
Members
40 posts
5,064 battles
5 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

One of the main problems with ranked is you are mixing very competitive players with players who could not care any less about being competitive and are just there for the stuff. Yes, random has these very same groups of players, but ranked is meant to be competitive with rewards as you climb the ladder so it becomes more toxic. 

lol yeah, in my first ranked match of this season, our CV yolo’d because “we sucked” (we ended up winning anyway). It’s like wth man. Do that crap in Co-Op.