Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Camo Talk! Let's Discuss!

7 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,841 posts

If you use free came which is better?

a. 3% decreased visibility

b. 4% increased incoming dispersion

I suppose the ship affects the choice to some degree.

:Smile_coin:

[_BDA_]
Members
229 posts
3,843 battles

Dispersion is usually better than visibility, however against higher tier ships that slight advantage is meaningless.  The only advantage to camo I've found is the increase in experience and/or credits.

[TBB]
Members
400 posts
3,629 battles

If I had to choose, I would use dispersion on BBs and CAs, and consider visibility on DD depending on my base and the specialty (torpedo or gunboat?)

Decreased visibility for CV as you shouldn't be getting shot at THAT often.

However, both are useless in my opinion. I'm fine spending 22,500 credits to get both benefits every game if I didn't have any other camo. 

Edited by Merc_R_Us

[TBW]
Members
9,982 posts
16,773 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I just sell those in the inventory and they aren't free.

shot-20_07.24_12_43.28-0928.thumb.jpg.123f88ba529154cf9653082b8241d228.jpg

shot-20_07.24_12_43.31-0735.thumb.jpg.2ac786abec104d95155003b4b3f03ff2.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
852 posts
9,628 battles

When I take a cruiser or battleship into co-op I will usually equip a type-2 camo for the dispersion buff.  I figure in co-op the bots know where you are, you are going to be seen from firing anyway, but any little bit of help against the bots' laser-accuracy will help.

When I take a destroyer into co-op I will usually equip a type-5 camo for both dispersion and concealment buffs.

The type-1 camo is not very useful even in co-op, in my opinion.  I sold a few hundred of them a couple months ago when I needed extra credits to buy upgrade modules when they were on sale.

Before the More Resources containers came along, I almost always took More Signals and Camo for the dailies, and so accumulated a lot of type-1/2/5 from that.  And until the recent changes to the daily mission structure/rewards, there was always a day for each type where you got a few dozen each month.  Since I will use the many bonus camos I have in stock for random/ranked/clan/operations, there were plenty of the basic camos available to use for co-op, instead of going in naked.

Members
386 posts
3,675 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Ship type does effect it. For destroyers, take concealment on the Japanese, Pan-Asian, Americans, British, and Germans. These ships generally have good enough stealth that you want to max it out (especially the Japanese). The Russians and French might be better off with dispersion since they do a lot of open water gunboating, stealth be damned.

For battleships I'd take dispersion. They're so easy to see that 3% concealment is totally pointless. 

For cruisers it really depends. I like to max stealth on my IJN CAs, but I think cruisers are best served by both.

Sign in to follow this