Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PrairiePlayer

No incentive to buy consumable camo

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

735
[CK5]
Members
1,317 posts
13,355 battles

I see the Premium Shop finally has an offer of consumable camo for sale.  Thank you for that, WG, but I am not interested in a single bundle of 10 camos.  Actually, I would be interested in buying 200, but I am not going to make 20 individual transactions to accomplish that. A simple solution would be to offer multiple bundles of 10, 50 and 100 camos in the Shop.  How hard could that be?  In the meantime, no sale, WG. 

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[RANGR]
Members
244 posts
3,453 battles

Naaaah youll get 1 camo after a long grind because they think it lasts for 20 games

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,385
[-K-]
Members
8,189 posts
13,489 battles
11 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I see the Premium Shop finally has an offer of consumable camo for sale.  Thank you for that, WG, but I am not interested in a single bundle of 10 camos.  Actually, I would be interested in buying 200, but I am not going to make 20 individual transactions to accomplish that. A simple solution would be to offer multiple bundles of 10, 50 and 100 camos in the Shop.  How hard could that be?  In the meantime, no sale, WG. 

100% agree.

They used to offer multiple bundle sizes.

No clue why that isn't a thing anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,417
[WPORT]
Members
4,327 posts
9,311 battles

I think the "Back to School" camouflage is nice for training Captains.
20 camos for 8,000 coal.
Available in the Armory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
794
[FORM]
Members
1,442 posts
10,345 battles
37 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I see the Premium Shop finally has an offer of consumable camo for sale.  Thank you for that, WG, but I am not interested in a single bundle of 10 camos.  Actually, I would be interested in buying 200, but I am not going to make 20 individual transactions to accomplish that. A simple solution would be to offer multiple bundles of 10, 50 and 100 camos in the Shop.  How hard could that be?  In the meantime, no sale, WG. 

I was all set to spend $54 back in March for 2 sets of 100 of the Pi camo. But nada. :-/

13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think the "Back to School" camouflage is nice for training Captains. 20 camos for 8,000 coal.

But sooooooooo ugly.

Edited by TheArc
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,417
[WPORT]
Members
4,327 posts
9,311 battles
1 minute ago, TheArc said:

 

But sooooooooo ugly.

It is "School-Bus Yellow", basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,505
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,620 posts
17,950 battles

Ether larger packs of consumable camos or a basket where you can buy multiples of the same item, please.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,823
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,723 posts

Frankly, WG overvalues single-use items. 

I'll take whatever free single-use camos and signals I get from gameplay, but I'm not spending money or doubloons on them.  

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
918
[WMD]
Members
1,440 posts
9,246 battles
20 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Frankly, WG overvalues single-use items. 

I'll take whatever free single-use camos and signals I get from gameplay, but I'm not spending money or doubloons on them.  

 

I would think that if camo and signals cost only a couple of doubloons more people would spend more often. At 50 a shot for camo, and 8 a shot for a signal I'll keep my doubloons for buying ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[-BSS-]
Members
235 posts
14,067 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Ether larger packs of consumable camos or a basket where you can buy multiples of the same item, please.

That would be nice for signal flags too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,123
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,732 posts
2 hours ago, TheArc said:

 

But sooooooooo ugly.

They can't make everyone happy.  Lots of people hate yellow cars.  I like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,378 posts
4,452 battles

Math time as I'm always up for a good theory check.

Premium time gives a +65% exp and %50% silver per battle. It has a monthly cost of $9.90.

Type 6 camo is the only camo that can be bought for doubloons within the game and it gives +100% exp and offsets type 5 camo that costs 22500 silver. For arguments sake, we'll say it is equal in value to a premium account. It costs 50 doubloons per use. The player also gets camo in various crates in the game, though not all of those provide the same bonus, but we'll say ever month the player averages 20 free camos that are equivalent to type 6 camo. To equal $9.90 in cost, the player needs to play 80 games.

ESCL + Z + IBT Flags at up to +50% exp, +20% credits and -10% service cost, under the benefits of premium time, but fairly close, especially since other flags can be added for greater value, like wyvern.  These flags cost 28 doubloons per battle and a mostly full set is easily obtainable every day via the daily. One of the easiest monthly tasks also awards 7 of each flag. It takes about 110 games to equal $9.90.

Summary:

Play under 80 games per month (2.7 per day), buy camo

Play under 110 games per month (3.7 per day), buy signals

Play over 110 games per month, buy a premium account

If you don't care about money, only speed, stack them all up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
219
[OVRPN]
Members
730 posts

the issue of them not using a shopping cart mechanic on their online store is just so bizarre and comes up often during Christmas holidays

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
303 posts
4,217 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Ether larger packs of consumable camos or a basket where you can buy multiples of the same item, please.

I asked about a Shopping Cart during a Twitch stream here awhile back. Mr Conway responded saying it was being looked at but then went on about difficulty and programming. I got the impression that the concept was some alien thing not commonplace for online shopping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,322
[A-I-M]
Members
2,733 posts
12,540 battles
44 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

I asked about a Shopping Cart during a Twitch stream here awhile back. Mr Conway responded saying it was being looked at but then went on about difficulty and programming. I got the impression that the concept was some alien thing not commonplace for online shopping. 

Yeahhhh, those Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and LL Bean clowns are so out of step with the online shopping mainstream. Deep down inside, they’re brooding with “WG Premium Shop Envy!”

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
304
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
609 posts
16,461 battles

Wg dont care about your laziness. If you really wanted it you would click as many times as necessary to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,796
[PVE]
Members
11,510 posts
22,441 battles
2 hours ago, BossmanSlim said:

Math time as I'm always up for a good theory check.

Premium time gives a +65% exp and %50% silver per battle. It has a monthly cost of $9.90.

Type 6 camo is the only camo that can be bought for doubloons within the game and it gives +100% exp and offsets type 5 camo that costs 22500 silver. For arguments sake, we'll say it is equal in value to a premium account. It costs 50 doubloons per use. The player also gets camo in various crates in the game, though not all of those provide the same bonus, but we'll say ever month the player averages 20 free camos that are equivalent to type 6 camo. To equal $9.90 in cost, the player needs to play 80 games.

ESCL + Z + IBT Flags at up to +50% exp, +20% credits and -10% service cost, under the benefits of premium time, but fairly close, especially since other flags can be added for greater value, like wyvern.  These flags cost 28 doubloons per battle and a mostly full set is easily obtainable every day via the daily. One of the easiest monthly tasks also awards 7 of each flag. It takes about 110 games to equal $9.90.

Summary:

Play under 80 games per month (2.7 per day), buy camo

Play under 110 games per month (3.7 per day), buy signals

Play over 110 games per month, buy a premium account

If you don't care about money, only speed, stack them all up.

Type 59 camo can be purchased for doubloons in game. +200% XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,635
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,170 posts
18,424 battles

It's a bizarrely missing feature from the main store, the only explanation I've ever been able to come up with is that a multi-item shopping cart would cause a lot of problems with the (really outdated) way their system handles coupons and other discounts. Very much a guess, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,796
[PVE]
Members
11,510 posts
22,441 battles
23 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

It's a bizarrely missing feature from the main store, the only explanation I've ever been able to come up with is that a multi-item shopping cart would cause a lot of problems with the (really outdated) way their system handles coupons and other discounts. Very much a guess, though.

They have had a shopping cart briefly at times. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. The last time they had it the cart worked just fine and I used it a couple times before it vanished. Was SO MUCH easier. Why it went away?

This way makes no sense as it costs them $$$ for each transaction and I know I have had to deal with transactions being held while I confirmed it was me because to get what I wanted was a bunch at once and it set off warnings.

This is such a common sense thing I can not understand why WG doesn't do it. 

It is also a massive PITA buying 1 at a time too. Just takes so long. I bought 4X the camos and stopped because I didn't want a freeze to happen and I was sick of going through it. I would love to get 100, 200, etc... of that camo. It is a really good one and I am low. But buying 10 at a time is torture.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
794
[FORM]
Members
1,442 posts
10,345 battles
5 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'll take whatever free single-use camos and signals I get from gameplay, but I'm not spending money or doubloons on them.  

I went crazy and bought the 10 "this is your day" camos. Not as good as the Pi ones, but still nice to have that 250% bonus for finishing up the remaining Tier 10 UUs I want to get done. That 4th mission "earning 15K FXP" is much faster with the best camo & flags you can use :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,301
[WOOK3]
Members
4,180 posts
3,208 battles

How about adding a shopping cart? That way if I want to buy 2 or 3 items I can checkout once. Which would, incidentally, allow me to buy 10  of one item. 

If I were to try to run 20 identical transactions through a Cyprian bank, no doubt my bank would flag it and block any further transactions. 

Edited by Wombatmetal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
227 posts
4,630 battles

The "back to school" camo, on some ships and some lighting, looks to me like target drone orange.  Or close enough to make New Mexico look like a test target for submarines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,417
[WPORT]
Members
4,327 posts
9,311 battles
14 hours ago, ithekro said:

The "back to school" camo, on some ships and some lighting, looks to me like target drone orange.  Or close enough to make New Mexico look like a test target for submarines.

Well, not all ships can be The Arcadia, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
227 posts
4,630 battles
21 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Well, not all ships can be The Arcadia, eh?

Well no.  Green (or blue) with skulls and crossbones would also stick but, but not be quite so bright a target.  Though a camo for that should have a ramming buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×