You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ocoda

super containers Useless rewards

84 comments in this topic

[PLDN]
Members
255 posts

Is there anyway to get these to stop dropping since they rarely give anything good anymore.   I feel like i get a half dozen every month ( i play a lot ) and i always get useless camo's or ramming flags. in my 3 years of playing i have gotten only 3 good super containers 2 steel 1500 back to back and 1 30k (i think that's what it was) in coal. it seems to be more of a crap drop then a reward.

World of Warships 7_24_2020 10_02_16 AM.png

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 2

[ARGSY]
Members
18,850 posts
13,133 battles
7 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

I feel like i get a half dozen every month ( i play a lot ) and i always get useless camo's or ramming flags.

What do you miss out on because of it? ONE container per day with something else inside.

I sense a tiny little monster inside of you screaming "Where's my ******* Belfast*, WG?"

* = Or whatever else it is that you don't have but want.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,544 posts
41 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

Is there anyway to get these to stop dropping since they rarely give anything good anymore.   I feel like i get a half dozen every month ( i play a lot ) and i always get useless camo's or ramming flags. in my 3 years of playing i have gotten only 3 good super containers 2 steel 1500 back to back and 1 30k (i think that's what it was) in coal. it seems to be more of a crap drop then a reward.

Just another way WG likes to troll it's players.....

Ohh SC!..... Meh ramming flags.....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

Members
2,081 posts
6,309 battles

Its free no matter what is in them. its not trolling ITS FREE. You must be entitled.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts

But... but you misunderstand...

It is not the content that is super, but the crate! 

The new WG container is spectacular... looks like injection molded carbon fibre gell with colors added. Yup. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts
Just now, Raven114 said:

Its free no matter what is in them. its not trolling ITS FREE. You must be entitled.

It's the use of the word "super" which causes the disappointments. 

I've always felt they need to rename them to like... Good, great, even better, super and of course the real super containers, ones with ships, call them Unobtanium Uber Crates. 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,573 posts
17,913 battles

"Waaah my free stuff isn't good enough"

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 5

[CAP]
Members
294 posts
13,916 battles

I agree that when i choose resource container and get 50 back to school camos instead.... I basically got "less" than the regular container.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,403 posts
7,350 battles
49 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

Is there anyway to get these to stop dropping since they rarely give anything good anymore.   I feel like i get a half dozen every month ( i play a lot ) and i always get useless camo's.....

What? You expect SCs to be tailored to individual players?

I'd be thrilled to get 50 of those camos....

• Boring 2

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
162 posts
8,172 battles

No they are not very super

Yes they are free

Just because they are free does not make them exciting

And just because they are not exciting doesn't mean they should stop dropping.

That said, with the rarity of them, it wouldn't take a lot of effort on WG's part to make them a lot more 'super' than they are.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,252 posts
23,411 battles

Half a dozen a month is a helluva droprate I get every daily container and I'm lucky if I see 1 SC a month.

Members
20 posts

I just got one about a week ago. It was the first one in a heck of a long time but it was for 7 days premium time. Hey, i will take it its free.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts
10 minutes ago, rjpyro said:

I just got one about a week ago. It was the first one in a heck of a long time but it was for 7 days premium time. Hey, i will take it its free.

Man... seriously, I remember a time when you could expect free premium time to drop quite often... once, over a period of time, I accumulated over 90 days of premium time from SCs. 

Dunker was, iirc, my last free ship drop. 

[USCC2]
Members
5,862 posts
1 hour ago, Ocoda said:

Hardly useless - just not that Super either.

Be honest though, who thinks excitedly 'This could be a Super prize!' anymore? We all know that if you beat the odds to get a SC, then you have to beat the odds to get something Super like a ship AND then you have to beat the odds to get a ship you may want and/or consider Super! Come on we've seen what comes out of SC to know what to expect.  :Smile_teethhappy: 

[WMD]
Members
1,430 posts
9,217 battles

I got a Hill from one about a month ago, today's was 7 days premium. 

For some people those would be great hauls, for me they were appreciated but not spectacular. I have 450+ days of premium running so the extra 7 days was nice but hardly noticeable, and I hate mid tier USN DDs... 

That said, free stuff is always welcome, just assume you aren't getting anything "super" in the container. As we say all the time at work "manage your expectations". 

[SQUAD]
Members
75 posts
12,170 battles

The super containers,  I have gotten so few of them it’s hardly a concern for me.  The one that actually bothers me is when I select the coal containers and get less coal than I do with other types.  IE.  One bag of coal 2 sets of flags.  <. This is more the normal than one would expect for my account. 

sorry about your container rewards,

Harley

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,442 posts
18,543 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

"Waaah my free stuff isn't good enough"

While I agree that complaining about free things is .... hilarious at best (and suicidal at worst!), I will also agree that the quality of the free items to be had in the SCs has diminished in the years since the game went live.  To be completely honest, the frequency with which I've received them seems to have gone down also. But, hey, they are still free!

[BROOK]
Members
1,829 posts

The XP needed for the 3 daily crates should go like this:

1st Crate                     12K

2nd Crate Another    10K

3rd Crate  Another     5K

So you get all 3 for a total of 27K XP.

• Meh 1

Members
715 posts
953 battles
1 hour ago, Raven114 said:

Yea I pinged his ip address is coming from Portland 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Meh 2

Alpha Tester
566 posts
14,175 battles

OP, you are lucky, I've got one this year, and only three last year. Two of those were fire duration flags, one ramming flags, and one was a cammo, forget which one. I'd gladly trade my luck for yours.

• Cool 1