Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Joe_918145

Narai is on PTS

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

417
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
430 posts
18,532 battles

In case you guys don't play on the PTS, the op they have up is Narai.  Since they are giving special flags on the main server for 5 wins, I hope this means we will see it again on the next release.

GLHF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,761
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,602 posts
2 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

In case you guys don't play on the PTS, the op they have up is Narai.  Since they are giving special flags on the main server for 5 wins, I hope this means we will see it again on the next release.

GLHF!

I will very much be trying to run Narai on PTS then. 

Both because I like Narai, and because I want to see if there are any other changes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,761
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,602 posts
12 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL what have they changed this time? :Smile_teethhappy:

There's a tiny part of me that wants to leave the office right now and "work from home" the rest of the day, to find out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
417
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
430 posts
18,532 battles

I played two battles yesterday, and I can't say I saw anything change.  I think they were simply fixing the bug that caused them to pull it from the rotation.

On second thought, it seems the Wyoming in the first wave has been moved up with the CL and the DD.  I played Helena and Atlanta and usually I can mostly blap the CL on the first shot with AP then switch to HE for the DD.  Yesterday the DD was behind Wyoming making that shot harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,761
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,602 posts

Narai is back on PTS.

I was able to play it. 

Cannot give you any news about payouts because the battle results screen errored out and kicked me back to port, and I have no detailed results to examine. 

I did get about 4500 XP for a 4-star result, with just the Scharnhorst camo and +50% signal, and the default PTS premium.  No other boosts to XP.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,761
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,602 posts

PTS update -- Narai XP payouts not nerfed, and not showing the wonky inverted results that were happening in other ops.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[PVE]
Members
3,953 posts
16,816 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

PTS update -- Narai XP payouts not nerfed, and not showing the wonky inverted results that were happening in other ops.

That's nice but there is still one major issues:  it's on the PTS.......  And, there is no way I'm ever going to venture there !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,761
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,602 posts
5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

That's nice but there is still one major issues:  it's on the PTS.......  And, there is no way I'm ever going to venture there !!!!

Just reporting that it appears to be fixed and that the payouts don't appear to be nerfed or affected by the "inversion" bug that some ops have seen lately.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[PVE]
Members
3,953 posts
16,816 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Just reporting that it appears to be fixed and that the payouts don't appear to be nerfed or affected by the "inversion" bug that some ops have seen lately.

Thanks !  Appreciate that.  I'd love to but..........  If it ever returns to the game I'd be happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,761
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,602 posts
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Thanks !  Appreciate that.  I'd love to but..........  If it ever returns to the game I'd be happy. 

I'd consider it featuring prominently in the test a good sign that it will be back in the next patch -- hopefully inserted into the rotation immediately.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[DBRIS]
Members
553 posts
10,269 battles
4 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

That's nice but there is still one major issues:  it's on the PTS.......  And, there is no way I'm ever going to venture there !!!!

It's not that bad. You can screw around with all sorts of crazy settings and no one is counting! Only downside is for Ops, or anything else there really,  just are not enough on at a time to get a decent game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
245
[ICOP]
Members
394 posts
12,179 battles

I found something in Narai.  I went off to the Southwest to kill transports, and there was one transport dead but still showed a live silhouette on the mini-map.  In game view, nothing there to shoot.  When the game ended, it said we didn't kill all the transports.  One time bug?  I don't know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[GT3]
Members
128 posts
5,709 battles
1 hour ago, Thunder_Feet said:

I found something in Narai.  I went off to the Southwest to kill transports, and there was one transport dead but still showed a live silhouette on the mini-map.  In game view, nothing there to shoot.  When the game ended, it said we didn't kill all the transports.  One time bug?  I don't know.

 

One had already escaped.. the sihouette remains even though its left the map... gotta get there a minute sooner :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
[NKOTD]
Members
924 posts
8,446 battles

The thing is....if it's really fixed...why don't they send a hot patch out to fix on the main server?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,653
[SBS]
Members
5,387 posts
5 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

The thing is....if it's really fixed...why don't they send a hot patch out to fix on the main server?

Because they need to test it to make sure it's actually fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
417
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
430 posts
18,532 battles
19 hours ago, Thunder_Feet said:

I found something in Narai.  I went off to the Southwest to kill transports, and there was one transport dead but still showed a live silhouette on the mini-map.  In game view, nothing there to shoot.  When the game ended, it said we didn't kill all the transports.  One time bug?  I don't know.

 

The lead transport is the Communications ship.  If the one you are seeing up front is not that ship, make a beeline for the transport exit and hope you can detect it before it gets away.

I played PTS again last night so I could get my flags for the 5 wins in Narai.  I was right in my post earlier, the Wyoming is coming out between the CL and the DD, making an early shot at the DD difficult.  And if you are in a CL on the point, the Wyoming can wreck you early unless the friendly BBs wreck it.  Ask me how I know.  :Smile_ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[DBRIS]
Members
553 posts
10,269 battles
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

The lead transport is the Communications ship.  If the one you are seeing up front is not that ship, make a beeline for the transport exit and hope you can detect it before it gets away.

I played PTS again last night so I could get my flags for the 5 wins in Narai.  I was right in my post earlier, the Wyoming is coming out between the CL and the DD, making an early shot at the DD difficult.  And if you are in a CL on the point, the Wyoming can wreck you early unless the friendly BBs wreck it.  Ask me how I know.  :Smile_ohmy:

Noticed that too. You need to hustle over there to get them all. That comm ship looks like it is doing 30+kn. and is kinda stealthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,761
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,602 posts

Really whoever is going to get the transports needs to be decided before the first three reds show up, and that person needs to start heading that way as soon as those ships are dead, avoiding a beating from the Iron Duke along the way.

If players dither around until after the Iron Duke is dead and then one of them starts puttering toward the transports, it's probably too late already.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×