You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

Why couldn't you be bothered WG with AL Littorio

64 comments in this topic

[ZUOSI]
Beta Testers
1,259 posts
1,766 battles

You could of made some changes. They didn't have to be strictly better, or strictly worse. Trade some things about to give her a slightly different feel. Maybe trade some Torp protection for better dispersion. Or some handling for better AA. Detection range for better secondaries.

Literally you could of done ANYTHING to make it feel different than the Roma. It bears the name Littorio for god sakes so it should be different in SOME way.

Why? Why couldn't you? You've ignored a italian BB line for god knows how many years. Went with more and more paper ships. Barely put out any premiums. 

I would of taken a downgraded Guilio Cesare over a clone Roma (as much as I adore my Roma).

• Cool 9
  • Boring 4

[PISD]
Members
1,119 posts
4,983 battles
3 minutes ago, otakuben said:

You could of made some changes. They didn't have to be strictly better, or strictly worse. Trade some things about to give her a slightly different feel. Maybe trade some Torp protection for better dispersion. Or some handling for better AA. Detection range for better secondaries.

Literally you could of done ANYTHING to make it feel different than the Roma. It bears the name Littorio for god sakes so it should be different in SOME way.

Why? Why couldn't you? You've ignored a italian BB line for god knows how many years. Went with more and more paper ships. Barely put out any premiums. 

I would of taken a downgraded Guilio Cesare over a clone Roma (as much as I adore my Roma).

Seems like they tried different option with the Impero, but nothing worked for them so they made a clone.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,160 posts
6,107 battles
22 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Seems like they tried different option with the Impero, but nothing worked for them so they made a clone.

Even so, they could have tweaked few stats, a la Cleveland vs AL Montpelier.

This rather reeks of pure laziness.

• Cool 5

[HELLS]
Members
2,587 posts
25,756 battles

Simple solution. All they had to do was up the sigma by 0.1, reduce the dispersion by 15 meters., shave 1 second off the main gun reload, and increase the secondaries range by 1 kilometer while reducing the torpedo protection by 5% (after all she was sunk at Taranto by two 18-inch torpedoes dropped by Swordfish).Job done in jig time. Poor planning and marketing. I sprung for Roma because she is the Ferrari of BBs and cheap when I bought her during a sale. I won't go for Littorio.

• Cool 2

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,940 posts
9,799 battles

To deepen the shenanigans here, I can confirm that AL Littorio is Impero according to the game files.  They gave AL Littorio the Duke of York treatment and purged her unique game play on the eve of her release (which I'm still not allowed to discuss for NDA reasons -- yes, I asked).  Instead, they just cloned Roma and called the job done.

This effectively makes AL Littorio a worse Roma because she can't get access to the Makoto Kobayashi camouflage (yours for the low-low price of all of your doubloons) with its significantly improved economic bonuses.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 10
  • Thanks 5

[ZUOSI]
Beta Testers
1,259 posts
1,766 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

To deepen the shenanigans here, I can confirm that AL Littorio is Impero according to the game files.  They gave AL Littorio the Duke of York treatment and purged her unique game play (which I'm still not allowed to discuss for reasons) in favour of simply cloning Roma.

That is just ridiculous. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,373 posts
5,289 battles

I saw Imperio many times, she had smoke and sap...and honestly would have bought her in a second. 

They are probably waiting for the BB line to implement changes. 

However, if they go "full Roma" with the line...it'll be doa.

[PISD]
Members
1,119 posts
4,983 battles
8 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

To deepen the shenanigans here, I can confirm that AL Littorio is Impero according to the game files.  They gave AL Littorio the Duke of York treatment and purged her unique game play on the eve of her release (which I'm still not allowed to discuss for NDA reasons -- yes, I asked).  Instead, they just cloned Roma and called the job done.

This effectively makes AL Littorio a worse Roma because she can't get access to the Makoto Kobayashi camouflage (yours for the low-low price of all of your doubloons) with its significantly improved economic bonuses.

Well....

kinda like “screw it, balancing is too hard, lets make Roma 1.1”. Kinda leave the taste of laziness that I also had with the Warhammer 50k event where they didn’t even bother to give 2 different copycat for both faction.

• Cool 1

[NAUT]
Members
27 posts
6,354 battles

And to think I almost bought this this morning. Was really looking forward to it. Good thing I did some research 1st and found out that they made it into a steaming heap of scat.

Edited by FearTheBeef

[WOLFC]
Members
1,325 posts
8,504 battles

My guess is that WG couldn’t balance the ship with the unique features she had in testing within the time limits set by the release schedule. As to why they didn’t tweak a few things to differentiate her from Roma, a la Montpelier and Cleveland? Once again, I suspect they ran out of time, and since they are unwilling to nerf her post-release WG went with the safe route of simply releasing a clone.

Unfortunate, but not surprising.

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,269 battles
18 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

This effectively makes AL Littorio a worse Roma

Oh, joy.

3 minutes ago, FearTheBeef said:

And to think I almost bought this this morning.

LOL.

I'm just going to wait till the Ita BB regular tech tree line comes out & I will just free exp & credit spend my way to whatever BB I decide to get/stop at.

As to buying anything in WoWS considering all the disastrous decisions, imho, since Feb 2019 (the Great Wreak aka the farce CV rework) from WG?   NO!*

* If WF sold a 'dedicated clan flag slot', I'd buy that (hint, hint).

• Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,524 posts
11,013 battles
58 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

i think the fact that it had SAP was well known though, but to be fair, that would have made it far superior to Roma

Members
796 posts
5,464 battles

How many people have been asking for a decent Italian BB or a Italian BB line? Instead we get mythical German CVs and more Russian madness. This ship actually infuriates me. They are selling it as if it’s an upgrade to Roma when it’s the same. WG is running out of good faith to burn.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
5,373 posts
5,289 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

i think the fact that it had SAP was well known though, but to be fair, that would have made it far superior to Roma

It totally did, when the Imperio shot it had the SAP shell tracers for sure. The smoke generator was also hilarious to use with it. Imperio would basically pick a fight, sap the hell out of someone and then bail with smoke. 

I imagine it working like a Venezia on steroids, and my god was it glorious to witness. 

Nah we'll just have a BB line that overpens everything and is remarkable for being unremarkable. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
609 posts
16,461 battles

Your getting Iltalian bb's this fall mate. Chill

• Meh 2

[DOG]
Members
980 posts
11,111 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

It totally did, when the Imperio shot it had the SAP shell tracers for sure. The smoke generator was also hilarious to use with it. Imperio would basically pick a fight, sap the hell out of someone and then bail with smoke. 

I imagine it working like a Venezia on steroids, and my god was it glorious to witness. 

Nah we'll just have a BB line that overpens everything and is remarkable for being unremarkable. 

They could at least give them something.  Like maybe the overpen at least gives you a better overmatch capability when firing at bow tankers (like Des Moines or Russian BBs) or something.  That whole overmatch mechanic and bow tanking thing, (not to mention the fact that turning broadside in this game is essentially considered suicidal) is silly, at least how they've implemented it.  A Yamato can punch almost anything from any angle from 20 km, but a 15" or 16" gun firing from 4 km into a bow just bounces?  Granted, Yamato's shells are huge and heavy, but it seems like they would bleed off some of their armor punching ability over range (at least when not plunging into a deck from above) relative to a shell that's not really that much smaller fired at point blank range.

[WUDPS]
5,373 posts
5,289 battles

Nah there would be no point when you're in a fire heavy meta with CV's. 

I'd give the Italian line sap and smoke, and buff their AA a tad. You need them to be competitive for sure. The reason the Tier X CA is so strong is because she can fight like a champ well above her weight...and doesn't need DoT. 

SAP is the scissors to paper. 

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
924 posts
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

will you discuss after NDA?

2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I saw Imperio many times, she had smoke and sap...and honestly would have bought her in a second. 

They are probably waiting for the BB line to implement changes. 

However, if they go "full Roma" with the line...it'll be doa.

i think i have seen once...

looks cool but weird at same time.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,940 posts
9,799 battles
14 minutes ago, Blitzkrieger said:

my god people need to quit crying about paper ships

eoxgbmgf5hx21.jpg

Littorio wasn't a paper ship.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[EQRN]
Members
1,934 posts
16,254 battles

Funny, but hyper velocity guns seem to work perfect when mounted on Russian ships :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

Members
599 posts
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Why is anybody surprised though? They got away with it when they did Duke of Puke, of course they are going to do it again, because that's what Wargaming does, screw everyone over for extra cash whenever they can. As I said in your Littorio review LWM I salute you for persevering with Wargaming and it's b******t for this long.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,160 posts
6,107 battles
1 hour ago, Blitzkrieger said:

my god people need to quit crying about paper ships

Someone here didn't study their history properly, lol. :Smile_trollface::Smile_smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_battleship_Littorio

810588131_Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S54286_Italien_Schlachtschiff__Littorio_.jpg.1b16df2fa6a6e1a5ddd408a4f8e48341.jpg

Image pulled straight from the Wikipedia article. :cap_haloween:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,524 posts
11,013 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

i think they backed themselves into a counter though with giving the cruisers SAP and that full speed smoke, if that doesnt scream "this is the gimmick for this nation" i dont know what does, so theyll have to find a way to make it work on the BBs or face some serious blowback from the playerbase, as the Italian BBs historically carried only SAP and AP