Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Azur Lane collab commencing (EU Premium shop), Update, NA now as well.

105 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,580
[KWF]
Members
4,172 posts
6,337 battles

Was expected sooner or later, just a while ago premium shop offers popped up on EU server.

Pricing is ok I guess, Littorio and Sovetskaya are more or less on expected prices.

Big package with all Commanders: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15672/

Separate, first, second and third wave Commanders: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15669/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15674/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15675/

All Azur Lane ships: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15693/

Commander containers :Smile_sceptic:: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15653/

Permacamo packages: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15659/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15658/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15656/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15657/

Obviously you can buy separate ships with their respective commanders.

All in all, I'd say there are no surprises, though the inability to buy specific Commanders is again a negative. The fact that the containers can give an infinite number of duplicates makes this even worse.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,965
[ARGSY]
Members
18,850 posts
13,133 battles

It's live on the NA server now.

12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Commander containers :Smile_sceptic:

Yeah, I share that misgiving. As far as I can tell, they've failed to lock out duplicates AGAIN and the chances of ending up with a dozen of the same thing are too great. 

I do, however, have a use case for the Yukikaze DD. 

 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts

it became available at 06am ET.

for the price i am pretty satisfied as it is 30% cheaper than i saw at asia server. I lslept thinking would have to spend more...

Edited by Felipe_1982
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,361
[-K-]
Members
8,168 posts
13,463 battles

While I'll skip past most of it, I am curious about AI Littorio.

The Premium Shop description doesn't tell much other than it's a Roma-clone, but one of @LittleWhiteMouse reviews (I don't recall which one) showed the DPM for T8 battleships and showed a WiP Littorio with SAP shells.

Can anyone confirm if it does indeed have SAP instead of HE shells?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[WOITL]
[WOITL]
Members
13 posts
5,810 battles

And there they go again offering you random commanders that can be duplicates just like last time. Why is it so hard to offer us individual commanders for sale like in the first collab?

And just like last time I am probably going to buy one random container (so basically the guarantee to not get a duplicate), and be done with it instead of dropping a lot of money which (like last time) I was seriously contemplating. But I am not going to support a gacha mechanic that is way worse than the gacha mechanic in the [edited] GACHA game they are collaborating with. Well done WG!

Edited by SiIo
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

While I'll skip past most of it, I am curious about AI Littorio.

The Premium Shop description doesn't tell much other than it's a Roma-clone, but one of @LittleWhiteMouse reviews (I don't recall which one) showed the DPM for T8 battleships and showed a WiP Littorio with SAP shells.

Can anyone confirm if it does indeed have SAP instead of HE shells?

it does not have... flamu was playing yesterday on WG stream.

Edited by Felipe_1982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts
4 minutes ago, SiIo said:

And there they go again offering you random commanders that can be duplicates just like last time. Why is it so hard to offer us individual commanders for sale like in the first collab?

And just like last time I am probably going to buy one random container (so basically the guarantee to not get a duplicate), and be done with it instead of dropping a lot of money which (like last time) I was seriously contemplating. But I am not going to support a gacha mechanic that is way worse than the gacha mechanic in the [edited] GACHA game they are collaborating with. Well done WG!

isnt it easier to get the full pack? without gambling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,580
[KWF]
Members
4,172 posts
6,337 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

While I'll skip past most of it, I am curious about AI Littorio.

The Premium Shop description doesn't tell much other than it's a Roma-clone, but one of @LittleWhiteMouse reviews (I don't recall which one) showed the DPM for T8 battleships and showed a WiP Littorio with SAP shells.

Can anyone confirm if it does indeed have SAP instead of HE shells?

Am pretty certain she didn't get SAP sadly. The wiki page linked confirms it.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:AL_Littorio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,580
[KWF]
Members
4,172 posts
6,337 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's live on the NA server now.

Yeah, I share that misgiving. As far as I can tell, they've failed to lock out duplicates AGAIN and the chances of ending up with a dozen of the same thing are too great. 

I do, however, have a use case for the Yukikaze DD. 

 

Thanks for the heads up, updated my post with the correct NA packages.

That duplicate system is simply silly. I remember last time people getting tons of Azumas.

Anyway, hoping at least for a decent freebie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82
[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
392 posts
9,942 battles

A Premium Cleveland with slower reload

A Premium Kagero w/o Torp reload and less torp range

A Gimped Sov Soyez

A Roma Clone. It does NOT have SAP

I'll pass on the boats.

AL commanders are not my thing, but duplicate protection would be REALLY nice here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[WOITL]
[WOITL]
Members
13 posts
5,810 battles
8 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

isnt it easier to get the full pack? without gambling.

If you wanted all the commanders in there yes, but if you do not, your basically s*** out of luck (which is me, because I want most of them, but not all). Not to mention the 3rd wave commander bundle is bundled with 3 camos, one of which is for a ship that is not available anymore...

If they offered individual commanders like in the first collab I wouldn't have minded buying a few of them (even at the relatively steep price they were at, considering they are "just" a 10p commander) and thus giving WG quite a few bucks. But I am not going to give them money for a ship camo I am probably never going to use and commanders I don't want (by buying the bundle), or gambling away by buying containers and possibly getting duplicates of any of the commanders that I do not want. F*** that, seriously.

Edited by SiIo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,578 posts
33,920 battles
28 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Was expected sooner or later, just a while ago premium shop offers popped up on EU server.

Pricing is ok I guess, Littorio and Sovetskaya are more or less on expected prices.

Big package with all Commanders: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15672/

Separate, first, second and third wave Commanders: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15669/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15674/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15675/

All Azur Lane ships: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15693/

Commander containers :Smile_sceptic:: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15653/

Permacamo packages: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15659/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15658/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15656/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/15657/

Obviously you can buy separate ships with their respective commanders.

All in all, I'd say there are no surprises, though the inability to buy specific Commanders is again a negative. The fact that the containers can give an infinite number of duplicates makes this even worse.

Well, having some duplicates is not so bad. Depends on the duplicates.

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,965
[ARGSY]
Members
18,850 posts
13,133 battles
3 minutes ago, contag10n said:

A Premium Kagero w/o Torp reload and less torp range

The flipside of that is that they're very fast and they hit hard. It gives you F3 torpedoes a tier lower than you would otherwise have access to them. That's the attraction for me. 

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai has a handful of YT vids on using it in his IJN playlist, including in the CV context: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNjYN8IJaDX1rkeYNiykA_lMAdaFKcBZ2  

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437
Members
493 posts
4,656 battles

So I can't just buy the Cleveland perma camo? 

I don't even own any of the other ships in the camo bundle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,580
[KWF]
Members
4,172 posts
6,337 battles
4 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Well, having some duplicates is not so bad. Depends on the duplicates.

Problem is that each Commander has her own voiceover and nationality. So say you want Azuma, but you instead get 3 Roons in a row, with each one having the exact same voiceover. A 10 point Commander is sure a boon, but the way these duplicates work can quickly diminish the value of the container.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,389
[WOLF8]
Members
7,118 posts
6,095 battles

My biggest beef is that there's the collab camo for Belfast in the 3rd wave captain bundle. Why? I'm one of many people who can't get Belfast anymore. WG really should have left the camos outside the bundle. :Smile_sceptic:

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,580
[KWF]
Members
4,172 posts
6,337 battles
3 minutes ago, exray0 said:

So I can't just buy the Cleveland perma camo? 

I don't even own any of the other ships in the camo bundle.

I would wait for a bit, there hasn't been a news post yet on the collab; there could well be the opportunity to get  separate perma camos via Armory.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
31 posts
7,043 battles

I'm not sure what they teach over in Russian business schools, but I'm fairly convinced that they have a cartoon villain with twirling mustache understanding of co-branding. Lesta consistently seems to try to screw over it's business partners on its end of the agreement as much as possible whether that be yostar, Ark performance, or kadokawa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts
19 minutes ago, contag10n said:

A Premium Cleveland with slower reload

A Premium Kagero w/o Torp reload and less torp range

A Gimped Sov Soyez

A Roma Clone. It does NOT have SAP

I'll pass on the boats.

AL commanders are not my thing, but duplicate protection would be REALLY nice here.

if there was a duplicate protection they would sell a limited amont of containers... they are giving the option of no gambling by releasing a mega pack with all of them.

i would say: dont buy loot boxes, we must remove it from games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts
20 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Well, having some duplicates is not so bad. Depends on the duplicates.

i dont understand one thing, are they limited to her nation? cause if i want japanese captains and get 10 yukizake, what is the problem? same voiceover?

15 minutes ago, exray0 said:

So I can't just buy the Cleveland perma camo? 

I don't even own any of the other ships in the camo bundle.

yes you can, i saw all camos beeing sold separately.

12 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

My biggest beef is that there's the collab camo for Belfast in the 3rd wave captain bundle. Why? I'm one of many people who can't get Belfast anymore. WG really should have left the camos outside the bundle. :Smile_sceptic:

there are some camos outside the bundle...

i think later, until the end of the years belfast will be available again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts
26 minutes ago, SiIo said:

If you wanted all the commanders in there yes, but if you do not, your basically s*** out of luck (which is me, because I want most of them, but not all). Not to mention the 3rd wave commander bundle is bundled with 3 camos, one of which is for a ship that is not available anymore...

If they offered individual commanders like in the first collab I wouldn't have minded buying a few of them (even at the relatively steep price they were at, considering they are "just" a 10p commander) and thus giving WG quite a few bucks. But I am not going to give them money for a ship camo I am probably never going to use and commanders I don't want (by buying the bundle), or gambling away by buying containers and possibly getting duplicates of any of the commanders that I do not want. F*** that, seriously.

they probably wants to sell containers...

at least it is granted to have access to 1 commander... there are companies doing a lot worse than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,389
[WOLF8]
Members
7,118 posts
6,095 battles
3 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

 

there are some camos outside the bundle...

i think later, until the end of the years belfast will be available again.

Yes, there are camos outside the bundle. And? What does that got to do with the captains bundle? I want to buy the 3rd wave set of captains, but I'll be forced to also purchase a camo that is unusable for a lot of people, including me. That's the problem here. So what does the camos being offered outside got to do with it?

You think Belfast will be offered later again? Are you sure? Your proof? Source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[WOITL]
[WOITL]
Members
13 posts
5,810 battles
8 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

they probably wants to sell containers...

at least it is granted to have access to 1 commander... there are companies doing a lot worse than that.

Oh yeah, it is definitely about them wanting to sell their lootboxes.

And yes there are worse companies out there, but imo that doesn't mean you can't call them out for it. Because there also a  lot of better examples, including for example WG itself during the first AL collaboration which (albeit in typical WG fashion a bit pricey) was done pretty well.

Edited by SiIo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
791
[FORM]
Members
1,426 posts
10,316 battles
19 minutes ago, UncannyTransmition said:

I'm not sure what they teach over in Russian business schools, but I'm fairly convinced that they have a cartoon villain with twirling mustache understanding of co-branding.

The thing that cracks me up most about the WG thinking is the doubloon bundles. There's literally NO discount for buying in bulk. Not 10% for buying $100, not 5%, not even 1% - but they list them all, like it is somehow special to buy them that way rather than using the "any amount" option. I would think they really would want for folks to invest money into doubloons so they're committed to having them to later spend - but nope, evidently not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×