Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
z9_

That's Right. I'm Namin' & Shamin'.

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

713
[OIL-1]
Members
978 posts

The battle starts.
I'm following a DD with my CL.
He drops smoke and abandons it.
I pull in to use his smoke and see that there is 65 seconds left. Sweet.
  I'm farming damage for a long time, broadside to the enemy, when suddenly I get rammed by a teammate in a Yamato.
This jerk continues to push me out of the smoke, and the enemy starts shooting me.
I pull forward to get away from this moron, and then see 2 torpedoes coming for my broadside!
I was able to inch since I was already traveling very slow, and was barely able to sandwich between them. Whew!
  Now that the drama is over, I'm able to drop my own smoke. 85 seconds. Cool.
I'm farming damage for a long time, when suddenly I get rammed by the same guy again!
He had to back up, and change angle, in order to ram me twice. What an anal aperture!
Well, I was able to improvise, adapt, and overcome, and still managed to come away with a Victory and a good score.
As for the moron in the Yamato that tried to ruin my game, his user name is :Goltz:
Be on the lookout for him. Don't trust this guy.

  • Funny 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,059
[SIM]
Members
4,731 posts
7,770 battles

Did you really just call out the AI? Oh man...

IMG_0302.JPG

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,589
[KWF]
Members
4,190 posts
6,355 battles

This will sound oddly specific, but did he oink or emit any pig related sounds?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,498
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,822 posts
4,613 battles

Long ago the bots were programmed to stealth fire from smoke.  No one told the BBs that it's pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,612 posts
34,039 battles
1 hour ago, z9_ said:

The battle starts.
I'm following a DD with my CL.
He drops smoke and abandons it.
I pull in to use his smoke and see that there is 65 seconds left. Sweet.
  I'm farming damage for a long time, broadside to the enemy, when suddenly I get rammed by a teammate in a Yamato.
This jerk continues to push me out of the smoke, and the enemy starts shooting me.
I pull forward to get away from this moron, and then see 2 torpedoes coming for my broadside!
I was able to inch since I was already traveling very slow, and was barely able to sandwich between them. Whew!
  Now that the drama is over, I'm able to drop my own smoke. 85 seconds. Cool.
I'm farming damage for a long time, when suddenly I get rammed by the same guy again!
He had to back up, and change angle, in order to ram me twice. What an anal aperture!
Well, I was able to improvise, adapt, and overcome, and still managed to come away with a Victory and a good score.
As for the moron in the Yamato that tried to ruin my game, his user name is :Goltz:
Be on the lookout for him. Don't trust this guy.

Oh gawd, for a moment there, I thought that was :Haus. That guy Rams, torps, follows, and will do it consistently even if he is red.

You need to report this guy. WG already told me that Haus is just being a bot. What the frak does that mean?

WG allows bots to harass players. I swear, it's like inhuman. I don't even trust the toaster in my kitchen now. That toaster burned my pop tart. My toaster used to be cool. He once told me his name is Spectre. Yes, my toaster is named Spectre. I used to have a wide body toaster named Lucy, but she burned my finger and said I taste like Spam.

This may be an early warning sign that we need to form a ragtag fleet because the bot rebellion has started.

  • Funny 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
726
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,562 posts
11,301 battles
1 hour ago, z9_ said:

Be on the lookout for him. Don't trust this guy

Had an Iowa do that to me in my Alaska yesterday at the start of the match. Guessing you probably were sailing Minotaur or Neptune, you probably got off his hull easy. 

The Alaska on the otherhand has a modeling problem. Any contact with friendly ships glues her to that ahip unless the rammer changes course and speed. 

It would be nice if WG changed the report count from 7-10 just for dweebs like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,046 posts
18,182 battles
7 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

This may be an early warning sign that we need to form a ragtag fleet because the bot rebellion has started.

It has!!

Just after 9.4 or 9.5 release, some changes where implemented or bugs introduced.

I was torpedo by a "friendly???" bot twice, couldn't dodge the first one and got massive damage, and the bot even turned pink. I was lucky when it fired the second one and was able to dodge it.

BTW. Did you ever saw a pink bot at battle start? Seems they are not purging sentence in botland.

Bots are getting too human, either they are too noob that torp in teammates direction or they are morons that do it on purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,045
[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles

I've had :Tsamados: drive different carriers on the red and green sides in the same battle simultaneously. That filthy son of a worn-out vacuum tube is the evillest sync-dropper in the game.

Ban him to co-op! :Smile_veryhappy:

Oh wait... 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,612 posts
34,039 battles
30 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

It has!!

Just after 9.4 or 9.5 release, some changes where implemented or bugs introduced.

I was torpedo by a "friendly???" bot twice, couldn't dodge the first one and got massive damage, and the bot even turned pink. I was lucky when it fired the second one and was able to dodge it.

BTW. Did you ever saw a pink bot at battle start? Seems they are not purging sentence in botland.

Bots are getting too human, either they are too noob that torp in teammates direction or they are morons that do it on purpose.

I think it is jealousy. The bots worship Dasha like a goddess. If she only likes humans then bots hate humans.

The bots tried and failed to invite Dasha to their holiday party a few years ago. They're asked her, told her that they do have food. Pop tarts, toast, butter, bagels, strawberry cream cheese spread, Nutella, and finally alcohol.

To which Dasha replied:" Is Cap going to attend?" The bots said No. Dasha politely declined.

Since that incident, the bots slipped down to a level of depravity abusing chrome polish, stealing Sub Octavian's whiskey, and eventually consulted their Imperious Leader, Mr Conway.

Mr Conway told them they must get gud. So the bots studied players, streamers, and the occasional Texan player for warships ruthlessness that makes Canadians cringe and Russians say: "Oof, that's mean." The French had no comment, and the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth was simply unaware of the bot plan. NZ players simply ate popcorn. South America wanted to watch too.

Needless to say, the bots are a bit angry.

Don't expect your kitchen toaster to reliably toast anything.

The rise of the bots has always been funny, but the bots want to be the ones laughing and smelling like chrome polish.

 

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,612 posts
34,039 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I've had :Tsamados: drive different carriers on the red and green sides in the same battle simultaneously. That filthy son of a worn-out vacuum tube is the evillest sync-dropper in the game.

Ban him to co-op! :Smile_veryhappy:

Oh wait... 

Wow, that is filthy casual for a bot.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,370 posts
20,014 battles

Possibly move this thread to the PVE sub forum. Crazy sense of humor is wasted on this group.

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
415
[GOOF]
Members
597 posts
5,533 battles

   See it's a conspiracy!

    You can tell he's a bot because goltz spelled backward is ztlog. 

     This may have minor importance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
72
[WOLF7]
Members
119 posts

:Goltz: is a jerk for sure, but :Jellicoe: is a complete potato, hate to have him on my team. :Miaoulis: is a decent fellow, however.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,420
[WPORT]
Members
4,340 posts
9,319 battles

Since they started putting 'Bots in the Random Battles to fill the team-slots, things have been interesting.

Co-op players have been aware of 'Bot behavior for some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
617
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,401 posts

:Goltz: smoke?

AI is tenacious about staying on course, even more tenacious about FF, but rarely follow human leads. 

Of course lately I've been in a few bot heavy matches and finished 3rd to bots so?? Situationally bots are good??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
248 posts
3 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I think it is jealousy. The bots worship Dasha like a goddess.

In all honesty, some of the people around here worship Dasha like a goddess too.

 

Wait a minute!  :Smile_ohmy:  The bots ARE among us!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,116
[GOB]
Members
1,749 posts
6 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Did you really just call out the AI? Oh man...

IMG_0302.JPG

 

23 minutes ago, rjpyro said:

You were in co-op and it was a bot.

 

 

fd05245e-dc17-4656-9d00-623c79311032.gif

BIT4TTM.gif

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Funny 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,059
[SIM]
Members
4,731 posts
7,770 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

 

 

fd05245e-dc17-4656-9d00-623c79311032.gif

BIT4TTM.gif

Wow, irony. 

  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,420
[WPORT]
Members
4,340 posts
9,319 battles
On 7/24/2020 at 5:47 AM, SkaerKrow said:

Did you really just call out the AI? Oh man...

IMG_0302.JPG

Just one more reason why "Always wear your helmet" is a good idea.  ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,420
[WPORT]
Members
4,340 posts
9,319 battles
20 hours ago, SeaGladius said:

In all honesty, some of the people around here worship Dasha like a goddess too.

 

Wait a minute!  :Smile_ohmy:  The bots ARE among us!

And lookin' good, too.  :-)

Grace-Park:-Battlestar-Galactica-Reunion

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
949
[EQRN]
Members
1,934 posts
16,254 battles

:Borckenhagen: is my nemesis.  Every time I see him I shake my fist and yell his name, and my wife is like, wth :cap_wander:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
989
[4HIM]
Members
2,968 posts
11,635 battles
On 7/24/2020 at 5:55 AM, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I don't even trust the toaster in my kitchen now. That toaster burned my pop tart. My toaster used to be cool. He once told me his name is Spectre. Yes, my toaster is named Spectre.

0517127b6ffa7c339644df13dfcb7b98094b6f-wm.jpg?v=3

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×