Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MegadethLAH

Audio rework adds insult to injury

5 comments in this topic

[LAH]
[LAH]
Members
31 posts
10,909 battles

So, after a few weeks of 9.6 the verdict is in for the audio rework:

It completely sucks. 

1) Why do I want to hear huge compressed bass sound FX when I hit enemy ships? Its confusing (I instantly feel like I am being hit) and its stupid (why do I need my hits to pound my ears with a punishing bass spam?)

2) The aircraft audio channel is way over prioritized, it just makes these damn CVs even more annoying than before, with this silly tinny buzzing sound overwhelming the other sounds coming in. Why would you do that?

3) I can turn down most of this audio spam (and it is just that, noise). But the one most freaking annoying new sound is that stupid buzzing noise when turrets turn. What the hell where you thinking? Do you thinks this cheap sound FX is going to make me feel like I am in some bad assed ship? Or that this noise gives me vital information? It just ruins the ambience, it sounds like a goddam electric can opener, not a 10 ton + turret? And I cant freaking turn this effect off through the settings!!!  How the hell is making these dumb sound design decisions?

Edited by MegadethLAH
spelling
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,547 posts
33,845 battles

I tune most of it out in settings. WG knows my settings and they are well aware it is not something to be desired.

But at least you don't hear player comms. 😏

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,062 posts
25,226 battles

The new sound is Terrible..................I did not think that they can make it worst ................................ 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,623 posts

I can't stand their constant insistence on including the stupidly irritating sound of Tinnitus they continue to insert into every single update. 

The stuff complained about hitherto and above? Attribute it to young minds on staff who have yet to destroy their hearing though loud bikes, loud stereos and loud life. 

[WOLFG]
Members
8,830 posts
7,293 battles
1 hour ago, Tachnechdorus said:

The new sound is Terrible..................I did not think that they can make it worst ................................ 

They have an entire dev staff dedicated to making it sound worse.

Sign in to follow this