Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cheyenne_Xu

Racial hate speech become more and more popular?

17 comments in this topic

[OVO]
Members
1 post
3,349 battles

This is a battle in the early morning of 7/24. A user made some racial discrimination remarks in the chat window, then he got into an argument with another player, making lots of political remarks

Here is some of his remarks:

"Coward chinese, it isn't a f**king asian server"

"Spot (*stop) eating a bat"

It is very clear what he/she said is racial hatred remarks, he discriminates chinese and asian people.

I hope the operater of WOWS NA can pay attention to such kind of racial discrimination.

The world needs love

/////

Sorry for showing the user name, thank you for reminding me of the rule. User names are removed from pics and topic

20200724044032_1.jpg

20200724043720_1.jpg

20200724043930_1.jpg

Edited by Cheyenne_Xu
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 4
  • Meh 4

[OIL-1]
Members
934 posts

Yo. Mr. 1 post. Read the forum rules. You can't do that.

• Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
11,470 posts
22,341 battles

Only thing I am going to comment on in this OP is to say you would be wise to remove the pics showing names in the chat as well as your text specifically naming a player. That is a violation of the no naming and shaming policy on these forums and YOU will get in trouble for it. If you find what was said objectionable and racist contact Customer Support and submit a replay or the pics above to them. THAT is how it is handled. Can't post that stuff on the forums or as said YOU get in trouble.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
4,724 posts
7,770 battles

You report this kind of behavior using the in-game reporting function, and by sending a ticket to WG support (with screenshots). What you've done here is a forum violation. Scrub your post of any information that identifies another user.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,803 posts
4,606 battles
48 minutes ago, Cheyenne_Xu said:

Racial hate speech become more and more popular?

To address your question:  You tell us how a single instance of apparent bigotry indicate an increase in bigotry?  Eh?  Are you asserting that there was none before?

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Members
2,706 posts
93 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

To address your question:  You tell us how a single instance of apparent bigotry indicate an increase in bigotry?  Eh?  Are you asserting that there was none before?

The playerbase shifted that bigotry to CV players as of late

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Boring 2

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,922 posts
11,400 battles

Have I noticed an uptick - yes. Albeit it's hard to tell who's serious and who's a moron that just wants attention and to stir trouble, and once they start with politics who's entrenched on one side or the other as option 3. Report, for severe infractions submit ticket with screenshots and replay if possible, and move on. 

People have been stuck indoor for months, people want someone, anyone to blame, and it's an election year just to add to the fun and the mudslinging and disinformation. Honestly kinda wished they just disabled the NA server chat every 4 years cause it got like this in 2015-2016 too.

• Cool 1

Members
1,578 posts
33,920 battles
1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

The playerbase shifted that bigotry to CV players as of late

Indeed. I may have to start a career in adult film. I will not get any complaints, just compliments and a really nice back end deal in sales.

I do sail other ships. But at least the name calling is mild. It's mostly pervert, meanie, Darth Vader's rear orifice,🤣 etc.

[-VT-]
Members
751 posts
23,855 battles

Chinese yes he did cross a line, Asian's in general not really the was talking about the server.  Words matter and yes that player is most likely someone with "internet courage".   If you reported it and submitted the reply they will take care of it within their rule structure I am sure. 

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,063 posts
25,244 battles

People have thin skin and short fuse in these times.........................

• Thanks 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts

For future reference, ensure replays are on. This captures the match for just such instances.

You'd be surprised how many people change immediately when reminded of replays. (I do believe recently the game was modified so by default, replays are on). 

SO...

1) Personally on critters like this, I don't waste my time on in-game reporting.

2) Create/open a ticket with WoWS/WG Customer Service. 

3) In clear, precise language, explain the issue. In this instance I would have said "Player racist remarks, then engaged another play in derogatory terms. Starts >< Thanks.

4) You attach the replay file to the ticket BEFORE you send it. Normally, you will find it in \Games\World_of_Warships_NA\replays on the drive where you installed the game. 

5) Go on your merry way.

I generally black list the player so I can keep track of how many A-hulls I've had to put tickets on, then I clear them out every year or so. Also you'll want to visit that replay folder, maybe weekly, to clear it out. I highly recommend NOT turning off replays. They're a great insurance policy. 

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts
3 hours ago, Cheyenne_Xu said:

This is a battle in the early morning of 7/24. A user made some racial discrimination remarks in the chat window, then he got into an argument with another player, making lots of political remarks

Here is some of his remarks:

"Coward chinese, it isn't a f**king asian server"

"Spot (*stop) eating a bat"

It is very clear what he/she said is racial hatred remarks, he discriminates chinese and asian people.

I hope the operater of WOWS NA can pay attention to such kind of racial discrimination.

The world needs love

/////

Sorry for showing the user name, thank you for reminding me of the rule. User names are removed from pics and topic

20200724044032_1.jpg

20200724043720_1.jpg

20200724043930_1.jpg

dont be shy. the world really needs love. you can play whenever you want as you know your problem will just be ping. I already seen some chinese names.

Welcome aboard.

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
895 posts
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Indeed. I may have to start a career in adult film. I will not get any complaints, just compliments and a really nice back end deal in sales.

I do sail other ships. But at least the name calling is mild. It's mostly pervert, meanie, Darth Vader's rear orifice,🤣 etc.

you still doing poetry.

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
16,565 battles

I think there is a lot of tension between China and other nations that play on this server.  For better or worse, some people want to blame anyone else for their mistakes, rather than accept the fact that they need to get better.  I don't see that tension abating anytime soon, in fact more conflict rather than less seems inevitable.  You can report those people who make derogatory remarks about your country ( bigotry is not the same as racism, China is a country, not a race ), but that won't do too much in the long term.  You could transfer back to the SEA server as an alternative, you probably won't be getting grief for being from China there.

[SBS]
Members
5,387 posts

I wouldn't assume the person is a racist.  For example, there is some long lingering animosity with some countries and France for their surrendering in WWII.  They call the French cowards, and all other manner of names.  It has nothing to do with race, its just (misplaced) animosity.  As you are certainly aware tensions are running high between China and many countries around the world.  There is reason for animosity that have nothing to do with race.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,324 posts
14,210 battles

For fairly obvious reasons, the first being that the Forum is not a place for this kind of discussion, this thread is concluded. As has been pointed out in the conversation, the correct response to misbehavior in chat in the game is to report it and file a support ticket. By default, all replays are currently enabled and placed in a replay folder on the drive to which the game is installed.