You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fifi_Macaffee

Gaming Controllers?

4 comments in this topic

[SEA-7]
Members
135 posts
4,135 battles

Does anyone use them instead of the mouse / keyboard combo? 

I am perfectly fine with the mouse / keyboard for the usual dd, bb, ca, cl play but when I try CV the keyboard feels extremely clumsy, and I was wondering if an old school joystick or controller would work much more organically with the aircraft controls and would give it a nice "arcade" feel. 

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
742 posts
1,641 battles

Kinda curious if one of those gamecube controllers with a USB adapter would work in wows.......... no one will mess with the man who brings his own gamecube controller to wows tournaments 

• Funny 1

[-ARM-]
Beta Testers
987 posts
10,040 battles
4 hours ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

Does anyone use them instead of the mouse / keyboard combo? 

I am perfectly fine with the mouse / keyboard for the usual dd, bb, ca, cl play but when I try CV the keyboard feels extremely clumsy, and I was wondering if an old school joystick or controller would work much more organically with the aircraft controls and would give it a nice "arcade" feel. 

I suspect that the whole CV rework debacle was ignited by some executives wanting to push CVs into a more console friendly adaptation. The old RTS U.I. for CVs basically demanded using a mouse and keyboard, but this new interface is so basic that an Atari controller is sufficient for full control. The fact that WoWS has a console version may have pushed the "need" for the new interface to allow the use of CVs with a console controller, and therefore allow console players to use CVs and hopefully, for WG, buy premium CVs.