You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Big dumb battleships that sail in straight lines...

23 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,813 posts
13,108 battles

...and the value of DD guns in a team approach.

Drama! Action! Derpage! Self-Immolation! See it all here!

(And okay, yes, bragging rights. I don't think I'll have a DD game as high-scoring as this one for quite some time to come.)

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,258 battles

Where? I need those types of BBs in opposition. Which chart (map)? Where are they headed? I'll get my torping DD to intercept them. Speed boost time.

[SIDE]
Members
4,112 posts

Hella game buddy!! Really nice support work. Also, that's quite good commentary. Is this something you do regularly? Hopefully a lot of people watch it and get questions they might be afraid to ask answered. Some thunda from down unda?

Edited by thebigblue

[WOLF6]
Members
1,685 posts
5,247 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

(And okay, yes, bragging rights. I don't think I'll have a DD game as high-scoring as this one for quite some time to come.)

Great game and nice commentary! Shame we didn't have the same team cooperation you had there when we divved. Again can't wait till you get the new setup and the streams improve.

The best part was still when the Dunk killed itself.

I'm starting to agree with you that CVs need to be there to keep DDs in check. Look at this filth for first ranked battle of the season. Didn't do nearly as well in the busted E afterward.

You should model yourself on the Flamu and proclaim how busted and questionable everything is :Smile_veryhappy:

yang.jpg

yang2.jpg

Edited by Sumseaman

[ARGSY]
Members
18,813 posts
13,108 battles
8 hours ago, thebigblue said:

Is this something you do regularly?

I'm building up to it. Earlier experiments (and this one to some extent) have been bedevilled by technical issues, mostly a 3 year old laptop that's struggling to encode the video, but I've been fiddling with the graphics settings to get this result, which is more acceptable than some of the others. Better hardware should follow sometime this year, but the actual process of starting up a replay, doing the commentary and uploading it to YT is pretty much down pat now.

8 hours ago, MollyGodiva said:

Thanks for the strategy commentary, it is helpful to us newbies.

You're welcome. 

8 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

You should model yourself on the Flamu and proclaim how busted and questionable everything is 

Thank you, but no. The world doesn't need more of that. I respect Flamu as a player immensely, but I would not be surprised to find archaeologists staring at the inscription on his tombstone in 5000 years and asking each other what "F*** potatoes; it's absolutely f*** broken" means. :Smile_trollface:

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,385 posts

Works great as a strategy - in most COOP games where AI lemming trains you - most. The more secondary spec you are and the more torpedoes you have the better your odds.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,813 posts
13,108 battles
6 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Works great as a strategy - in most COOP games where AI lemming trains you

How much experience do you have in co-op?

I've done the big dumb battleship thing in co-op to see what happens. I wanted my three co-op games in the PTS for the low hanging fruit to be as easy as possible last night, so I thought why not?

It doesn't end well. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,385 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How much experience do you have in co-op?

I've done the big dumb battleship thing in co-op to see what happens. I wanted my three co-op games in the PTS for the low hanging fruit to be as easy as possible last night, so I thought why not?

It doesn't end well. 

I do it a lot in the Tirpitz, Alsace, Jean Bart. The key is to know when to advance, and to know when to sail backwards for some bow tanking. Unless the entire enemy team is coming at you you can get some good kills, major damage, and definitely wrap up large chunks of secondary hit missions.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,685 posts
5,247 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Thank you, but no. The world doesn't need more of that. I respect Flamu as a player immensely, but I would not be surprised to find archaeologists staring at the inscription on his tombstone in 5000 years and asking each other what "F*** potatoes; it's absolutely f*** broken" means. :Smile_trollface:

Epitaph EC. An inscription upon a tombstone is an epitaph. :Smile_veryhappy:

Seriously though yes Flamu is a great player, offers great benefit in regards to information but is alas a minor rager. This also makes the Flamu very enjoyable to watch.

To truly be a streamer you need to embrace your inner RNG rage.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,813 posts
13,108 battles
23 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Epitaph EC. An inscription upon a tombstone is an epitaph.

Remember, this will be in the far future. The archaeologists won't know its significance at first. :Smile_veryhappy:

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,328 posts
5,233 battles

I love it when BB's bow tank. 

This is what happens when I'm in a British CV:

image.png.29ca633aa75bd29125c998aec5bb3c4a.png

[GOOF]
Members
592 posts
5,511 battles

Iove these bb captains they make my Italian torps a real pleasure.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,685 posts
5,247 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Remember, this will be in the far future. The archaeologists won't know its significance at first. :Smile_veryhappy:

:Smile_veryhappy: Indeed they won't! That is until they exhume the remains and construct an immortalising wax effigy.

When you get your new rig be sure to get a green screen too. You haven't truly stream raged until you have rammed one up against a wall with your desk chair.

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
1,646 posts
5,891 battles

Big dumb battleships that sail in straight lines...

Same guys that later come to the forums saying DDs are way to OP. 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,813 posts
13,108 battles
33 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Same guys that later come to the forums saying DDs are way to OP. 

The real problem was that having failed to find me in the East, the CV pilot then did not redirect his efforts to where I actually was.

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
878 posts
5,760 battles

Had a match this morning. I'm in a Shima and I'm leading the pack as a spotter. The red DD sees me and I'm lit up for 3 3BBs and 2 cruisers within 10 km. I smoke, vanish and launch a full spread at a Thunderer who was parallel to me. He never changed course, didn't alter speed... nothing. He eats 6 torps and goes boom. Then the guy starts yelling in chat like what happened was a complete mystery. I pointed out that seeing a Shima and then sailing in a straight line = predicable death. I guess he never got the memo. We ended up losing 3 ships and they lost all. 

[SBS]
Members
5,378 posts
1 hour ago, grorg said:

Iove these bb captains they make my Italian torps a real pleasure.

I hate these guys, they are only ever on my team... :Smile_sceptic:

@Ensign_Cthulhu Are you streaming tonight?

Edited by Slimeball91

[ARGSY]
Members
18,813 posts
13,108 battles

Likely not. Too angry at teammate stupidity and selfishness to be trusted on-stream. Co-op tonight has been full of jerks.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
430 posts
18,512 battles

Thanks for posting the replay, Ensign!  The narrative should be a must listen for all moving up to the higher tiers.  That was great, and the battle was a good carry on your part.

But the best thing for me was finding out how to pronounce 'Cthulhu'.  :Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
18,813 posts
13,108 battles

Okay, feeling better now, let's do this thing. 

[NWS]
Members
246 posts
6,439 battles
On 7/24/2020 at 2:04 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...and the value of DD guns in a team approach.

Drama! Action! Derpage! Self-Immolation! See it all here!

They obviously don't have the right cmdr skills on, making their armor  weak,. i sail bb's all the time and 90% of the time survive in battle.

• Cool 1