You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

CV ranked

35 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
187 posts

CV in all games today so far. Given there's only 7 ships per team, this - as always - makes for a crapgame. Good CV player auto-wins.

Can we have all these CV drivers duke it out in 7 v 7 CV players please? It would allow the rest of the install base to play an enjoyable ranked season w/o them and the CV players can enjoy the presence of each other on equal terms.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 2

Members
1,157 posts
33 battles
Just now, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Right after all AA cruisers get their own separate game too. I would like to enjoy my CV games without them getting ruined by AA... 

How about you just become better at playing CVs instead? Then AA will become a trivial annoyance at best.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Members
1,639 posts
Just now, El2aZeR said:

How about you just become better at playing CVs instead? Then AA will become a trivial annoyance at best.

Some of us can deal with CVs in the game. Other's are on a crusade to remove and spend more time in the forums trying to make that happen then actually playing. I would ask you for some pointers but not sure if you had a whole lot of time to play this year in between posting.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
524 posts
11,905 battles
12 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

CV in all games today so far. Given there's only 7 ships per team, this - as always - makes for a crapgame. Good CV player auto-wins.

Can we have all these CV drivers duke it out in 7 v 7 CV players please? It would allow the rest of the install base to play an enjoyable ranked season w/o them and the CV players can enjoy the presence of each other on equal terms.

Good CV player does not equal auto win.  The rest of the team makes a big difference whether you like it or not.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,623 posts
1 minute ago, 6Xero9 said:

I wanna see many Kaga vs many GZ! 

My guess is it would be a slaughter if the Kaga's stuck simply to their TB. 

[SPTR]
Members
3,765 posts
764 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

My guess is it would be a slaughter if the Kaga's stuck simply to their TB. 

That would depend on co-ordination. if there was none? Who knows the results. Also, GZs would only really need to focus on air defense as they cruise within secondary range.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,623 posts
18 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

You know I feel this is, in many ways, a troll post. Let me clarify.

You are in essence stating the team with the best carrier gets an auto win. So all the other players on the CV's team are useless, contribute nothing? 

You then go further to imply you can only enjoy ranked if carriers are not present? :cap_haloween:

You too funny. Too funny. :cap_win:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,623 posts
Just now, 6Xero9 said:

That would depend on co-ordination. if there was none? Who knows the results. Also, GZs would only really need to focus on air defense as they cruise within secondary range.

Potentially a better question is could you find enough active GZ players at any given time? I rarely come upon them playing T8 Kaga. 

[TBB]
Members
375 posts
3,514 battles

Jokes. 

Better CV does not always win. Team effort.

Good Luck

[SPTR]
Members
3,765 posts
764 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Potentially a better question is could you find enough active GZ players at any given time? I rarely come upon them playing T8 Kaga. 

I stick to co-op with my GZ for the simple reason that my planes are too lackluster to see the light of PvP... I swear the DBs on it are less useful than a Jean Bart with both main guns broken...

[A-I-M]
Members
2,721 posts
20,895 battles

I would prefer a format like this Invitational without CVs. 

Its actually interesting to watch, there are things like strategy and surprise; positioning is actually important. 

Then imagine inserting a CV. Everything on the map spotted within a minute or so, DDs gradually hunted down and eliminated, and the game reduced to a campfest of DPM and RNG.

Sorry to interrupt the tenor of the thread with a note of hope.

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
Members
6,709 posts
14,546 battles
20 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Some of us can deal with CVs in the game. Other's are on a crusade to remove and spend more time in the forums trying to make that happen then actually playing. I would ask you for some pointers but not sure if you had a whole lot of time to play this year in between posting.

You've only played a single game this year. It was in a GZ. Change my mind. 

[UNNAT]
Members
1,112 posts
5,878 battles

Ranked without CV would just devolve into whatever side's DDs were less mentally handicapped like always. At least with CVs the other ships matter.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[GOOF]
Members
592 posts
5,511 battles
30 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Right after all AA cruisers get their own separate game too. I would like to enjoy my CV games without them getting ruined by AA... 

Interesting thought, why if it was a CV only battle like midway you wouldn't have to worry about cruisers and their destroyable AA mounts. Why you could launch planes repeatedly for twenty minutes Wich in no way means infinitely.

Then your statement would be unnecessary.

Members
1,290 posts
1,286 battles
47 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

The funny thing about that is, us cruiser players would have no problem with that. I could play 7v7 cruisers all ranked season and those matches would be just fine with me. Cruisers don't have to rely on hanging out in a corner of a map and preying on targets that can't shoot back at them. But if they really did 7v7 CV matches, you guys would just have a miserable boring time.

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift

[INTEL]
Members
12,478 posts
34,645 battles
11 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

7v7 GZ sounds hilarious though.

Somewhere there must have been a clan that did it in a training room match.

[SIDE]
Members
4,109 posts
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Why does he need to get better? According to you carrier AA is completely ineffective and laughable. Perhaps AA is fairly effective after all and in some instances some skill and strategy is actually required by carriers to succeed against it? 

Edited by thebigblue
  • Meh 2

[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,062 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Good CV player does not equal auto win.  The rest of the team makes a big difference whether you like it or not.

no but it does SIGNIFICANTLY tilt the balance in the favor of one team. 

More importantly, a DUMB CV tilts the balance in favor against his own team. 

You can have any other ship type go AFK and the team can still have a good chance to win. But if your CV is incompetent or if it goes AFK your team is almost guaranteed to lose.... the only chance of winning lies in the incompetence level of the other side's CV. 

Its just painful to get into ranked and see these dumb as brick CV drivers ignore the red DDs and dont scout and dont do anything other than mindlessly bomb the same ship over and over until they run out of planes and then complain about how the team didn't carry him to a win. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,623 posts
9 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

You can have any other ship type go AFK and the team can still have a good chance to win. But if your CV is incompetent or if it goes AFK your team is almost guaranteed to lose.... the only chance of winning lies in the incompetence level of the other side's CV. 

Its just painful to get into ranked and see these dumb as brick CV drivers ignore the red DDs and dont scout and dont do anything other than mindlessly bomb the same ship over and over until they run out of planes and then complain about how the team didn't carry him to a win. 

Wow, you must have had a bad match or two recently, eh? 

Want me to tell you about the "dumb as brick <fill in the blank> drivers I've seen ignore the red <fill in the blankk> and don't <FITB> and dont do anything other than mindlessly <fire/shoot/HE/AP> the same ship over and over until they <get sunk/run/hide/teamkill/etc? then complain how the team didn't carry you to a win. 

Gosh, I seem to have to be fixing a lot of these posts recently. 

• Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,430 posts
18,535 battles
1 hour ago, Tekina_ said:

Ranked without CV would just devolve into whatever side's DDs were less mentally handicapped like always. At least with CVs the other ships matter.

Funny, because the previous seasons of ranked, the ones without CVs, weren't like that at all. What are you basing that statement on, if I might ask?

45 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

7v7 GZ sounds hilarious though.

You'd think so, but after having watched a few 12 vs 12 Tirpitz matches when she was first introduced, I can tell you the fun is very short lived. It is followed by complaints about how RNGeezus totally hosed over one players secondaries while endowing that players opponent with secondary guns that never miss, complaints about fire (a staple with large ship captains), and a lot of salt filled crying jags about how the world as a whole just ain't fair.

I'm pretty sure 7 vs 7 GZ matches would be very much the same, other than the initial "running away to hide" move would be accomplished even faster than it was with BBs.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
524 posts
11,905 battles
31 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

The same can be said about any ship but especially DDs.  Have you not noticed that a team that loses their DDs fast usually ends up losing?  Why do you think it is so important to take out the DDs fast?  It is because they are so influential to the match.  

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,138 posts
37 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

Mostly they're trying to farm to save a star, seen alot of that last two days. Now that being said I've also been in a few games , in fact just came out of one, where the CV actually supported the team. In none of those matches would the CV have saved his/her star if we'd of lost in fact 2 of them were at the bottom of the list 'ON THE WINNING TEAM' , to me thats the important thing.

Edited by bosco1111