You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeadIyArT

Kitakami what resource will it be?

Kitakami what resource will it be?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. what resource will it be?

• Coal
    • Free Xp
    • Steel
    • Research Bureau
    • Beacon

60 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,705 posts
3,929 battles

We have zero idea. The ship is barely in the initial testing phase, chances are WG themselves don't know yet.

My guess is it might be an event ship, as it's a rather interesting concept ship.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,891 posts
8,841 battles

Salt

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,679 posts
14,007 battles
15 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We don't know, but personally, I see her being Research Bureau Bait.

That is my guess as they are trying hard to get people to use it with I think limited success.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,719 posts
22,633 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That is my guess as they are trying hard to get people to use it with I think limited success.

"Kitakami" is a community legend.  You'd be hard pressed to find bigger RB Bait than her.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,679 posts
14,007 battles
12 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

"Kitakami" is a community legend.  You'd be hard pressed to find bigger RB Bait than her.

Very true but I see balancing it as being right up there with balancing subs because that balance sweet spot is tiny and will be hard to hit which is why they gave up back before the game was officially launched.

Edited by BrushWolf

[PISD]
Members
1,113 posts
4,977 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Even Shikishima, the pseudo Super Yamato, did not succeed. Kitakami may be their last chance to make the RB used.

[PISD]
Members
1,113 posts
4,977 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Very true but I see balancing it as being right up there with balancing subs because that balance sweet spot is tiny and will be hard to hit.

The issue is: that balance will not be consistent. Place a CV and Kitakami will be next to neutered. No CV and 1-2 dd? She will be a god in the middle of mortals. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,517 posts
11,005 battles

whatever it is, it wont be worth it, they can do whatever they want to it, but it wont change the fact that its a Kuma hull in a tier spread where basically everything is going to overmatch it regardless of how much it tries to angle, only 4 guns that even DDs will laugh at and be able to beat in a gun fight, and its one trick of having 40 torps thatll get old extremely quick, not to mention the amount of Team damage thatll come of it if WG truly plans of bringing it in without doing something about team damage, Kitakami is possibly the first, and best, example of a one trick pony in this game, all it has going for it is having 40 torpedoes, thats it, it brings nothing more to the table

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,679 posts
14,007 battles
Just now, Y_Nagato said:

The issue is: that balance will not be consistent. Place a CV and Kitakami will be next to neutered. No CV and 1-2 dd? She will be a god in the middle of mortals. 

Hard to say on how badly a CV will hamstring her as we have no idea on what kind of AA suite they will give her.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,679 posts
14,007 battles
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

whatever it is, it wont be worth it, they can do whatever they want to it, but it wont change the fact that its a Kuma hull in a tier spread where basically everything is going to overmatch it regardless of how much it tries to angle, only 4 guns that even DDs will laugh at and be able to beat in a gun fight, and its one trick of having 40 torps thatll get old extremely quick, not to mention the amount of Team damage thatll come of it if WG truly plans of bringing it in without doing something about team damage, Kitakami is possibly the first, and best, example of a one trick pony in this game, all it has going for it is having 40 torpedoes, thats it, it brings nothing more to the table

Actually the Kitty is the perfect example of why team damage should be in the game to force players to pay attention to where their ordnance is going.

[PISD]
Members
1,113 posts
4,977 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Hard to say on how badly a CV will hamstring her as we have no idea on what kind of AA suite they will give her.

Well, judging from the preview she have Shimakaze level of AA. Sure she got a quick smoke, but AP rocket will shred it quickly.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,517 posts
11,005 battles

its a Kuma, theres not much they can do to give that good AA

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,517 posts
11,005 battles

Actually the Kitty is the perfect example of why team damage should be in the game to force players to pay attention to where their ordnance is going.

reminder that its ability to produce more team damage than damage to the enemy was the reason it was taken out of the game in the first place, people still cant be trusted with torps today, about 4-5 years after Kitakami, itll just be more of the same

Edited by tcbaker777

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,679 posts
14,007 battles
4 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

its a Kuma, theres not much they can do to give that good AA

Fantasy, give it 40mm's instead of the 25mm's which historically were not very good being on par with the US 1.1"/75 aka the Chicago Piano.

3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

reminder that its ability to produce more team damage than damage to the enemy was the reason it was taken out of the game in the first place, people still cant be trusted with torps today, about 4-5 years after Kitakami, itll just be more of the same

Balance was the real reason as eventually the player either learns to use the torps responsibly or they end up banned to co-op for long periods of time. Every version they tried was either over powered or under powered.

Edited by BrushWolf

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,719 posts
22,633 battles
38 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Very true but I see balancing it as being right up there with balancing subs because that balance sweet spot is tiny and will be hard to hit which is why they gave up back before the game was officially launched.

I think people are willing to put up with Tier IV Kuma in Tier VIII if they can flood parts of the map with as many torps as Kit Kat can :Smile_teethhappy:

WG is probably banking on CVs reigning in what she can do.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[INTEL]
Members
12,500 posts
34,729 battles

I would say Research Bureau since lots of veterans dislike that. It would be a good way to get people to grind that.

Looking forward to the 12v12 Kitapocalypse

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,719 posts
22,633 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I would say Research Bureau since lots of veterans dislike that. It would be a good way to get people to grind that.

Looking forward to the 12v12 Kitapocalypse

"Dodge this you filthy peasants!" :Smile_teethhappy:

[LWA]
Members
1,094 posts
13,309 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We don't know, but personally, I see her being Research Bureau Bait.

this^^^

WG wants more players to "come to the dark side" of the game by resetting the tech tree and populate the lower tiers.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
53 posts

Isn't the 5 years comming up very soon? I wonder if it will be a part of that.

[WOLF9]
Members
477 posts
17,049 battles

I would vote for RB, but what about dockyard?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,517 posts
11,005 battles
17 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

"Dodge this you filthy peasants!" :Smile_teethhappy:

194.png

the original has a word thats censored on the forums just so you know