Sign in to follow this  
kyesac

Stupid Question regarding screenshots - what keys

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
472 posts
17,003 battles

And is there a place / site that lists all of the key combos in the game?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,566 posts
17,903 battles

In settings, controls.

Members
1,562 posts
33,845 battles

It's Windows key alt print screen. But that varies with OS.

Apple is different. Also your card might have some nice features. Look at your card settings.

[WOLF7]
Members
103 posts
47 minutes ago, kyesac said:

And is there a place / site that lists all of the key combos in the game?

OK, if you want to take a screenshot, press alt + print screen. This saves the image to your clipboard. If you want to keep the image for posterity, the method I prefer is to paste the image into a Word document and save it that way. 

Also, if you want nice, clean, and clear pics of ships in your port, you need to hold down the right mouse button, get the angle/distance right for the pic, and then while still holding down that RMB, press alt+ print screen. Now paste the photo as desired.

• Thanks 1

[NSC]
Supertester
2,319 posts
23 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

OK, if you want to take a screenshot, press alt + print screen. This saves the image to your clipboard. If you want to keep the image for posterity, the method I prefer is to paste the image into a Word document and save it that way. 

Also, if you want nice, clean, and clear pics of ships in your port, you need to hold down the right mouse button, get the angle/distance right for the pic, and then while still holding down that RMB, press alt+ print screen. Now paste the photo as desired.

This is a great, comprehensive answer. 1 more thing: All screenshots are automatically saved in the "screenshot" folder of the game (e.g. D:\World_of_Warships_NA\screenshot).

[PVE]
Members
11,453 posts
22,307 battles

Just FYI on my system (Dell PC w/ Windows 10) it is CTRL + Print Screen not ALT+. You may need to experiment to get the right combo.

[DBRIS]
Members
552 posts
10,245 battles

Depends on OS and PC. My main laptop is Win 10 Lenovo. WIN key + PrtSc will save it to images/screenshots. My tablet is Win 10 but uses ALT+PrtScrn.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,030 posts
13,919 battles

Odd, for me it is just Print Screen, always been like that.  Wonder if it is a Win 10 Pro thing... :cap_hmm:

If you want to take a screenshot during a match with a "clean screen", the default key binding (at least for me) is CTRL+J.  It will hide the GUI for some nice shots.  As I mentioned, for me the screenshot key is simply Print Screen, and it saves the screenshot to a screenshot folder in the WoWs directory.  If you want to hide the gui in Port, as others have mentioned, just hold down R-Click and find your desired angle.  Then hit (for me) Print Screen.

To find your Control Settings, either hit ESC or click on the double gear icon that is on the very top left of your port screen, go to settings, then controls.

Sign in to follow this