Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

A Rock, paper, scissors tale

8 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
3,380 posts
3,274 battles

My daughter used to play this version of Rock, paper, scissors called something like ... Rock, paper, scissors or whatever. They literally could pick whatever their imagination comes up to and throw it at the other kid. They went on like "I'm a tank" while the other kid said "I´m a tsunami, I can drown your tank", they had a lot of fun with ever increasing and more powerful selections (power creep I know). One day my girl wanted to play with me and I was just not in the mood so picked a Black Hole, beat that!. Next time I saw the kids playing they were all picking Black Hole, it was not easy for the kids to come with a counter to a friggin Black Hole but they neither wanted to lose to a Black Hole, quite the dilemma. In short time the kids got bored and stopped playing the game.

Some time later they were playing yet another version of Rock, paper, scissors. it was literally called... Rock, paper, scissors or whatever except Black Holes.

This story is true.

P.S. Yeah, I know this will get moved to Off-Topic Misc as always, but consider for a moment this might be a parable for something game related.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,573 posts
17,913 battles

I know of Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock ...

FIUAIWEI7Q0TCUT.LARGE.jpg?fit=bounds

Edited by Lert
  • Haha 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,693 posts
3,916 battles

I feel like there's a WOWS lesson for WG in here...:Smile_hiding:

Members
1,578 posts
33,920 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

My daughter used to play this version of Rock, paper, scissors called something like ... Rock, paper, scissors or whatever. They literally could pick whatever their imagination comes up to and throw it at the other kid. They went on like "I'm a tank" while the other kid said "I´m a tsunami, I can drown your tank", they had a lot of fun with ever increasing and more powerful selections (power creep I know). One day my girl wanted to play with me and I was just not in the mood so picked a Black Hole, beat that!. Next time I saw the kids playing they were all picking Black Hole, it was not easy for the kids to come with a counter to a friggin Black Hole but they neither wanted to lose to a Black Hole, quite the dilemma. In short time the kids got bored and stopped playing the game.

Some time later they were playing yet another version of Rock, paper, scissors. it was literally called... Rock, paper, scissors or whatever except Black Holes.

This story is true.

P.S. Yeah, I know this will get moved to Off-Topic Misc as always, but consider for a moment this might be a parable for something game related.

Actually, your daughter is very imaginitive for coming up with that.

The lesson I get from that is there are perceived counters, but using your imagination, or adapting to a certain situation, can also help you succeed.

I think your daughter likes to think outside of the box. She will grow up to be an unstoppable determined human being.

I know a few people like that.

Sometimes, you have to improvise. Or be very creative and clever to win a match.

Some players like to be consistent with their combat doctrine, but that also means no innovation.

Innovate and players know you are dangerous.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,380 posts
3,274 battles
12 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I think your daughter likes to think outside of the box. She will grow up to be an unstoppable determined human being.

I really hope so, that's what we've been training her to be.

[--K--]
Members
6,710 posts
14,554 battles
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I really hope so, that's what we've been training her to be.

Good luck in the teen years. 

[SBS]
Members
5,387 posts
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Great post.  +1 to you.

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,380 posts
3,274 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Good luck in the teen years. 

Yeah I know, we're almost there. Strong will is a double bladed sword, but we wouldn't want it other way.

Sign in to follow this