Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

New Clan Base features on PT

6 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Supertester
2,320 posts

I noticed on the PT (which just opened up) today that in addition to the Treasury expansion and and new "Research Institute" announced on the Dev Blog, there are two Clan Base features I previously didn't notice.

The first (and I think cooler one) is "Battle Fleet at Anchor". Clans start with a tiny fleet of 2 ships and progress to a giant flotilla with several battleships and then a carrier depending on the number of Clan Battles played.

(Hmm... does this mean a single carrier and 3 cruisers is stronger than battleships? Compare Expansions 6 and 7 yourself.)

image.thumb.png.0aaa1fe424095e90450c68005966ca16.png
->
image.thumb.png.ae3a91be1d44e85c06bd5068688b404d.png
->
image.thumb.png.779639fafa73e94bbec8b9b686673d28.png

There is a bug with Expansion 6. 2 ships are visibly cropped. @Gneisenau013.

The second is "Auxiliary Fleet":

image.thumb.png.2464d0895cfa063d87d6cb1a91ed7aa1.png

I think the 12,000 battle requirement is a bit high for "Auxiliary Fleet." For a full clan with 50 players, each player needs to play 8 battles a day in a 30-day month to attain the last expansion. But maybe this is on purpose. (I usually play enough to collect 2 daily containers.) Too bad I can't scroll further to the right. (Also, personally, I think 750 Clan Battles per season is a bit high too. I am less familiar with how many battles top clans played in past seasons though I have not seen a clan with over 350 battles/season.)

Good luck with your battles!:cap_rambo:

Edited by henrychenhenry

[TBW]
Members
9,957 posts
16,768 battles

I am sure that everyone was waiting for this especially before fixing Operations or making any new ones. WG's thinking perplexes me.

• Haha 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,746 battles

Pretty sure those were announced, but too lazy to go look :)

[NSC]
Supertester
2,320 posts
12 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Pretty sure those were announced, but too lazy to go look :)

Thanks for the post! I missed this on the dev blog:

image.thumb.png.44ea836ac84f2e71e1acfbea5a2eab43.png

And this from https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-097/, updated today:

image.thumb.png.a91c86a436f9f80a48fe4b198e6a3fd4.png

It's not very descriptive, so I feel those screenshot examples I included are nice and not found elsewhere.

[SALVO]
Members
3,355 posts
3,274 battles

Is this cosmetic or has any use and purpose?

[NSC]
Supertester
2,320 posts
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Is this cosmetic or has any use and purpose?

I think it's purely cosmetic. I haven't seen any benefit from these two features yet.

(The expanded Treasury and and new "Research Institute" require a combined 535,000 oil to fully upgrade and after that, unlimited oil can be spent through the expanded Treasury to purchase "More resources", "Try your luck", or Super Containers for all clan members. As a result, I don't foresee any more clan base changes in the near or even long-term future short of a new resource being added.)

Sign in to follow this