Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
leeuniverse

Dasha Perova "language" issue... No English! ONLY speaks Russian.

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
55 posts
618 battles

I have my audio settings for English and Commander Dasha Perova it appears no matter the country you've purchased her for ONLY speaks Russian.
This needs to be fixed, I have no clue what's going on...

BTW, since I'm talking about Audio to you, I would recommend an Audio change all through Wargaming, WOT, WOWS, WOWP etc. for English.

- Could you make English be with the "Accent" of the country in question?
In other words, a Russian with a Russian Accent speaks the English for a Russian Ship, Tank, etc.
If it's a British Ship, Tank, etc. they speak with a British English Accent.
German Accent speaking English, etc. etc.

Replace the current English with this redone multi-ethnic English audio.  Thanks

  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
879
[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
7,033 battles

This is no different than any of the 'special' Commanders who feature voiceovers of known characters. They speak in whatever language they themselves use. 

 

I would suggest you simply note when something is said and look for what might be the cause. You know you will get a message when the game starts, when an enemy is spotted, when torpedoes are spotted, ect. Just look for what is most likely the cause of a message at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,744
[TBW]
Members
9,953 posts
16,768 battles

Dasha doesn't speak English, would you want her voice over interpreter to do the audio? Either get your own interpreter or learn Russian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
782 posts
21,801 battles

If you just want to understand what is being said, you can reset her voiceover audio to "Ovechkin (EN)." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[-AF-]
Beta Testers
506 posts
7,181 battles
13 minutes ago, leeuniverse said:

Replace the current English with this redone multi-ethnic English audio.  Thanks

And what about American English?  What if the Captain is from the Northeast?  The Midwest?  The South?  New Orleans?   West Coast?   Do they need these too?  :Smile_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,970
[WOLFG]
Members
8,830 posts
7,293 battles
9 minutes ago, Altwar said:

And what about American English?  What if the Captain is from the Northeast?  The Midwest?  The South?  New Orleans?   West Coast?   Do they need these too?  :Smile_popcorn:

Dasha with a Cajun accent?

I'm down with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
324
[TF16B]
Modder
613 posts
757 battles

Heh...Dasha captain but with the voice over voice?! That would be amusing to hear. Dasha: "The ship is on fire!" in Russian. Two seconds later Dasha VO: "The ship is on fire!" in English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[WOLF7]
Members
103 posts
19 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Dasha with a Cajun accent?

I'm down with this.

What about Bostonian accent? "pahk da cah in havahd yahd". 

North Dakota accent? "ope, your ships on fire dere, ya you betcha!"

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,245
[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,168 posts
25 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Dasha with a Cajun accent?

I'm down with this.

You know where this leads...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,970
[WOLFG]
Members
8,830 posts
7,293 battles
5 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

You know where this leads...

 

Whoa.  No one said anything about banjo music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,244 posts
4,969 battles
58 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

You know where this leads...

 

How dare you good sir. How dare you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,794
[SALVO]
Members
24,224 posts
24,554 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Dasha doesn't speak English, would you want her voice over interpreter to do the audio? Either get your own interpreter or learn Russian.

While I tend to think that what the OP is asking for might be prohibitively expensive for WG, just a point.  It's possible for good actors to speak lines in a language without actually knowing the language.  The actor would be merely sounding out the words without actually knowing what they mean or knowing the language in question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,191
[SYN]
Members
5,875 posts
13,296 battles
3 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

I have my audio settings for English and Commander Dasha Perova it appears no matter the country you've purchased her for ONLY speaks Russian.
This needs to be fixed, I have no clue what's going on...

BTW, since I'm talking about Audio to you, I would recommend an Audio change all through Wargaming, WOT, WOWS, WOWP etc. for English.

- Could you make English be with the "Accent" of the country in question?
In other words, a Russian with a Russian Accent speaks the English for a Russian Ship, Tank, etc.
If it's a British Ship, Tank, etc. they speak with a British English Accent.
German Accent speaking English, etc. etc.

Replace the current English with this redone multi-ethnic English audio.  Thanks

She has very limited English, so it makes sense that she only speaks Russian.  Putting in someone else's voice as an accented English translation defeats the point of having her as a character in the first place and, IMO, would be a bit silly.

Vozmozhno, vam sleduyet nauchit'sya govorit' po-russki.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Kuckoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,744
[TBW]
Members
9,953 posts
16,768 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

While I tend to think that what the OP is asking for might be prohibitively expensive for WG, just a point.  It's possible for good actors to speak lines in a language without actually knowing the language.  The actor would be merely sounding out the words without actually knowing what they mean or knowing the language in question.

Bela Lugosi I think didn't know English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
782 posts
21,801 battles
56 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Bela Lugosi I think didn't know English.

That is an exaggerated myth.  Lugosi emigrated to the United States in the early 1920s.  He had a role on a Broadway in which he performed his lines phonetically, but by the time that he landed the role of Count Dracula in the 30s he had learned English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,744
[TBW]
Members
9,953 posts
16,768 battles
1 minute ago, HamptonRoads said:

That is an exaggerated myth.  Lugosi emigrated to the United States in the early 1920s.  He had a role on a Broadway in which he performed his lines phonetically, but by the time that he landed the role of Count Dracula in the 30s he had learned English.

I should have added, at first. He did learn English rather quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×