Sign in to follow this  
dad_70

game launcher update today, now cannot log in.

6 comments in this topic

[JN316]
Members
6 posts
6,941 battles

So, anyone else have this problem? I ran the 'check and repair' utility, and still same problem...

Wondering if other user are having similar game issues? Please comment.

Cheers Commanders!

p.s. Also sent the following rant to support just now;

Game becomes unresponsive after either an update of the game center or the game itself. I get notified that an update has been installed, and then when I sign in and launch the game, it stalls at 'logging in' message and the circle stops spinning and just sits there with background music playing.

This never happened to me under the old method of launching the game without the game center, so I think it is related to the new requirement of using the game center. Like many other WG users, I hate being forced to use the game center, and the frustration it is causing me is motivating me to uninstall this game and move on to something else. The uncertainty that WG has created among its long-term player base (like me) during the past year or so is the main reason that I have chosen to stop spending real money in this game. The introduction of more CVs (and subs coming) when so many players who have been with the game for thousands of battles are against these 'improvements' causes negative sentiment among veteran players. These technical problems are just more fuel to that fire. Please fix the basic stuff first and listen better to your seasoned players. Have you noticed how few DDs are in mid to high tier games these days, for example? Last night I was in que with 46 BBs, but only 4 CV, 6 CA and 4 DD. This is typical and shows the game is more unbalanced than ever. Please pass this on and address the veteran player's concerns.

• Cool 1

[JN316]
Members
6 posts
6,941 battles

ok, so now, 1 hour later, I was able to log in without any other action having been taken. Maybe was a server problem this morning when my 3 login attempts resulted in program being unresponsive?

[WG]
Developers
244 posts
8,889 battles

What kind of error were you getting at the time of having this iissue?

Members
7 posts
416 battles

It has happened to me several times as well.      I will also click on Armory and get a message it is unavailable to try again later.

[JN316]
Members
6 posts
6,941 battles
On 7/24/2020 at 8:44 AM, pOPE_oF_dOPE_714 said:

I have the same issue and cannot log into game. did you ever get a response or a fix?

The response to my ticket on the issue of unable to log in was:

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support.

According to the information we have at the moment the game server has been working in the normal mode. 

I'm sorry to hear that the Game Center app makes you feel negative but would like to inform you that by itself Game Center should not affect the game performance in any way. It seems like a temporary network problem that couldn't connect with the Game Center app.

As I said in my follow up post, it seemed ok about an hour later, but now today I'm unable to log in again. I launch it from the Game Center (log in, then click 'PLAY" and the loading screen (short CV splash screen) and music starts, then it says 'waiting for authorization' and next it says 'logging in' and the 'waiting wheel' starts to spin then stops and the program sits there with background music playing, but no further action. When I open "task manage" in Windows, it shows the game as 'not responding' and I have to force it to close.

I played last night with no log in problem, then woke up the PC this morning and had this log in failure and frozen program 3 times in a row. I restarted the computer after the second time, and tried again... fail!

So, just now (fourth attempt today) I ran the Game Center integrity check with no issues reported, and tried to log in again, and this time it loaded.

When it goes unresponsive while attempting to log in, there is no error message returned. It just sits there with music playing and 'logging in' message on screen with the 'wheel' stuck in one position. It's a real mystery.

I've been playing this game for more than 2 years, but never had so much trouble getting the game to start. Hope they can find and fix the problem.

Sign in to follow this