You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Felipe_1982

Gascogne , Champagne , Kii , Alabama , Massachusetts

12 comments in this topic

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts

Hello!

I was trying to search builds for some premium BBs. 

My first question is regarding Gascogne (1/1.000.000 players use it).

I have a Massachusetts with secondarie build (captain 14 yet) and i am making Tirpitz the same. This one is farily easy, but i dont reduce the fire time neither the chance to ship get fire.

I know Gascogne cant do the same as germans and USN.

How may i build her? Commander and upgrade slots

Usually on BBs like Massa, Tirpitz, i use:

1 - Priority target 
2 - Manual Fire control
3- Expert marksman
4- Basic fire training
5- Superintendent
6- Advanced fire triaining

I know for Amagi, Ignis, Ragnarok i cant build secondaries... And even further, on French premium line it is like a 3rd branch...

I have: Ignis Purgatio/Ragnarok, Gascogne, Alabama, Massa, Tirpitz, Kii, Georgia, Champagne.
Edited by Felipe_1982
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
4,190 posts
6,355 battles

Survivability, stealth these are the classic BB skills to pick, especially if you consider that all MN BBs are covered in juicy 32mm plating.

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts
12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Survivability, stealth these are the classic BB skills to pick, especially if you consider that all MN BBs are covered in juicy 32mm plating.

I was using Survivability and people told me it just fits for DDs... (or basics of survivability?)

Concealment expert????:cap_wander_2:

[RKLES]
Members
12,468 posts
14,190 battles

When in doubt I have gone with PM, EM, AR, BFT, SI, CE, and AFT for BBs. Now I will swap out skills depending on if a BB needs more specialized skills.

And Manual Secondary skill is not useful on Kii as the secondary guns are not long ranged enough to make such a build all that useful. But skills like BFT are good for added AA which the Kii can do well with thanks to those dual purpose 100mm guns putting out some good AA Flak. For more info on Kii I highly recommend reading the Kii Review made by @LittleWhiteMouse

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

Members
4,324 posts
9,311 battles
1 hour ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I have: Ignis Purgatio/Ragnarok, Gascogne, Alabama, Massa, Tirpitz, Kii, Georgia, Champagne.

I have Kii, Massachusetts, Tirpitz and Jean Bart.

I'll enclose my Captain Skill's personnel files.  My choices don't have to be your choices, and vice-versa.  It is just for comparison.  Also, I experiment sometimes, too.  

shot-20_07.23_11_52.55-0197.thumb.jpg.acb28329b5ac2333ddccebe52a27e556.jpg
shot-20_07.23_11_53.12-0862.thumb.jpg.6560eab18d409b041e91c677f62f9067.jpg
shot-20_07.23_11_53.30-0617.thumb.jpg.c922da7da06094f5bec08aea34cf4ac4.jpg
shot-20_07.23_11_53.55-0102.thumb.jpg.0df22e018eb2603cc508113398c806b9.jpg

[TBW]
Members
9,984 posts
16,784 battles
1 hour ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Gascogne was made for Operation Hermes and now Hermes is gone, alas she is but a snowflake of her former self.

I would run Jean-Jacques Honore with a semi secondary build (not manual) if I was going to use it in Ranked.

Since Ranked is really just grinding ships most of the time, I would use a ship that you need to grind, if you have any tier 8's you are working on.

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts
22 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I have Kii, Massachusetts, Tirpitz and Jean Bart.

I'll enclose my Captain Skill's personnel files.  My choices don't have to be your choices, and vice-versa.  It is just for comparison.  Also, I experiment sometimes, too.  

shot-20_07.23_11_52.55-0197.thumb.jpg.acb28329b5ac2333ddccebe52a27e556.jpg
shot-20_07.23_11_53.12-0862.thumb.jpg.6560eab18d409b041e91c677f62f9067.jpg
shot-20_07.23_11_53.30-0617.thumb.jpg.c922da7da06094f5bec08aea34cf4ac4.jpg
shot-20_07.23_11_53.55-0102.thumb.jpg.0df22e018eb2603cc508113398c806b9.jpg

You have some cool captains.

Why not expert marksman?

Members
4,324 posts
9,311 battles
34 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

You have some cool captains.

Why not expert marksman?

Thank you.

Skill points are expensive.  Expert Marksman is one I can live without in most cases. 
I use it on some builds, especially on ships with slow turret rotation.  :-)

[UN1]
Members
1,066 posts
3,406 battles
On 7/23/2020 at 10:23 AM, Felipe_1982 said:

Hello!

I was trying to search builds for some premium BBs. 

I have a Massachusetts with secondarie build (captain 14 yet) and i am making Tirpitz the same. This one is farily easy, but i dont reduce the fire time neither the chance to ship get fire.

I know Gascogne cant do the same as germans and USN.

How may i build her? Commander and upgrade slots

Usually on BBs like Massa, Tirpitz, i use:

1 - Priority target 
2 - Manual Fire control
3- Expert marksman
4- Basic fire training
5- Superintendent
6- Advanced fire triaining

I know for Amagi, Ignis, Ragnarok i cant build secondaries... And even further, on French premium line it is like a 3rd branch...

I have the Gascogne and I've played her full secondary quite a few times. My personal opinion is don't even bother with a secondary build. 

For one, French secondary performance against battleships was gutted with the IFHE rework. Battleships are kind of the most important target for your secondaries so this is pretty significant. Gascogne is certainly a far superior secondary ship to the Richelieu, but underperforms next to its T8 competition. 

Secondly, French secondaries need IFHE to truly function, which means 18pt captains minimum. Sure, you can go full fire starter build, and even pump out some semi-decent numbers, but this is deceiving. Fire damage is fully healable so it's not as effective as straight pen damage, and you need IFHE to do that. 

Thirdly, Gascogne does have decent secondaries, yes, but everyone compares to Alsace, even if they don't realize it. Alsace has MUCH higher secondary DPM (about 60% higher), and one of her turrets is bugged making it way more accurate than it should be, which further inflates its performance. Effectively, the Alsace is almost twice the secondary DPM of the Gascogne once you take into account the insane accuracy of one of her 6" turrets. And even THEN, the Alsace doesn't parse anywhere near what she once did. All the French secondary capable ships parse about 40% less damage output against battleships compared to what they used to. It's a travesty, because...

Fourthly, French mounts die off real fast. 

Nowadays, she's just a better armored, but less potent Champagne. Play her with a full survival build and don't look back.

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts
2 hours ago, Ranari said:

I have the Gascogne and I've played her full secondary quite a few times. My personal opinion is don't even bother with a secondary build. 

For one, French secondary performance against battleships was gutted with the IFHE rework. Battleships are kind of the most important target for your secondaries so this is pretty significant. Gascogne is certainly a far superior secondary ship to the Richelieu, but underperforms next to its T8 competition. 

Secondly, French secondaries need IFHE to truly function, which means 18pt captains minimum. Sure, you can go full fire starter build, and even pump out some semi-decent numbers, but this is deceiving. Fire damage is fully healable so it's not as effective as straight pen damage, and you need IFHE to do that. 

Thirdly, Gascogne does have decent secondaries, yes, but everyone compares to Alsace, even if they don't realize it. Alsace has MUCH higher secondary DPM (about 60% higher), and one of her turrets is bugged making it way more accurate than it should be, which further inflates its performance. Effectively, the Alsace is almost twice the secondary DPM of the Gascogne once you take into account the insane accuracy of one of her 6" turrets. And even THEN, the Alsace doesn't parse anywhere near what she once did. All the French secondary capable ships parse about 40% less damage output against battleships compared to what they used to. It's a travesty, because...

Fourthly, French mounts die off real fast. 

Nowadays, she's just a better armored, but less potent Champagne. Play her with a full survival build and don't look back.

can you please point your build? Even on modules?

I am really willing to play Gascogne, but i always had a weird performance with it.

I am used to Amagi, Massa, Tirpitz, Odin.

[UN1]
Members
1,066 posts
3,406 battles
12 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

can you please point your build? Even on modules?

I am really willing to play Gascogne, but i always had a weird performance with it.

I am used to Amagi, Massa, Tirpitz, Odin.

I play her full survival now.

Modules are mbm1, dcm1, asm1, dcm2, CE

Talents are PT, AR, EM, BoS, SI, CE, FP

For secondaries, trade out MBM2 for AAM1 (keep ASM1). Talents are PT, PM, AR, BFT, AFT, IFHE, MFCSA.

[NWS]
Members
16 posts
6,627 battles

Alabama, Tirpitz and Mass are amazing ships to play. But for battle ships you need your armor on first before looking at anything else, I always recommend these 3 ( below ), then usually follow with Basic Fire Training, Advanced Fire training and Expert Marksman.  Ever since knowing this, I've hardly had a poor battle in these ships. Without the first 3 at least, you won't last in battle . And the only other Versatility skill you need on would be Concealment,  having studied battleships for a long time, Last stand is mainly for one of the IJN battleships that was premium, and also Queen Elizabeth, which tends to stop completely, when engine is damaged, Not necessary otherwise.

1) Preventative Maintenance

2) High Alert

3) Basics of Surviveablility

• Cool 1