Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Big Mamie - Best for Ranked

13 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,659 posts
6,093 battles

Very dirst round under my belt.  Everything went as good as you could want.  Wish it was always this easy.  Anyhow, I think in most circumstances, the Mass is the best ship at Tier 8 for ranked.  And in general.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,183 posts
5,947 battles

Borderline OP BB.... Excellent torp protection, good secondaries and very good AA... worst BB at the tier to deal with as a CV,    No brainer and a big part of the reason the T8 ranked ques are flooded with BBs.   

[-BUI-]
Members
1,717 posts
5,126 battles

Other than choosing a CV yourself, yeah Mass is certainly my 2nd choice.

[SEALZ]
Members
840 posts
7,921 battles
14 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Borderline OP BB.... Excellent torp protection, good secondaries and very good AA... worst BB at the tier to deal with as a CV,    No brainer and a big part of the reason the T8 ranked ques are flooded with BBs.   

Also highly protected from AP DBs. And a quick heal. 

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
1,647 posts
5,891 battles
16 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Its fully OP in my opinion.  I say that because for me it vastly outperforms any other ship.  120 games deep with it and still 77% WR . No other ship can even come close for me .

However I don't bring it to T8 ranked.  With so many BBs around something like the Asashio  has far more influence then even the best BB. 

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,183 posts
5,947 battles
Just now, eviltane said:

Its fully OP in my opinion.  I say that because for me it vastly outperforms any other ship.  120 games deep with it and still 77% WR . No other ship can even come close for me .

However I don't bring it to T8 ranked.  With so many BBs around something like the Asashio  has far more influence then even the best BB. 

Well if you can manage your way around the CVs then of course Asashio should be having a  field day.  I got same player in one last night two games in a row...   I was in a CA in one of them and a CV in the other....  He dominated us both times.  Can't remember who it was?  I comp'd him the second game (my CV game), he was clever...  Staying close enough  to his BBs and keeping me from him, yet still picking his spots, and survived both games.    Glad to have not seen him again on a red team. .. not that it mattered?  I tried grinding  stuff in ranked last night and working on directives with KM stuff, was not a good night.     

[-K-]
Members
8,166 posts
13,463 battles

Is Massachusetts the best ship for Ranked?  For @NoZoupForYou, apparently yes.

But the best ship in Ranked is the best one you perform in, even if it something like Kagero, Ognevoi, or Monarch.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,355 posts
3,274 battles

On the downside, you have the queue time for bringing a BB... We all can't be playing BBs so I'll go with anything else.

[DOG]
Members
973 posts
11,076 battles
30 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Yeah, Asashio might be good choice.  Last tier VIII ranked sprint I started in Lightning for a few games, and had mixed results.  I switched to Massachusetts after the second time in a row a CV found me and decided I was his mission in life.  I ended up ranking out with s 90% win rate in the Mass, and I'm not the best BB driver.  Of course, being a ranked sprint, it ended up being less than 20 games total, so not really statistically significant.

This season I started in Mass, and won 2 out of 4.  Then switched to Lighting, and I've got 4 wins out of 6 games.  The AA is not bad - if you time it just right.  I got attacked by rocket planes in a game last night and waited until he started his attack run before turning on my AA.  Killed 7 planes almost instantly, and I wasn't in range of a friendly ship's AA.

Edited by zubalkabir

[-K-]
Members
8,166 posts
13,463 battles
8 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

This season I started in Mass, and won 2 out of 4.  Then switched to Lighting, and I've got 4 wins out of 6 games.  The AA is not bad - if you time it just right.  I got attacked by rocket planes in a game last night and waited until he started his attack run before turning on my AA.  Killed 7 planes almost instantly, and I wasn't in range of a friendly ship's AA.

Must've been a lucky flak burst, since Lightning's AA is nothing to write home about.  

Either way, nice work.

[PEEDZ]
[PEEDZ]
Members
541 posts
2,790 battles

Shame EVERY BB player on my teams have been utterly brain dead and useless. Every. Single. One.

[TBW]
Members
9,957 posts
16,768 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Very dirst round under my belt.

More than dust, less than dirt.
This piano is covered with dirst.
The place feels so. . .dirsty.
I'm afraid if I wipe with a damp cloth the dirst will turn to mud.

So, let me get this straight Zoup. You have a dirst round under your belt? I don't know what to make of that.

Just an attempt at typo humor, nice round good ship, I don't think she is necessarily OP, I only feel a little Dirsty when I play her, more than dusty but less than dirty.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,637 posts

@NoZoupForYou I heard / read somewhere you bailed on WoWS/CC stuff for a good break. I take it that was not a true statement?

Honestly can't think of when a Mass would not be the best choice at T8 ,especially if we didnt have queues to deal with... so I took Kaga (lmbo). 

Sign in to follow this