You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Ships you never see anymore

74 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts

While I see a Roma occasionally it's been years since the last time I saw one with the Schlitz beer can on top.

Gee, I wonder why that is.

s-l400.jpg

:cap_haloween:

Edited by TheGreatBlasto
Typo
  • Funny 1

Members
595 posts
5,440 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The only Neustrashimy I have seen last year is mine :Smile_hiding:.

I only have seen one Neustrashimy since they were released.  Sank it, too... But can't really say thats a ship I never see anymore, as thats a ship I never saw period.  For ships I don't see anymore, I would say Roma is getting pretty scarce and Gascogne is a myth these days.  I have both, but haven't touched Gascogne in ages and Roma I play less and less because its so aggravating to play.

Members
1,563 posts
33,869 battles

I got a Roma and that camo. It's just when I sail it, the drunk players rub up on me trying to grab the can. Some of them swear in Italian, others just want to get frisky because I am the beer BB.....

It's not beer, it's an ornament.

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
887 posts
32 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I got a Roma and that camo. It's just when I sail it, the drunk players rub up on me trying to grab the can. Some of them swear in Italian, others just want to get frisky because I am the beer BB.....

It's not beer, it's an ornament.

there are soma Roma running but soon will have her clone sister Littorio. 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,577 posts
33,825 battles

Can you imagine when the BBQ starts on Roma and the beer can boils. WTH came up with that monstrosity. Boiling beer!

[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts
1 hour ago, Uncle_Lou said:

I only have seen one Neustrashimy since they were released.  Sank it, too... But can't really say thats a ship I never see anymore, as thats a ship I never saw period.  For ships I don't see anymore, I would say Roma is getting pretty scarce and Gascogne is a myth these days.  I have both, but haven't touched Gascogne in ages and Roma I play less and less because its so aggravating to play.

How come you don't play the Gas Can anymore? I know nothing about her.

:cap_yes:

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,356 posts
9,460 battles
18 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

How come you don't play the Gas Can anymore? I know nothing about her.

:cap_yes:

Imagine a Republique without the overmatch, reload, alpha, with even worse accuracy.  BBs live and die by how good their guns are, and outside of Gascogne's nice handling its pretty much an awful ship.

I got one, played it 2-3 times, then silently nodded and never looked back again.

There are plenty of awful ships/premium ships in the game that WG neglects.  The truly funny part?  Someone will bust in here and go "bUt sERveR avERaGEs sAY iTs FiNE" which is truly ironic, because the whole spreadsheet memes are literally about this very... braindead mentality.  

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,166 posts
13,463 battles

Kitakami........oh, wait.

Nevermind.

Members
219 posts

I don't play many games down at tier 4-5 but do people see many Iwaki's anymore I don't recall the last time I saw one

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles
14 minutes ago, Crimson_Coyote said:

When I sail my Krasny Krym every one asks me if it's a test ship, same goes for my Poltava.

Yeah well the Krasny has a reputation for being just god awful and the Poltava, well the Lenin was already available so why buy a tier 7 premium when you can get a tier 8 premium for a fraction more...can understand why those two aren't very popular.

[KWF]
Members
4,169 posts
6,337 battles
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I was wondering who got one. ...

Not much interest in Stalingrad or Bourgogne, Black and Flint were indifferent at the time, so Neustrashimy seemed like an interesting choice that can consistently farm Dreadnoughts.

[Y0L0]
Members
594 posts
10,328 battles

Yukikaze is probably one of the rarest one to see... The only time I see one is when I'm feeling massochist enough to sail mine into 12km radars and Midway Tiny Tims with her 8km torps and 9km guns... Such amazing little ship that gets outranged by all radars except Salem's and Atalanta's... 

Even Vs Tier 6 ships any other Tier 8 DD would do better simply because if you miss your torpedos, you have to wait a stupid amount of time to get them back despite being short range weapons...

Also... What's the point on the Type 3 torpedos when French torpedoes exist? Almost same speed, also high damage but the French ones reload way way faster and they all have more launchers so more fishes in the water... Kebler can be played as a pseudo Benham with insane firepower while playing Yukikaze, Yugumo or Shima with those torps is almost for extreme massochists only...

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,040 posts
18,152 battles

I have my Arkansas as a really beautiful port queen. If I ever get her out for a sail, I will invite you all to the barbeque held on deck. BYOB. Bring your own beer.

• Cool 3

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
174 posts
7,882 battles

My Ark Beta is a port queen. No AA. None, zip, zero. 

Members
3,694 posts
21,952 battles
39 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Yeah well the Krasny has a reputation for being just god awful and the Poltava, well the Lenin was already available so why buy a tier 7 premium when you can get a tier 8 premium for a fraction more...can understand why those two aren't very popular.

Krasny is not awful at all. Play her strengths and you piss off a lot of BBs...lol. DDs also don't like getting within 10 km of it either.

• Cool 2

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,040 posts
18,152 battles
16 minutes ago, AldoRey50 said:

My Ark Beta is a port queen. No AA. None, zip, zero. 

feel you

[LSNB]
Members
13 posts
4,663 battles

I couldn't find any Harekazes or Montpeliers, Missouris, Flints, Nelsons, or the recent Journey to the West ships. Also, the Kutuzov looks like it practically disappeared, like the Belfast (which only appears in Ranked for some reason).

[WOLFB]
Members
3,102 posts
6,905 battles

Russian battleship Imperator Nikolai I  

I only see the one I own and people are always confused. 

[WOLFG]
Members
8,835 posts
7,308 battles

Now that the Mikoyan doesn't get anything extra for being played...............

[1984]
Members
3,932 posts
18,961 battles

Kamikaze. Who wants to play a ship dependent on concealment with an aa raring of 1 (or is it 0) against 2 cv?

Edited by monpetitloup