Kuckoo

Multiple Disconnects Since 9.6

1 comment in this topic

[SYN]
Members
5,875 posts
13,296 battles

Getting multiple disconnects since 9.6 released.

One of the most consistent things I've experienced about this game was the reliability of the connection.  Pretty much flawless since I've started playing.  That changed in v9.6.  About every other time I log on I'm now experiencing a variety of connection issues with the game, including but not limited to:

1. Game failing to log on (waiting for the login to complete, only for it to stop and request another log-in)
  2. Game kicking back to the login screen shortly after the port main screen appears
  3. Game kicking back to the login screen while queued for a battle
  4. Game kicking back to the login screen the very moment the battle countdown ends
  5. Kicking back to the login screen during battle, sometimes after two or even three "log-back-in-agains" and resuming the battle
  6. Kicking back to the login sceen the very moment the battle ends (of after seeing a black screen with the leaderboard info and being immediately kicked back after clicking to return to port)
  7. Kicking back to login the very moment the port screen appears, if it doesn't crash from the no.6 description
  8. Kicking back whenever I sell a boat (either that, or I get a "Transaction Failure" notification and the "sold" boat stays in port, with its icon grayed out, but the game doesn't crash)
  9. Kicking back when attaching a signal, flag, or module
  10. Kicking back while selecting an random item or window while on the port UI screen

...and so on

The issue seems to trigger whenever I specifically select something via the UI when not in battle, and apparently at random while in battle.

I've done connection tests, temp checks, etc on my end and everything is working as it should.  My connection is more than fast enough.  No slowed connections, no lost packets, nothing is overheating, GPU, CPU, RAM are all at recommended spec or greater and are nominal.  I've refreshed the gateway, cleared caches, restarted the PC.  I''ve always manually selected an optimal DNS and using IPv6.  I usually have no more than eleven or twelve processes running simultaneously, plus WoWS.exe and the four additional process that the WGC adds - if I don't close it as soon as the login is complete.  I've deleted and reinstalled the game (I usually do this every other update anyway, problem or not).  The problem continues to persist, but only since 9.6 released and very consistently.

Furthermore, I experience absolutely no connection issues whatsoever when doing literally anything else that uses bandwidth, including playing multiple other online games, streaming, downloading, etc.  WoWS was never terribly demanding on my system or connection in the first place.  Again, I stress that the only time such issues occur is when I'm logged onto WoWS, and only since v9.6.  This has become almost a daily issue.

Thank you.

Edited by Kuckoo