You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Y_Nagato

What should be the next line to come in the game

What should be the next line to come in the game?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. As said in the title

• British battleships split
    • Japanese Battleship split
    • Japanese CL
    • German CL
    • Russian CV
    • Russian battleship split
    • Commonwealth cruisers
    • Kevin bacon on a bacon ships
    • Italian destroyers are a lie
    • Italian made pizza, not battleship

37 comments in this topic

[PISD]
Members
1,119 posts
4,983 battles

The title is fairly self explanatory.

British BB split: we have a full line until tier 7, albeit with a never constructed admiral class since Hood is in the game. And with ships like the G3 that could fit at tier 9 or even 10, it is an easy one. And Renown need to be in the game.

IJN BB split: with Ise, Kaga and many proto yamato out of the game, it ain’t that hard to place and would give more coherence in the IJN BB line (no more going from battlecruiser to battleship).

iJN CL line: somewhat easy to do up to tier 8 with the Mogami (tho, we may have to keep Mogami in its CA configuration only, and add Mikuma in the CL line). Pass tier 8 it would be mostly paper or creative ships, but it ain’t that hard to create.

German CL: Mainz kinda killed that possibility, but it also showed that it can be effective so who knows.

Russian CV and BB split: pretty sure that the Kremlin is filled with sketches of ship that would not stay afloat in real life but could be put in the game. If they did it with German CV, anything is possible.

Commonwealth had many ships, and it could be somewhat easy to create a CL line using the crawling smoke like the Perth. And we could get HCMS Ontario in it!

Italian BB and DD are like a boneless chicken wing: a myth. 

Edited by Y_Nagato

[RKLES]
Members
12,473 posts
14,190 battles

If they add RU CVs that might be when I have to quit as the high tier CVs would end up being MIG Jets... :fish_palm:

[PISD]
Members
1,119 posts
4,983 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If they add RU CVs that might be when I have to quit as the high tier CVs would end up being MIG Jets... :fish_palm:

I doubt they would go there, but I would be all in for dive bomber throwing Molotov cocktail. 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
120 posts
3,336 battles

Italian BB lines. Even if they don't get SAP like I was daydreaming, they still have enough to make a solid line. They also look gorgeous. Roma is a work of art, especially with the beer can on top. Mmmmmmmm........beeer.........

• Funny 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,031 posts
13,958 battles

Truthfully, I'd have gone with Italian BB's, but I'm very curious what they could do with IJN CL's so I chose that. :Smile_Default:

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,561 posts
11,301 battles

Your missing the Pan American option for destroyers and battleships. In addition, a Pan European Cruiser or BB line would be most welcomed.

• Cool 1

[JMMAF]
Members
2,033 posts
6,690 battles

Accadian Royal Navy !! It's LONG overdue, and frankly, am a bit surprised WG is not offering it as an alternate line of IJN ships. It could feature such OP gimmes as:

1) Rafts with stone throwers. The CC of ancient times. Powered by rowers, it's top speed would be 21 kts.

2) Dugout canoes with slingers. The DD of ancient times, powered by paddlers, top speed would be 22 kts.

3) Coracles with archers. The Sub of ancient times. Well, not really, but it would be by the time the battle started. Armament would be a moot point.

4) Leather boats. Powered by oars, armaments catapults, these puppies are the ancient world's hi speed BBs, with a top speed of 13 kts, and a range of 1 km. They made it all the way to NA, so there may be napkin brownprints.

5) Planked sailing vessels. There were the ancients worlds CVs, what with pigeons and hot air balloons used regularly. Although they surfaced after WW2, these beauties fit right in with the ships already in game. Featuring huge size, heavy deck armor, and powered by wind, they save propulsive energy to be used building aircraft so as to never run out...

Thank you for including this line in the possible choices in your poll !!  spud 

Members
521 posts
4,740 battles

Brit BBs (minus Thunderer) are pretty bad, so a split with some good ones would be welcome.

Italian BBs would be good too. 

No more RU BBs please, WG couldn't balans the first one. No RU CVs either, because you know they would have jets, anti-ship missiles,  and CIWS. 

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,315 posts
11,925 battles

Poll is biased. I do not see Easter Island CG line.

Members
1,607 posts
34,031 battles

Super Battle Carriers the size of Galactica would be cool.

Forget Russian bias, the Colonial Fleet rules the skies.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

Members
219 posts

Although I'm British I would be pretty unhappy if we don't get some more Italian ships before more line splits.

[XXX]
Members
465 posts
812 battles
8 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

The title is fairly self explanatory.

British BB split: we have a full line until tier 7, albeit with a never constructed admiral class since Hood is in the game. And with ships like the G3 that could fit at tier 9 or even 10, it is an easy one. And Renown need to be in the game.

Actually we have a full line to tier 10. I keep posting it with the hopes it will happen but...

Tier 3: Invincible.

Tier 4: Princess Royal (one of the Lion class BCs...no not the WG Lion, an actually historical design https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-class_battlecruiser).

Tier 5: Tiger.

Tier 6: Renown.

Tier 7: Admiral stock, planned J3 upgrades fully upgraded.

Tier 8: G3 Battlecruiser (406mm guns using the planned but never made superheavy shells for the Nelson).

Tier 9:  K3 Battlecruiser (3x457mm guns in the same wonky layout as the G3).

Tier 10: I3 Battlecruiser (3x457mm guns in a more sensible and traditional turret layout).

Edited by Yandere_Roon
  • Cool 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
18,176 battles

none of the above.

Italian BBs

Pan European lines

Pan American lines

Commonwealth lines

Just fill other lines before splitting existing ones

[PISD]
Members
1,119 posts
4,983 battles
1 hour ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Actually we have a full line to tier 10. I keep posting it with the hopes it will happen but...

Tier 4: Princess Royal (one of the Lion class BCs...no not the WG Lion, an actually historical design https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-class_battlecruiser).

Tier 8: G3 Battlecruiser (406mm guns using the planned but never made superheavy shells for the Nelson).

Tier 10: I3 Battlecruiser (3x457mm guns in a more sensible and traditional turret layout).

I was talking about ''real'' ships. G3, K3 and I3 were designed and G3 was even in process of procurement, but never lay down.  But yes, it would be an easy line to make with a clear identity: quick, poor armor and short fuse (since they are designed to hunt cruisers).

14 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Just fill other lines before splitting existing ones

If I kinda get you about the Italian, the other have some problem. First, outside of the pan european line, you will struggle to find original cruiser and, even worst, battleship design. Lot's of those ''navy'' use spare ships of the UK, US or Russia, something that we see in the Panasian DD. Meanwhile a battlecruiser line for the British would bring original ships with original game play.

4 hours ago, Bluemoon51 said:

Although I'm British I would be pretty unhappy if we don't get some more Italian ships before more line splits.

Italy since to be problematic for Wargaming. In all logic it should have been their turn to get a BB line, but they went with the US BB split instead. And now Littorio will be put as a premium, leaving only the Vittorio Veneto for the tier 8 slot. It feels like WG do not know how to bring them as a line, or that they push line from country where the game is popular and do some ''by putting in Ships from X country we will secure more player from that X country''.

[XXX]
Members
465 posts
812 battles
10 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

I was talking about ''real'' ships. G3, K3 and I3 were designed and G3 was even in process of procurement, but never lay down.  But yes, it would be an easy line to make with a clear identity: quick, poor armor and short fuse (since they are designed to hunt cruisers).

I'd personally not give them the short fuse AP gimmick nor the 1/4 HE pen the regular line gives but actually give them a gimmick that, whilst not historical, differs them from the main line by making them AP focused ships with good AP pen and good accuracy (more akin to Warspite/Thunderer style) but only 1/5 HE pen but trade off by being fast and lightly armoured for their tier.

[PISD]
Members
1,119 posts
4,983 battles
13 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

I'd personally not give them the short fuse AP gimmick nor the 1/4 HE pen the regular line gives but actually give them a gimmick that, whilst not historical, differs them from the main line by making them AP focused ships with good AP pen and good accuracy (more akin to Warspite/Thunderer style) but only 1/5 HE pen but trade off by being fast and lightly armoured for their tier.

give them : ''Beatty Reload Booster: while active reload twice as fast but suffer +200% chance of detonation''

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,972 posts
16,899 battles

If I were in charge of change, I'd start to add the "Cold War" aluminum ship lines with missiles.   First the 50's with converted WW2 ships, then the 60's with Aluminum builds and then the 70-90's.  

Why not?  We already have the Radar and fire control from 1969  !!!!

• Cool 1

[XXX]
Members
465 posts
812 battles
6 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

give them : ''Beatty Reload Booster: while active reload twice as fast but suffer +200% chance of detonation''

I think just them being lightly armoured with high citadels would do the job :P

[REKTD]
Members
195 posts
8,818 battles
2 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

I voted for Italian BBs; but I fully support this Royal Navy BB line split. These ships would be great.

HMS Tiger would be an awesome add. They could technically do a German line split to match, bringing in their equivalents at the battlecruiser line, such as Seydlitz / Derflinger, they already have a premium Mackensen.

• Cool 1