DolphinPrincess

A new strategy to win by focusing the biggest threat

56 comments in this topic

[O7]
Members
953 posts
3,816 battles

What it is: A triple div consisting of 3 destroyers working together to take out the biggest threat on the enemy team: the aircraft carrier.

How it is done: The div consists of 2 Kidds and 1 Akizuki, find the weakest link in the enemy team and fight your way to open a hole in the enemy formation to take out the carrier in the back.

How it works: The Kidds in the division will be the bulk of the fleet. Kidds have very high effective health and can spot/tank for extended periods of time. The two Kidds can also rotate their smoke for permanent coverage. Kidd also have enough AA power that when grouped up, can stop the strikes of T6 and inexperienced T8 carriers.

The Akizuki in the div is the vital VIP that uses the protection from the Kidds and is responsible for killing enemy ships quickly and effectively. This includes not only the carrier itself, but also the ships that may block the way.

Why it wins games: Aircraft carriers in world of warships have the highest impact in the game, taking out the enemy carrier means that you shut down the majority of the spotting of the enemy team and allows your team to perform on the flanks and strike the enemy from different angles. This is made especially tru since your division will be splitting the enemy in half and creating the crossfire in itself.

The cost of doing this is obviously cap control. Since you are grouping 3 destroyers in a single direction, this means that you will only get the single cap in that direction the forfeit the other two caps. However, the kills you get will easily have a net point swing large enough to make up the 1 less cap can tick. Additionally by pushing and splitting the enemy you can a massive amount of map control, this allows your ships to gain superior positioning and push out the enemy team to regain control of the caps.

Remember: You can always retake caps, but once a ship is sunk, it is sunk for the rest of the battle.

Step by step instruction:

First, you need to spec your captains correctly, this isnt much different than your normal random battle build.

For the Kidds, you want to take PT, PM, AR, LS, SE, BFT, SI, CE. It is a primarily support build, you want CE so you can spot the enemy destroyers, SI for extra heal with SE to tank for Akizuki, BFK for additional AA and power to assist if needed. Rest are obvious picks for any DD.

For the Akizuki, you want to take PT, PM, AR, LS, SE, BFT, DE, CE. So the big difference between this and a randoms build is the absence of IFHE. The reason is that the benefit of IFHE (which is crossing the 32mm pen), is mostly effective against BBs. The role of the Akizuki is not to farm BBs as BBs are not a threat to any of the DDs, its job is to mainly take out the cruisers (especially those with radar) so that the division as a whole can advance. 

The next step is to look for weakest part of the enemy team. Something that your division can fight and win against. Sometimes there wont be such a link for the first 5 minutes, in this case it is ok to wait and control the cap until a hole opens up naturally. 

The next step is to take out opposing enemy team destroyer that tries to contest the same cap if there is one. The idea is to have the Kidds about 1km in front of the Akizuki, because Akizuki have worse detection than the Kidds, you do not want to reveal your position to the enemy until all destroyers are in optimal engagement range.

The DPM of 2 Kidds and an Akizuki should be enough to take out any destroyer before it have a chance to slow down and smoke or turn away. It is critical that you must either sink the DD or deal sufficient damage to keep him away, otherwise the potential torps into your perma smoke will cause problems (unless its something with deepwater torpedoes)

Next is the path to the carrier. At this stage stealth is incredibly important. You do not want to set off alarms. Because once you kill the enemy DD and the CV realizes its not ideal to strike a blobed up division with 2 Kidds, you will be able to cut off the enemy team's spotting onto your div allowing you to make the move.

If any enemy is blocking the way or coming back to reinforce, this is where the Akizuki comes in. The Akizuki will smoke and the Kidds will open water gun boat the target (mostly as a decoy) while the Akizuki burns it down. Kidds will have to rotate and use their heals to make efficient use of their hp depending on the threat level of the target.

Finally comes the time to sink the carrier, this is where the Kidds will use their super long smoke activation times to draw a huge smoke that acts like a red carpet for the Akizuki to go thru as it fires on the carrier undetected. Remember some CVs are very well armored, such as the T10 CVs and the British CVs in particular, which will need the combined effort of the division to take down.

After you kill the carrier the enemy team is crippled, you can all go to a single flank and completely surround the enemy from the back or split to work on both flanks at the same time. The game should end in a easy victory from here.

When done correctly, this division can yield upwards of 90% win rate, a very effective method of carrying the typical random teammates.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 10
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,324 posts
14,210 battles

Here is a great example of a thread on tactics to meet the metagame. Note that there is no vitriol, no attacks on players or the company, only a reasoned examination of a tactical problem and tactics designed to address that problem.

I know we have had a lot of back and forth about this subject in recent days and some folk are feeling a bit raw. That's understandable. But if you approach a tactical issue with systematic, sound approaches, rather than attacking the people playing or the company itself with emotion, then the meta changes. It may be someone will come up with tactics to defend against this sort of thing, or the Devs even may take notice, as balancing efforts are going on behind the scenes all the time. 

Keep at it and good job to @DolphinPrincess for this guide! I look forward to trying this myself at some point in the coming weeks.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles
Just now, LancerUlysses said:

Here is a great example of a thread on tactics to meet the metagame. Note that there is no vitriol, no attacks on players or the company, only a reasoned examination of a tactical problem and tactics designed to address that problem.

I know we have had a lot of back and forth about this subject in recent days and some folk are feeling a bit raw. That's understandable. But if you approach a tactical issue with systematic, sound approaches, rather than attacking the people playing or the company itself with emotion, then the meta changes. It may be someone will come up with tactics to defend against this sort of thing, or the Devs even may take notice, as balancing efforts are going on behind the scenes all the time. 

Keep at it and good job to @DolphinPrincess for this guide! I look forward to trying this myself at some point in the coming weeks.

I agree we want the CVs sunk, not the players personally attacked. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts
9 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

You want my two cents as a CV player? No? Well here it is anyhow. 

First and foremost it is, in my opinion, inappropriate for you, as a "volunteer moderator", to comment in such a glowing matter that just yesterday was a very hot, very touchy subject on this forum.

You admit this - and yet you come out and applaud him? I'm sorry - did you applaud the same for carriers? I don't recall seeing if - however, if you did, I apologize. 

But my two cents says you should not have said it. Seems like you're trying to be part of it instead of standing off of it, not commenting and instead, you clearly support it. 

In my book that's not a position a moderator is meant to take. MODERATOR not commentator, nor analyst. I suggest you re-evaluate what it means to be a moderator on the WG/WoWS forums. If you are supported in this position, that's a bad day for balance. 

Have a great day. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 4

[MIA-I]
1,324 posts
14,210 battles
6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

First and foremost it is, in my opinion, inappropriate for you, as a "volunteer moderator", to comment in such a glowing matter that just yesterday was a very hot, very touchy subject on this forum.

You admit this - and yet you come out and applaud him? I'm sorry - did you applaud the same for carriers? I don't recall seeing if - however, if you did, I apologize. 

But my two cents says you should not have said it. Seems like you're trying to be part of it instead of standing off of it, not commenting and instead, you clearly support it. 

In my book that's not a position a moderator is meant to take. MODERATOR not commentator, nor analyst. I suggest you re-evaluate what it means to be a moderator on the WG/WoWS forums. If you are supported in this position, that's a bad day for balance. 

Have a great day. 

Herr_Reitz,

I get where you are coming from, and I am sensitive to the idea that I should not act on any personal bias that I, as anyone else here, may feel. Maybe I can explain where I am coming from.

As a Volunteer Moderator, I don't work for WG. And for the record, I own every CV in the game, I may not be very comfortable playing them, but I have nothing against any player who is doing their best in a tricky environment. I support CV players equally, and when and if subs make it into the game, though I'm not particularly good with them either, I'll definitely support their efforts to succeed and to have fun.

I am part of the community, I've played a few games, I am involved in testing ships and give feedback on what I find. I am allowed to have and to voice my opinions. I do that a lot less these days, but that doesn't mean I don't have them. I have not posted much on this subject because it is very rare to find a post like this one, that doesn't come from a raw place, such as the conversations to which you refer.

My role as a moderator is to try to keep conversations on track and on the subject. I would as soon applaud you if you wanted to post a guide on how to defend against tactics like these or the 899 strategy, or whatever. Just make sure that you are tackling the strategy with ideas, rather than the insults, stat-shaming, accusations of misconduct and so forth that have no place on the Forum. That's all I could ask for.

You have a great day also!

BTW: we are looking for some good people who love the game and the community who would like to apply to join the Volunteer Moderator group. 

• Cool 2

[KOBK]
Members
191 posts
3,658 battles
34 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

While i think its a good idea to sunk the cv as fast as possible, the lack of vision for your team does proffit enough? Since the enemy dds dont do this (we suppose they dont do it)? Also, if some cruiser or an stray dd as RPL, they can easy detect or alert. Unless the enemy cv is bad or the reds have terrible aim, i dont think its a good idea...

17 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I found a extense post about this, but cant get what truly happened...something like hunting players for playing as cv...can you tell me what happened?

• Cool 1

[WNSTN]
Members
127 posts
8,874 battles

The strategy above is clear. This must be done in a quick fashion. The enemy will not have time to relocate to trap the focused attack. Slowed or stopped pushes will fail at the goal. 

Then as stated the push is usually in the center breaking the enemy into two groups which is easier to mop up. Especially with the spotting advantage.

• Cool 2

[MIA-I]
1,324 posts
14,210 battles
11 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

While i think its a good idea to sunk the cv as fast as possible, the lack of vision for your team does proffit enough? Since the enemy dds dont do this (we suppose they dont do it)? Also, if some cruiser or an stray dd as RPL, they can easy detect or alert. Unless the enemy cv is bad or the reds have terrible aim, i dont think its a good idea...

I found a extense post about this, but cant get what truly happened...something like hunting players for playing as cv...can you tell me what happened?

Every strategy is a trade-off in some way. If you read the OP carefully you will see he touches on this.t. When your only focus is to take out a particular ship, you take the risk that the red team will take advantage of the vulnerabilities you mention. Also there is the question of defending your own CV if you pursue this strategy - what does that entail?

A couple of the previous threads were problematic because they described people that play CVs as if they were guilty of misconduct, or advocated violating the EULA in order to hurt their own CV player. We wanted to see a good discussion about this because it is important to the community to move the discussion towards legitimate tactics in the meta. 

I'll add one more thing: if anyone was contacted by one of us because of one or more of those posts, it isn't because we don't want discussion on this issue, it is that such discussion has to respect the other forum members. There is plenty to disagree on and work out within the rules. 

Anyway, I've had a full day of it, and hope everyone has smooth sailing!

• Cool 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,346 posts
13,767 battles
8 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

The 2 groups I saw doing this were 60%+ WR groups, so once the CV was dead, they just came back and cleaned up.  If you do it fast enough like they were, there is plenty of time to catch up.  Even if the enemy team tries to stop you, you have to understand that these are 3 very good players, in a coordinated effort to protect each other to complete a goal.  They can bring down most ships fairly quickly with concentrated fire, especially from smoke.  The allied CV should be able to spot enough to help the team out while the DDs do this.  Even if they can't, they are getting there so fast that the enemy team is just discombobulated.

The game I was in, I even TOLD the CV on my team to run and that 3 DDs were coming for him - he barely moved and was totally surprised, which most CV drivers honestly would be (they are not expecting anything to challenge them that early).

I don't know if an average group of DDs players could pull this off, but it would be a fun challenge as a DD player and as a CV driver trying to survive it.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts
20 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

As a Volunteer Moderator, I don't work for WG. And for the record, I own every CV in the game, I may not be very comfortable playing them, but I have nothing against any player who is doing their best in a tricky environment. I support CV players equally, and when and if subs make it into the game, though I'm not particularly good with them either, I'll definitely support their efforts to succeed and to have fun.

Doesn't matter if you work for them or not. A moderator's role is to remain neutral and moderate. The more you speak in your response and further down the thread, I am inclined to believe you ought not be moderating. I'm all fine with you speaking your voice as a forum member - but even a volunteer moderator has weight and potentially more authority than a regular forum member. 

I think you have stepped over the boundary. You feel differently. Nothing you said in your original post supported CV players equally.

Being a moderator changes your ability to interact with the forum. If you can't see that, and see where your posting was the wrong thing to do, I can't help you. It is not the role of a moderator.

Eh, I've had my say. We'll see where this thread goes, maybe it will end up disappearing like other threads. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[KOBK]
Members
191 posts
3,658 battles
13 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I did notice this formation a lot in the ranked i play today, but since there was no cv in any of them didnt understand why. Just think those dds must be above average, then come to the forum and find about this and some fight that happened yesterday. Well, it could work since most of the players are randoms even in ranked.

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
1,324 posts
14,210 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Doesn't matter if you work for them or not. A moderator's role is to remain neutral and moderate. The more you speak in your response and further down the thread, I am inclined to believe you ought not be moderating. I'm all fine with you speaking your voice as a forum member - but even a volunteer moderator has weight and potentially more authority than a regular forum member. 

I think you have stepped over the boundary. You feel differently. Nothing you said in your original post supported CV players equally.

Being a moderator changes your ability to interact with the forum. If you can't see that, and see where your posting was the wrong thing to do, I can't help you. It is not the role of a moderator.

Eh, I've had my say. We'll see where this thread goes, maybe it will end up disappearing like other threads. 

Hopefully it won't go so badly. 

The challenge to you as  a thoughtful CV player is: how to counter this strategy? I don't personally know and I would be interested to hear from someone who devotes a lot of time to CVs how you would approach the problem.Put together a guide and I'll read it. 

As for your concern about me as a moderator, well we don't discuss that on the Forums, and I don't really worry too much about how people think about me. The rules are more important than how I feel about a particular subject or person. 

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,346 posts
13,767 battles
9 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

I did notice this formation a lot in the ranked i play today, but since there was no cv in any of them didnt understand why. Just think those dds must be above average, then come to the forum and find about this and some fight that happened yesterday. Well, it could work since most of the players are randoms even in ranked.

That would have been totally random coincidence, as the only real way to do this would be in a div, which is not allowed in ranked.  Even if you could, the risk would be higher due to the reduced amount of players (you are now essentially dedicating half your team to the CV hunt, instead of 1/4th.)  The reduced map sizes would help a bit though but either way, you can't effectively do this in ranked :)

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,346 posts
13,767 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Have a great day. 

The moderator did not mention CVs at all.  He was not applauding this as an anti-CV tactic in any way - he was applauding the fact that this is the proper way to present a tactic, as opposed to how it was handled previously.  If someone posts a CV survival guide in the same way, they probably would say the same thing (assuming the same train wreck as the previous one here happened again).  I think you are reading WAY between the lines with what he said, and reading it as an endorsement of the actual tactic instead of the format.

Moderators are players here, with their own thoughts and opinions.  Unless they are specifically told "Hey, you are now a moderator because you have had an excellent forums presence for so long.  Sadly, you now have to be a robot and only post when your moderation duties are needed, otherwise you can't post at all" (which would be silly).

Possible counters?

As for a counter of the tactic, I really can't think of one that would be reliable.  Making sure that your CV is not sitting still will help.  Making sure you are not just sitting at the spawn point where you are easy to find.  Locating the DDs as a top priority will help, as usually they are charging and with a concerted effort, *could* be stopped.  Keep them spotted as long as possible (not sure if you can spot the Kidd outside of its AA range).  get in behind a decent size group of ships maybe also.  Ultimately, Ask for help if you see a 3 man DD party :)

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 2

[KOBK]
Members
191 posts
3,658 battles
9 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

That would have been totally random coincidence, as the only real way to do this would be in a div, which is not allowed in ranked.  Even if you could, the risk would be higher due to the reduced amount of players (you are now essentially dedicating half your team to the CV hunt, instead of 1/4th.)  The reduced map sizes would help a bit though but either way, you can't effectively do this in ranked :)

Uh ok, sorry, my bad. Was just a coincidence then

[SOFOP]
Members
2,346 posts
13,767 battles
1 minute ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Uh ok, sorry, my bad. Was just a coincidence then

No worries :)

[TARK]
Members
5,638 posts
2,260 battles
29 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Hopefully it won't go so badly. 

The challenge to you as  a thoughtful CV player is: how to counter this strategy? I don't personally know and I would be interested to hear from someone who devotes a lot of time to CVs how you would approach the problem.Put together a guide and I'll read it. 

As for your concern about me as a moderator, well we don't discuss that on the Forums, and I don't really worry too much about how people think about me. The rules are more important than how I feel about a particular subject or person. 

How to counter three DDs that no how to use the mechanics...and Akizukis broken quarter pen sillyness?

I think the answer is clear. Bring your own Akizukis to the fight. Division your CV with serious gunboat hunter destroyers.

• Cool 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,835 posts
13,291 battles

As has been stated many, many times. There is NOTHING wrong with discussing tactics or sharing ways to work together to counter mechanics or tactics! GG @DolphinPrincess

Conversations on tactics, mechanics and how to counter tactics and mechanics should NEVER stop. That has NEVER been an issue for us ever for moderation. I play every single class with a focus on DDs, and when I am in a ship, I work to counter the enemy ships I am fighting, regardless of what class it is.

There should never and will never be any moderation against constructive discussions about tactics. The moderation only comes when community members want to break the guidelines/rules, TOS or EULA, THAT is where moderation will and should occur.

17 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

How to counter three DDs that no how to use the mechanics...and Akizukis broken quarter pen sillyness?

I think the answer is clear. Bring your own Akizukis to the fight. Division your CV with serious gunboat hunter destroyers.

Exactly the convo that should be happening!

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
5,638 posts
2,260 battles

I think another useful question would be to ask if any other division combo is as successful as this one?

It seems to me that the dual Kidd / Akizuki division is excellent not just as a CV hunting division...but as a game winner in its own right.

Is that not so? 90% winrate is pretty impressive.

If so, how does it stack up against past CV divisioning data? Surely the spreadsheets can be analyzed for this...

• Cool 1

Supertester
92 posts
12,077 battles

The 2x Kidds + Akizuki is a near-perfect blend of survivability, vision control, and firepower. The Kidds excel in both anti-DD and AA due to their good conceal, high DPM, and heals. Akizuki provides the heavy firepower to punch through cruisers and BBs. 

The div achieves its 90% WR because it is highly effective against both CVs and DDs, the 2 most influential classes in the game. The CV loses too many planes if they strike the AA blob and 3 DDs can easily ambush most other DDs. The Akizuki also allows the div to remain effective when dealing with cruisers and BBs due to her 32mm HE pen and amazing base HE DPM (Many T10 cruisers can't match her raw firepower).

A lot of teams also make the mistake of rushing back to counter the div, which almost always ends up backfiring because they surrender too much map control. The div can simply disengage, leaving the defenders with nothing to shoot and wondering why they got triple capped. It is for these reasons you can achieve a 90% WR, even in no CV matches. 

32 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Akizuki's 1/4 pen is irrelevant against DDs as she punches through their armor anyways. She is effective because of her insane DPM and 23k HP pool, allowing her to easily 1 v 1 DDs. 

18 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

How about an 899 division...

Tier 8 CV with two Kitakazes?

The Kidd Kidd Aki div was created with the intention of countering CVs. As such, no divving with CVs is allowed. 

• Cool 1

[JMMAF]
Members
2,026 posts
6,677 battles
2 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

What it is: A triple div consisting of 3 destroyers working together to take out the biggest threat on the enemy team: the aircraft carrier.

How it is done: The div consists of 2 Kidds and 1 Akizuki, find the weakest link in the enemy team and fight your way to open a hole in the enemy formation to take out the carrier in the back.

How it works: The Kidds in the division will be the bulk of the fleet. Kidds have very high effective health and can spot/tank for extended periods of time. The two Kidds can also rotate their smoke for permanent coverage. Kidd also have enough AA power that when grouped up, can stop the strikes of T6 and inexperienced T8 carriers.

The Akizuki in the div is the vital VIP that uses the protection from the Kidds and is responsible for killing enemy ships quickly and effectively. This includes not only the carrier itself, but also the ships that may block the way.

Why it wins games: Aircraft carriers in world of warships have the highest impact in the game, taking out the enemy carrier means that you shut down the majority of the spotting of the enemy team and allows your team to perform on the flanks and strike the enemy from different angles. This is made especially tru since your division will be splitting the enemy in half and creating the crossfire in itself.

The cost of doing this is obviously cap control. Since you are grouping 3 destroyers in a single direction, this means that you will only get the single cap in that direction the forfeit the other two caps. However, the kills you get will easily have a net point swing large enough to make up the 1 less cap can tick. Additionally by pushing and splitting the enemy you can a massive amount of map control, this allows your ships to gain superior positioning and push out the enemy team to regain control of the caps.

Remember: You can always retake caps, but once a ship is sunk, it is sunk for the rest of the battle.

Step by step instruction:

First, you need to spec your captains correctly, this isnt much different than your normal random battle build.

For the Kidds, you want to take PT, PM, AR, LS, SE, BFT, SI, CE. It is a primarily support build, you want CE so you can spot the enemy destroyers, SI for extra heal with SE to tank for Akizuki, BFK for additional AA and power to assist if needed. Rest are obvious picks for any DD.

For the Akizuki, you want to take PT, PM, AR, LS, SE, BFT, DE, CE. So the big difference between this and a randoms build is the absence of IFHE. The reason is that the benefit of IFHE (which is crossing the 32mm pen), is mostly effective against BBs. The role of the Akizuki is not to farm BBs as BBs are not a threat to any of the DDs, its job is to mainly take out the cruisers (especially those with radar) so that the division as a whole can advance. 

The next step is to look for weakest part of the enemy team. Something that your division can fight and win against. Sometimes there wont be such a link for the first 5 minutes, in this case it is ok to wait and control the cap until a hole opens up naturally. 

The next step is to take out opposing enemy team destroyer that tries to contest the same cap if there is one. The idea is to have the Kidds about 1km in front of the Akizuki, because Akizuki have worse detection than the Kidds, you do not want to reveal your position to the enemy until all destroyers are in optimal engagement range.

The DPM of 2 Kidds and an Akizuki should be enough to take out any destroyer before it have a chance to slow down and smoke or turn away. It is critical that you must either sink the DD or deal sufficient damage to keep him away, otherwise the potential torps into your perma smoke will cause problems (unless its something with deepwater torpedoes)

Next is the path to the carrier. At this stage stealth is incredibly important. You do not want to set off alarms. Because once you kill the enemy DD and the CV realizes its not ideal to strike a blobed up division with 2 Kidds, you will be able to cut off the enemy team's spotting onto your div allowing you to make the move.

If any enemy is blocking the way or coming back to reinforce, this is where the Akizuki comes in. The Akizuki will smoke and the Kidds will open water gun boat the target (mostly as a decoy) while the Akizuki burns it down. Kidds will have to rotate and use their heals to make efficient use of their hp depending on the threat level of the target.

Finally comes the time to sink the carrier, this is where the Kidds will use their super long smoke activation times to draw a huge smoke that acts like a red carpet for the Akizuki to go thru as it fires on the carrier undetected. Remember some CVs are very well armored, such as the T10 CVs and the British CVs in particular, which will need the combined effort of the division to take down.

After you kill the carrier the enemy team is crippled, you can all go to a single flank and completely surround the enemy from the back or split to work on both flanks at the same time. The game should end in a easy victory from here.

When done correctly, this division can yield upwards of 90% win rate, a very effective method of carrying the typical random teammates.

how many battles in a 3 DD div do you need to make this work well somewhat regularly? which do you think it more important, skill or teamwork?

my clam tried 4 DDs in T10 CB a while back, and it worked well until we ran into all radar CAs... ow.  even then, it was close.

Members
1,578 posts
33,920 battles
9 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

As has been stated many, many times. There is NOTHING wrong with discussing tactics or sharing ways to work together to counter mechanics or tactics! GG @DolphinPrincess

Conversations on tactics, mechanics and how to counter tactics and mechanics should NEVER stop. That has NEVER been an issue for us ever for moderation. I play every single class with a focus on DDs, and when I am in a ship, I work to counter the enemy ships I am fighting, regardless of what class it is.

There should never and will never be any moderation against constructive discussions about tactics. The moderation only comes when community members want to break the guidelines/rules, TOS or EULA, THAT is where moderation will and should occur.

Exactly the convo that should be happening!

-Hapa

They have yet to call me in for an air strike.

DDs, they are all the same. Don't dance, get torpedoes.

One thing I do know. 1 v 1. None of the purples would want me in the air above.

You don't have to be great to CV, just crazy to scare purple players. It's all about the unpredictability. And probably the reason for the sublime animosity towards CV players. CV players lately are vastly unpredictable. It's the chaos factor in the game.

It makes purple clans move out of their confort zone. CV players threaten their win record.

So what do they do? Refuse to play and do weirdo things like create secret commando unit AA team that debunks the argument of no CV counters.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1