You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Thank you WG for another amazing ranked season

79 comments in this topic

[OIL-1]
Members
978 posts

Perfect! Everybody is equal. Shouldn't be any complaints!

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,732 posts

If you see a queue with all BBs like that, try going in with a torpy DD and hunting some elephant.

• Funny 2

[NSC]
Supertester
2,324 posts
13 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

qCk7FGK.png

I've played a few Ranked games this season (including a couple in BB) and haven't yet seen an all BB team or noticed the disproportionate number of BBs. Interesting!

Members
2,729 posts
93 battles
13 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

qCk7FGK.png

Isn't this what every player wants? No CV scum, no stealth DDs, and no HE-spam cruisers?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[PQUOD]
Members
2,232 posts
4,825 battles
15 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Isn't this what every player wants? No CV scum, no stealth DDs, and no HE-spam cruisers?

Hate of high ROF Ships..

Hate of stealth ninja DD and walls of skill which is the topic when...

CV aren't involved. Because everyone hates CV and that's the loudest bandwagon going on atm. Take CV away and see previous complaint.

Also people hate being deleted in one shot by BB

They really hate being on fire. Or flooded. Anything scratching the paint.

Radar was once a thing but see CV complaint.

This community if given what they want would have nothing to play with. If all of the people complaining were given their wish we would be playing World of Luxury Yachts and Liners. Or more like tier 1 where its all the same and bland.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,515 posts
34,740 battles

Lol so predictable. It's almost as if there was some type of ship everyone was trying to buffer against.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,478 posts
14,198 battles
25 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I've played a few Ranked games this season (including a couple in BB) and haven't yet seen an all BB team or noticed the disproportionate number of BBs. Interesting!

It’s because the MM is pushing through non BB ships immediately into battle and taking a few BBs out of that que pile of BBs to do it. Notice how the BBs have been in Que almost a minute so far in the screen shot, and yet during times like that if you get a CA or DD there is no wait at all?

Now CVs you might get delayed a little depending on how many CV players are on. Although in my personal opinion it’s stupid for them to try using CVs in Ranked as any sensible player will bring heavy AA into Ranked this season and the CV does not have 12 ships to act as a protective screen  to protect it like in Randoms. So making break through to sink the CV is a lot easier. Plus CVs tend to be a lot more difficult to star save in ever since that one season a few too many players were able to easily star save in CVs so their XP earnings got adjusted to prevent them from star saving so easily. Which means if your team loses odds are very high your CV will not be saving it’s star.

[INTEL]
Members
12,515 posts
34,740 battles
34 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

The ranked mm won't form an all BB match.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,365 posts
13,820 battles

I think an all BB ranked match would be fun.  Personally, while I like playing T8 BBs (and did at the start because I had german mission goals), I just don't like sitting around for 2-3 minutes between matches, waiting for a game to pop .  While I'd rather play my Mass B, I just ended up going Talinn and Akizuki.  My WR sucked because for whatever reason, I couldn't pull off wins in Tirpitz at all.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,823 posts
16,146 battles

There have been a LOT of CVs. No one wants to play DD...90% of my matches have been with CV, and it's really tough to play DD. 

• Cool 3

[NFJF]
Members
4 posts
13,016 battles

Yeah, with only six ships for the CV to go after you can tell they made this rank season all for the CV players.

The folks at Wargamming must love CV players.

I just got out of a game where the CV players on both sides were from the same Clan. There is absolutely no way to decide who will win in that match if your one of the other 12 people playing. The power is in the hands of those two CV players. You know they are on coms together just laughing at how they control the destiny of the other 12 people in the game. I see why now after just the first day why people were announcing the were boycotting this ranked season due to the Carriers.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,378 posts
9,460 battles
1 hour ago, _Guppy said:

Yeah, with only six ships for the CV to go after you can tell they made this rank season all for the CV players.

The folks at Wargamming must love CV players.

I just got out of a game where the CV players on both sides were from the same Clan. There is absolutely no way to decide who will win in that match if your one of the other 12 people playing. The power is in the hands of those two CV players. You know they are on coms together just laughing at how they control the destiny of the other 12 people in the game. I see why now after just the first day why people were announcing the were boycotting this ranked season due to the Carriers.

Careful what you say, because after all.. anybody who doesn't like CVs are clearly a vocal minority that doesn't matter, and the echo chamber of CV apologists here on these forums will come to berate you into submission or silence.  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

Members
1,537 posts

no more than 4 BB/ 7 total ships in Ranked is already very lenient to our BB fellas, very...should be 2 BB maximum. 

• Haha 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,732 posts
1 hour ago, CaliburxZero said:

Careful what you say, because after all.. anybody who doesn't like CVs are clearly a vocal minority that doesn't matter, and the echo chamber of CV apologists here on these forums will come to berate you into submission or silence.  

No one is trying to berate anyone into silence.

What would be nice, however, is if we could get grown-up discussion -- instead of thread spam, derailing threads, hyperbole, toxicity towards CV players, ridiculous rhetoric like "oppression", "bullying", etc, and the oh-woe-is-us persecution complex that are the hallmarks of the anti-CV "movement" right now.   Threads get posted slyly linking to promotion of outright cheating (location giveaway, etc) to "punish" CV players and drive CVs out of the game, and then when those threads get hammered, it's "unfair" and "protecting CVs".  :Smile_smile:

It's reached the point where some people who just don't care that much either way are getting sick of it, and if they're berating anyone to do anything, it's to stop crapping up the forums with this constant deluge of nonsense about how horrible CVs are and how horrible the people who play them are.    I still hate the CV rebork and think it was a mistake, I've been posting AA fixes for months on end trying to get that situation addressed, and I'm sick of that real issue being worked around with spotting cludges and such... but the anti-CV hate-train is wearing down my ability to give a fig as to whether the actual problems ever get fixed. 

When there are CV-haters literally trying to drive people out of the game, it's ironic as hell for people who are saying "knock it off already" about the CV-hate to be accused of trying to "silence" people.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[YORHA]
Members
4,845 posts
9,586 battles
2 hours ago, CaliburxZero said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12598382

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,205 posts
5,975 battles

Literally  any forum discussion now has become white noise....   Every single issue with the game will be painted with the same brush by exactly the same posters.  No wonder WG has stopped listening to NA.     

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,443 posts
10,347 battles
10 hours ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Wow people surely like to complain, no cvs and they still complain...

If it were actually no CVs then folks might be more tempted to bring out DDs. But since there's a risk of CVs... you get BB-o-rama

[BB22]
Members
561 posts
6,692 battles

I tried dds, too many cvs.

Cvs eventually find you. I'll probably stick to hipper hulls. Tallinn is looking strong, PE and hipper as well.

Members
2,900 posts
5,580 battles
10 hours ago, legozer said:

There have been a LOT of CVs. No one wants to play DD...90% of my matches have been with CV, and it's really tough to play DD. 

Oddly my very first match was one BB, two cruisers, and four destroyers per team. It has certainly evened out since, and I'd say that one or two DD games with a CV are common. I am seeing a surprising number of baffling ship picks. One of my first few games had someone who took AL Yukikaze, and this was first day of the season at Rank 10, so most of the players in the matchmaking where those who ranked out or came close last season. 

[--K--]
Members
6,716 posts
14,568 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Threads get posted slyly linking to promotion of outright cheating (location giveaway, etc) to "punish" CV players and drive CVs out of the game, and then when those threads get hammered, it's "unfair" and "protecting CVs". 

Wow, and you started off talking about hyperbole. One person who was not the OP in those threads recounted an episode where it happened. He did not say people should do it and several people flat out said that was against the rules and should not be done. Take your hyperbole and hypocrisy outta here.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,732 posts
6 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Wow, and you started off talking about hyperbole. One person who was not the OP in those threads recounted an episode where it happened. He did not say people should do it and several people flat out said that was against the rules and should not be done. Take your hyperbole and hypocrisy outta here.

:Smile_teethhappy:

The ducky doth protest too much. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
1,679 posts
5,897 battles
12 hours ago, dimzzy said:

qCk7FGK.png

There is a real easy Asashio solution to that queue. 

10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

The ducky doth protest too much. 

The ducky has a point.  I am sure 100%, as @Wolfswetpaws can attest  I have posted previously, that  the vast majority of people who play CVs play them because they genuinely like them.   However  here on these forums there are just as many bad apples defending CVs with all those negative things you attributed to the people attacking CVs.    What I am trying to say both sides have some real nasty pieces of work contributing to the nastiness. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1