You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Boomer625

Potential CV tactic

5 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
137 posts
920 battles

Step 1: Get enough points for Adrenaline rush plus other skills for aircraft

Step 2: battle

Step 3: rush right behind BBs to get spotted while flying planes in to deal damage

Step 4: have enemy BBs blapp you to 10k hp

Step 5: run away and become unspotted

Step 6: use Adrenaline Rush skill to max effect to deal more damage faster

[AXANR]
Members
3,596 posts
21,664 battles

Bold of you to assume you'll be able to disengage that easily once spotted. Most CVs are slow and visible enough to make that tough, and especially in high-tiers it will be tough to take significant damage and disengage without getting completely deleted. 

Adrenaline Rush is an awesome skill, and there are a few ships where I'll deliberately keep my hp low situationally to boost ROF (such as Conqueror) but even though AR is powerful, it's usually not worth taking danage you don't have to just for a buff to your offense. You can't deal damage when you're dead, and in most ships, especially without a heal, you have to trade some damage to get damage no matter how well you angle. And a CV once spotted will absolutely be focused hard enough most of the time that the potential offensive buff won't outweigh all the times you die before you can run away. 

[HINON]
Members
12,945 posts

Assuming you survive getting focused to take cover, not much is stopping the other CV from going after your now low hp. 

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,838 posts
12,488 battles

You need to carefully read Adrenaline Rush and how works on CV's.

The reload speed of the ships weapons improves by 0.2% per 1% of ships health lost.

Squadron speed increases by 0.2% per 1% of the squadron's health lost, not the ships health.

Taking damage to the CV doesn't help you, it's damage to the planes, and with the revised, rework AA system, it's effects are seriously limited. Your speed will increase as the last aircraft takes damage, and will drop back down when the last airplane dies, because the squadron's max health was just reduced.

Could be fun with Lugens on a Graf Zeppelin, go spotting for heals while your ship impersonates a 150mm minigun.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
137 posts
920 battles

I am guessing that a ship's weapons include the regen rate of planes, so more planes on deck with lost hp to the ship,but I am not sure and will try it out in battle